10+ Year Old Account

Fist of Fury bug.

All right all you windwalkers out there, we need to test and post our results to the official forums so that our beloved devs can fix this. Let me explain the problem to those that don't already know it.

Currently on the live servers, can't comment about ptr, when you reach certain haste thresholds you lose 1 tick from your channel. Theoretically you always lose 1 tick under Heroism/Blodlust. The haste thresholds are 6072 for the first thick and 9808 for the second or in channel time 3.5 sec and 2.5. Try to replicate and report your data to the official forums so they can hopefully fix it.
    Last edited by mirodin; 2012-10-26 at 11:51 PM.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    I have already seen this behaviour some time ago, since then I just don't use it in raids. Nice to see some actual numbers on what's really happening, was too lazy to test it out exactly myself, so thanks for doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    I have already seen this behaviour some time ago, since then I just don't use it in raids. Nice to see some actual numbers on what's really happening, was too lazy to test it out exactly myself, so thanks for doing it.
    Just to clarify i didn't do it, all the credit goes to the guys on the EJ forums (Baconslicer, Mihir,..) for testing and confirming it. I'm just spreading the word so that more people are aware and maybe we can get it fixed.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    What the hell is a thick?

10+ Year Old Account
    just assume he meant tick daredalus

and that is indeed interesting.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

I tested this myself on a target dummy a few days ago. Normally with no haste, FoF will get 5 hits, one on the initial hit and then one every second starting 0.5 seconds after the initial. The 6k haste figure for losing one tick is pretty apparent with any haste trinket or simply stacking haste on gear. That 9k figure I believe is wrong though, because I had around 8k haste from rating and Bloodlust on top of it and still got 4 hits. This makes sense when you figure that, in order to lose the second tick, the total channel time would have to be reduced to 2.5 seconds.

Without actually looking at EJ's work, I can confirm the 6072 number for losing one tick is probably right, but that the 9808 for losing a second tick is only with Bloodlust. You can work around this bug by avoiding FoF with a haste proc up, but that could be incredibly challenging if you're above 4500 haste and have Windsong.

Theoretically, if you're losing one tick every 20 seconds on FoF, it could be anywhere from 1k to 3k DPS, which right now is between 2% and 5% of total DPS. Basically, it's kind of a big deal.

I hate when my fists get furry.

Also, I think I have noticed this as well. Haven't been paying too much attention since it's my off-offspec, but FoF does seem to behave strangely under high-haste circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Without actually looking at EJ's work, I can confirm the 6072 number for losing one tick is probably right, but that the 9808 for losing a second tick is only with Bloodlust.
    Yup forgot to mention that part, you need lust with that 9808 haste to lost the second hit, the actual haste value is 25500 haste rating.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Good to see something blizz was so dead set on being required in our rotation.... is broken.. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    What the hell is a thick?
    I believe he meant tick, as in when you use FOF it tends to tick damage, another word would be pulse.

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    Good to see something blizz was so dead set on being required in our rotation.... is broken.. -_-
    Honestly, I feel like we're forced to use this odd ability, in any situation, pvp or pve it tends to be a pain the ass to land or at the very least get the full duration on your target.

On the excitement meter it's a flat 0.1, I love the control it has in pvp but it's pretty boring to use.
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

Quote Originally Posted by Smashpanda View Post
    I believe he meant tick, as in when you use FOF it tends to tick damage, another word would be pulse.

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 10:55 AM ----------

Honestly, I feel like we're forced to use this odd ability, in any situation, pvp or pve it tends to be a pain the ass to land or at the very least get the full duration on your target.

On the excitement meter it's a flat 0.1, I love the control it has in pvp but it's pretty boring to use.
    I feel like it scales poorly too, tho ive gotten upgrades the dmg ticks are barely higher than they were when I first hit 90. Not to mention half the time I feel like popping it with tiger strikes up is nearly a neutral dps move.

I feel like it scales poorly too, tho ive gotten upgrades the dmg ticks are barely higher than they were when I first hit 90. Not to mention half the time I feel like popping it with tiger strikes up is nearly a neutral dps move.
    Not to mention (in pvp) if some random homo steps infront mid channel it will split the damage between the two or more targets thus reducing the dmg done to the initial target you're trying to take down, *raises hand in the air thumbing up* that's pretty GOOD! ~sarcasm~
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

It actually scales pretty well, and Tiger Strikes lasts far too long (15 seconds for 4 attacks?) for it to possibly be wasted, since it should be used up in around 5 or 6 seconds. It's just a horribly clunky ability for a melee to have and it being broken doesn't help, but if it worked properly it would definitely be a DPS increase to use it (almost) whenever possible.

Deleted
    It wasn't the make or break in doing well as WW as it stood.