10+ Year Old Account

Is our DPS high enough on Elegon?

Hello!
    Our raid group (10m Normal) started progressing on Elegon last night. We're running with a Shadow Priest (me), a Fire Mage, a Boomchicken, a Combat Rogue, and a Fury Warrior for dps. We had a late start on raiding. This is our first week of raiding together, as we have just gotten our new guild on its feet.
    Anyway, last night during our Elegon attempts the dps seems a little low to me, but we have only seen the burn phase once thus far. Is our dps high enough to cut it during the burn phase?
    World of Logs: This is our best attempt and the one time we saw the burn phase
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10539&e=11068

Is there anything you can recommend for any of our dps that could help them step up if needed? Is there anyone in particular that is slacking? If you have any tips for the resto healers, that would also be greatly appreciated (we know how poorly the disc priest was doing, and that is being addressed).
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Logs really don't help on this fight unless everyone logs their self and posts it. Since people have to enter the other realm it can skew the results.

Rendella Retribution Paladin for Dawn of the Dead Zul'jin-US

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendx View Post
    Logs really don't help on this fight unless everyone logs their self and posts it. Since people have to enter the other realm it can skew the results.
    That is on the third boss?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no 'other realm' on normal Elegon.

Why 3 heal? I would say your guys should probably step it up a little if you want to kill it with 3 healers, but..

thats garajal not elegon lol.

OP : if you can do 2 protectors in p1, 4 orbs each orb phase and 3-4 protectors again, you should be fine on dps. looking at logs dps is alittle low but definitely still killable. just gonna stress the healers more. and ya should 2 heal it if you can
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    You need a bit higher dps. Our top dpser was at 115k, our second was around 100k there other four at 87-90k, I (prot pally) at 78k and our prot warrior 56k. Defeated the boss with 15 secs or so left before the enrage.

And what the guy above me said, make it to 85% by the time you have killed your second celestial protector and kill 4 orbs on each of the 2 second phases. Finishing really fast p3 and aoeing correctly the adds after it's end really helps too. Pre-pot before fight, pot again when hero is cast when you reach last phase. You should consider asking your tanks to use a dps flask too if they are comfortable enough to do so. I did and it was so much better!
    Last edited by mmoc2a7830ed1a; 2012-10-26 at 10:48 PM.

Deleted
    this is our first kill log

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...=13646&e=14177

whats your tactics for killing it? how many stacks do you get on the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by sasslefrassed View Post
    Hello!
    Our raid group (10m Normal) started progressing on Elegon last night. We're running with a Shadow Priest (me), a Fire Mage, a Boomchicken, a Combat Rogue, and a Fury Warrior for dps. We had a late start on raiding. This is our first week of raiding together, as we have just gotten our new guild on its feet.
    Anyway, last night during our Elegon attempts the dps seems a little low to me, but we have only seen the burn phase once thus far. Is our dps high enough to cut it during the burn phase?
    World of Logs: This is our best attempt and the one time we saw the burn phase
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10539&e=11068

Is there anything you can recommend for any of our dps that could help them step up if needed? Is there anyone in particular that is slacking? If you have any tips for the resto healers, that would also be greatly appreciated (we know how poorly the disc priest was doing, and that is being addressed).
    go 2healers, and if its the priest healing have him go holy imo. and your boomkins dps seems semi low, unless hes quite undergeared ish

10+ Year Old Account
    We have been having a hard time getting him to push phase before the third protector spawns, which is why I thought it might be a low dps issue. Two-healing isn't very viable with our current healers as the resto druid is the only one with a viable offspec and to be quite honest, the disc priest isn't pulling her weight enough to two heal it with anyone. She's never played Shadow before, so that's pretty much out the window. We try to get four orbs down each time.
    I'll consider the tanks using dps flasks though.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    go 2healers, and if its the priest healing have him go holy imo. and your boomkins dps seems semi low, unless hes quite undergeared ish
    He is our lowest geared person, he hit 90 over the weekend. The priest has never done holy before, but after we talked to her we hope her healing will improve for Monday's attempts.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Deleted
    Sadly 3 healing isn't viable for now unless your dpsers can be REALLY GOOD and good geared. As I said in my above comment, we had pretty good dpsers and we were 2 healing it with us (the tanks) also trying to pull as much dps as possible and even then we were 15 secs away from enrage timer or so. Try replacing one healer with a dps for the progress run if it's needed. Unfortunately you have to make some sacrifices during progression sometimes. Good luck at killing elegon!

