Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    Even Crusaders' Coliseum was more interesting.
    Umm... yeah....

Anyways, I actually read every single quest text there was from 85-90. If you had done that, then you'd know EXACTLY why we are in Mogu'shan Vaults.

But I will agree with you on one thing: the raids do felt underwhelming, but not just recently. Ulduar was the last grand-scale raid in World of Warcraft with everything after it feeling like a glorified dungeon. Gone are the AQs, the Naxxramas', the Black Temples; Places that make you stop and just pan your camera around in awe at how massive and detailed the design is. Hell, Mogu'shan Vaults doesn't even have it's own music.

So it's the dev's fault that you're completely oblivious as to why you're in MSV when a huge amount of quests, especially those daily/lotus quests, jammed information down your throat to explain why the Mogu are dangerous?
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Umm... yeah....

Anyways, I actually read every single quest text there was from 85-90. If you had done that, then you'd know EXACTLY why we are in Mogu'shan Vaults.

But I will agree with you on one thing: the raids do felt underwhelming, but not just recently. Ulduar was the last grand-scale raid in World of Warcraft with everything after it feeling like a glorified dungeon. Gone are the AQs, the Naxxramas', the Black Temples; Places that make you stop and just pan your camera around in awe at how massive and detailed the design is. Hell, Mogu'shan Vaults doesn't even have it's own music.
    Mogu'Shan Vaults doesnt have awe design? REALLY? it has no detail? REALLY?

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    This is what I mean. Vaults doesn't feel like a raid. Sure they have an ancient doomsday device, but I just don't feel threatened in the least. Outside of the raid you learn about the history of Pandaria and the Mogu, and there's the quests with the Zandalari with the thunder king and all that. But when it comes to the raid itself I just feel really... meh.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    So it's the dev's fault that you're completely oblivious as to why you're in MSV when a huge amount of quests, especially those daily/lotus quests, jammed information down your throat to explain why the Mogu are dangerous?
    Well again with all the effort I don't know why an MMO with this scale fails to create characters like Arthas, Illidan, Thrall etc like Warcraft3 did at its time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The zone design is pretty boring and uninspired, the encounters themselves are pretty fun IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you don't like MSV (I do), there are 2 more raids coming.

There's also still more Mogu story in the expansion, so it's not meant to be a conclusion to the Thunder King and Zandalari stuff.

No, you're just wrong
    who are these clowns? did you buy your account? did you pay one of those chinese to powerlevel your toon to 90? bad desing? some fights are very very fun
    And keep in mind it's just 1/3 of "MoP raids" so just shut up already, your embarrassing yourself

Deleted
    I actually loved every part of MV, and I can't wait for the other 2! The lore about these instances is there too and it's good, it's your choice to embrace it or to stay forever with the old wow lore and never accept something new.

Deleted
    MSV is part of a quest chain that (in my eyes) abruptly ends in kun-lai summit. lorewalker cho says something about oh noes the thunder king is now alive and we should stop him getting in his ancient vaults, and then the stories ends there.

so MSV is too expand on that since we actually going in there trying too stop that which was hidden so the thunder king and zandalari trolls cant use it.
    but it still leaves the part of thunderking open which seems too continue in 5.2, since 5.1 wrathion quest hint at that.

Deleted
    I think its a fantastic instance and really well tuned on all difficulties tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    No, you're just wrong
    who are these clowns? did you buy your account? did you pay one of those chinese to powerlevel your toon to 90? bad desing? some fights are very very fun
    And keep in mind it's just 1/3 of "MoP raids" so just shut up already, your embarrassing yourself
    Hahaha... why are people getting so offended and defensive? I've been playing since vanilla 2005, so I have certain expectations as far as raid designs go. Vaults just doesn't cut it. I never said the fights are bad. The fights themselves seem fine as far as abilities and tactics and whatever. My issue is that the raid itself is pretty much 3 rooms involving some pretty boring bosses (again, not boring from a gameplay standpoint). After fighting such important warcraft characters in the past, I'm just not impressed by some dead mogu, a troll, a titan tech dragon and a bunch of stone soldiers. You guys are pretty quick to say I bought my account or powerleveled, but I actually remember the previous raids, and they were definitely way more epic than Mogu'shan Vaults.

During Cataclysm, it would've been impossible for us to know that Nefarian got ressurected into an undead, it wasn't mentioned anywhere. So how did we get to find up his raid and his motives? We had little reason to storm TO4W aswell, Al'akir did nothing to us, all he did was bury a few pyramids with sand. Bastion of Twilight atleast had quite some quests leading into the place.

Hahaha... why are people getting so offended and defensive? I've been playing since vanilla 2005, so I have certain expectations as far as raid designs go. Vaults just doesn't cut it. I never said the fights are bad. The fights themselves seem fine as far as abilities and tactics and whatever. My issue is that the raid itself is pretty much 3 rooms involving some pretty boring bosses (again, not boring from a gameplay standpoint). After fighting such important warcraft characters in the past, I'm just not impressed by some dead mogu, a troll, a titan tech dragon and a bunch of stone soldiers. You guys are pretty quick to say I bought my account or powerleveled, but I actually remember the previous raids, and they were definitely way more epic than Mogu'shan Vaults.
    You talk about things not being epic and then offhandedly dismiss a "titan tech dragon"... WHAT? The titans are only the single most important lore hook in the entire WC universe and you just dismiss the Mogu using their technology as unimportant? o_O

As far as the scale goes, when comparing to older raids you have to realize, you're comparing a THIRD of a raid tier to full tiers. Of course it's not the scale of something like Ulduar. It's only a third of the content. Massive 12-14 boss instances don't always work for what they are trying to present lore wise, here they have 3 distinct lore angles they are working through, it would make no sense to have them all in one dungeon. Heart of Fear and Terrace could potentially have been combined, to the detriment of the overall presentation, but MSV is it's own branch of lore that's leading to one of the raids of the next tier.

Yeah yeah, I know there is lore and story behind the raid. My point is that, after fighting the burning legion, the scourge, old gods, elemental lords and what have you, we're suddenly here fighting these small fry who don't seem to pose any sort of significant threat. No one in Pandaria seems to give a shit. Pandas are farming and drinking beer without a care in the world. Horde is fighting with the Alliance as usual. The Sha are getting their butts kicked by random wandering bands of adventurers. The Klaxxi are... doing their whole war thing.
    They cant just throw Burning Legion and great Dragons on us... That would get really dumb... Dont you think?

Deleted
    what does that got to do with playing since vanilla? cause molten core was fucking boring

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    We are on an island that barely no one knew of until the events of MoP, fighting the ancient spirits and constructs of the tyrannical warlord race that enslaved the inhabitants of that island for a long time. Not to mention we are doing it in their secret vaults where no living being has tread since the revolution of the Pandaren against the Mogu. Vaults that store a superweapon and many titan-related secrets.

How is that not cool?
    This.. Well put!!

Deleted
    to be fair just stop playing, you've exceeded every limit of ignorance I thought was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    Funnt since, arguably the best raid in the history of the game (Ulduar) had most of its story pulled out of its rectum
    Haha, this made me chuckle. Every aspect of the game and story was pulled out of someone's 'rectum' . Try again.
    The argument people constantly use as an excuse for not knowing what's going on the game or why is 'they just made up some lore/story!'. lmao, I mean... that's just too funny! "WTF they added a sequel to The Fellowship of the ring?! Who pulled that out of his rectum!?"

hahaha thanks for the laugh
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Clearly OP doesnt read lore and waits for the NPC to say it out loud..