Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    When a new male lion takes over the pride he kills all the cubs that aren't his, just sayin.

The OP's situation is why I have a general (although not hard and fast) rule against dating women that already have children, and would probably extend it to a rule that I wouldn't date a women that had multiple kids from different people. While she might be a perfectly nice person, these decisions say something of her character, and it's not the sort of thing that's consistent with being someone I'd desire to be with. If she's having kids with multiple different people that are basically awful people, at some point, this becomes an indictment of her judgment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spektor View Post
    When a new male lion takes over the pride he kills all the cubs that aren't his, just sayin.
    Why the fuck did this make me burst out laughing, christ...

I just read your new post and it's obvious he has some sort of disorder. It seems He "needs" to do, or not to do, certain things. like the flushing of the toilet.

The thing is that you are thinking about it like he is a normal child that is rebelling or being obnoxious and refusing to do what you say.
    Try to look at it like he has an extreme need to, for example, control certain things. Maybe he has o.c.d and feels that if he does certain things, then other bad things will happen. Maybe there's early onset schizophrenia and he either hears "other ppl" telling him things, or he takes on other personalities. There could be so many reasons.

All these comments you say he makes. "I didn't mean to do it" and "it just happened" etc. tells me that he knows what you've said, but he has no control over what he does. the "need" or whatever it is that is governing him, is too strong.

Maybe this is something small, and because he is a child he can't find ways to deal with it, and it will work itself out with age. Or maybe this is quite serious and he need professional help a.s.a.p, and for a long time to come.

But the problem is that you are looking at it as he is normal. You are upset at his "behaviour", because you are judging it from a normal person with normal behaviour patterns as your outlook.

Imagine that he doesn't know how NOT to do these things. Imagine if he believed that if he did his homework his mother might die! Then can you begin to understand his behaviour? Why he would chose not to do it. Can you begin to try and find out HOW he thinks, WHY he does the things he does..I mean really find out. Maybe he's to afraid to tell you guys. so he says "i don't WANT to flush the toilet" because he cannot find a way to communicate why he really doesn't do it. does this make sense?

He has anger, and takes it out on things in odd ways. I recognize that from my own experience with aspberger syndrome in my nephew. (not saying your son has asbergers, but want to explain something)

1: He gets told he isn't allowed to do something he wanted.
    2: He doesn't understand why you told him he wasn't allowed, because his way of understanding what was being said doesn't work the same as "normal" ppl. Therefore he feels VERY strongly that it's unfair, because he sees it as random and UN-understandable. this happens a lot and he grows increasingly frustrated and angry.
    3: he acts out in some way that either soothes him, or simply in anger, wanting to do something to "hurt" you back, because he feels hurt by you (we've all been there)

could this be the case? maybe and maybe not. There could be a million things going on with your son. Help him!

Help him by getting him professional help, and then let them help you to understand him better, for him to understand himself better.
    For all of you to develop ways to deal with what is troubling you all.

As an example after my nephew got help and learned to understand himself and we learned to communicate with him based on how his brain works, he went from screaming nightmare to a much more calm boy. And we could tell he was really trying to understand and control his own emotions, and this at age 6.

Edit: The thing with the knife can be that he is scared of something and wanted to feel safer, or that he wants to hurt something, or just a kind of control as he isn't supposed to have it but he does, and it gives him a sense of control. I obviously do not know, but it is to be taken quite serious if he does want to hurt things. I don't want to scare you, but I would really hurry up and get him help first thing Monday.
    Last edited by Aylasita; 2012-11-11 at 06:32 PM.
    Fentooooooooooooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!