We have been having a hard time getting him to push phase before the third protector spawns, which is why I thought it might be a low dps issue. Two-healing isn't very viable with our current healers as the resto druid is the only one with a viable offspec and to be quite honest, the disc priest isn't pulling her weight enough to two heal it with anyone. She's never played Shadow before, so that's pretty much out the window. We try to get four orbs down each time.
    I'll consider the tanks using dps flasks though.
    It's always going to be hard if you decide you need to 3 heal it as the DPS requirement is pretty steep.

When we originally had some problems getting only 2 protectors in the first phase we left the second add alone for abit longer. Are you swapping everyone onto the second add straight away? Do you have anyone staying on the Boss? We had our Melee stick on the boss as much as poss while the ranged took care of the protector. On the second add we'd have to judge if we would be quick enough to push the phase while swapping, if not we'd all stick on the boss until he was close to phase change and then ranged would just nuke the add down in time for draw power. You may loose a few second uptime on the boss during his draw power but that is a small price to pay for making sure you only get the 2 protectors!

Your raid's dps is about the same as on my guild's first elegon kill.
    Are you saving BL for the burn phase? And how many stacks are you going for?
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Most groups go for 2 large adds, 4 sets of sparks, 3 large adds, 4 more sparks and then last, after the cylinder phase, an all out burn on the boss with hero/all cds popped. If you have to 3 heal, which is your biggest problem, make sure your healers help out on the sparks. To offset your low dps you absolutely have to do more than 4 sparks the first phase 2. I'd suggest for your group: 3 large adds, 6 sets of sparks, 2 large adds, and then 4 more sparks. Don't be cheap with cds either! For my group we found that in the end it was much more easy to do 2 healers, But while we were doing 3 heals our first week we would save cds (elementals/ascendance, Crit banners... anything 3 min or more) for the 4th through 6th set of sparks. If you can figure out a way to do 3 large adds without all your big cds, save them for the 4-6 sparks to get his debuff way up.

If instead you can 2 heal it, pop all your cds (except hero) and try for 2 sets of big adds at the beginning. If you can do that, you can do the normal 4 sparks strat. Best of luck!

He is our lowest geared person, he hit 90 over the weekend. The priest has never done holy before, but after we talked to her we hope her healing will improve for Monday's attempts.
    Ahh, anyway once you hit the burn phase also, if your dying because of healing problems have the boomie tranq, itll do a wonder to help heal wise, even tho this is a bit off

10+ Year Old Account
    We have been saving hero for the burn phase, and for the big adds, typically we tank them near the boss so the melee can cleave them down/switch easily and the ranged nuke it (aside from me, I've been dotting it up and staying on the boss until execute range on the add, then popping cascade and sw:d). When a third one pops we do a hard switch to it and everyone nukes it down. Since such an overwhelming amount of people highly recommend we 2-heal it, I'll talk with the raid leader and see what we can do. Hopefully our priest is up to par next run and the druid can go feral.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

The guides I was seeing all said 60k min dps requirement, I actually think it's much higher to be honest, we were ranging between 90-120k on our kills. To stress your healers less (because they will be stressed a lot through P3 as the raid damage ramps up quite quick) you need to be stacking more than 4 draw power on the boss, ESPECIALLY if you intend to continue 3 healing. We 2 heal and kill 5 waves each time, letting the 6th go to nuke the boss. So for those doing the math, provided everyone gets their orbs down (and doing it as a spriest is the pits if you don't get FDCL procs) thats a total of 12 stacks on him by the burn phase.

You won't come close to killing it with your current dps and 3 healers, end of story. You HAVE to 2 heal it.

Theres a few ticks you need to make to get a clean kill imo and I'll list them:
    1) Finish the burn to 85% with only 2 protectors spawning. If you can't do this then you waste too much time killing the 3rd one, its time lost on the boss and its an extra annihaliation cast
    2) Kill 4 lots of sparks, if you miss this then the next point becomes hard
    3) Do the 85% to 50% burn with only 3 protectors spawning
    4) Kill 4 lots of sparks again
    5) In addition, make sure all the pillar thingies on transitions die within 10 seconds of each other. Assign dps to each one, nuke em down to 20% and finish them off as one. Failure to do this will increase the speed at which the boss spawns adds.

Progress through the fight ticking off each of those points and you'll get a kill. You won't get it 3 healing though.

two healing isnt very challenging if everyone is resetting stacks often. dont let them go above 6 or so and you should see that the raid damage is fairly negligible.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't that we think two healing would be challenging, our lowest healer just doesn't have a dps spec/experience and isn't geared/good enough to two heal it with someone. But we've decided that we'll ask if she'll go shadow and if she says no we'll bench her for a dps. Thank you everyone!
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

We 2 healed this and it seemed to work out better. Having an extra DPS made a HUGE difference.