Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Farming Leoric's Signet

After watching a couple videos on the subject, and spending the last few days seeing what I could get, I decided to write up a little guide for it. Leoric's Signet is a level 14 ring that offers 20-30% bonus experience, and was made popular by the introduction of Paragon Levels. It's not as comparable to the new Hellfire crafted ring, but both together can offer a ton of experience bonus, and the Leoric's Signet still sells very well.

Hellfire Ring
    Leoric's Signet

1. Gear

First things first. Magic find, magic find, and more magic find. You don't have to worry about your dps, since you'll be farming such a low-level area. Even at Monster Power 10, nothing here will even touch you at level 60. You should have no problem coming close to the cap for gear.

Next, Movement Speed. Since everything's going to die so fast, you're going to want to mow down everything as fast as you can. Boots are obvious, find a pair with 10%. Other pieces have movement speed as well. For the sake of keeping it cheap, I recommend Hammer Jammers and Lacuni Prowlers. You can get the Legacy version of the Prowlers for cheap, or get the level 60 version for 100k or less. Another good choice for bracers is Slave Bonds. The Compass Rose comes equipped with Magic Find and Movement Speed without resorting to random chance. The Flavor of Time is an amulet with Movement Speed, but here you'll be giving up a chunk of Magic Find, and, as you see, there are plenty of other options to move faster. However, keep in mind that the max amount of Movement Speed you can obtain through gear is 25%, any excess will be wasted space.

2. Spec

Monk:

With a monk, you're not going to be using your Primary attack at all. Everything comes down to watching your targets die as they near you, and getting as much movement speed and Spirit regeneration as possible.

Fleet-Footed: 10% Movement Speed that goes over the 25% cap
    Tempest Rush: More Movement Speed that breaks the cap, also helps kill things. Use it for travel purposes. Northern Breeze reduces the channel cost, and Tailwind increases the movement speed. Both seem to be good choices.
    Mantra of Conviction: Used with Submission, this will be your main ability. Submission deals ~20% weapon damage every second to anything affected by Conviction. You will literally watch everything die.
    Chant of Resonance: Increases your Mantra duration by a large margin, allowing you to spend more time using Tempest Rush. Also gives you 2 Spirit per second.
    Exalted Soul: More Spirit regen, and increases your Spirit pool by 100

Wizard: Requires stand-still nukes unfortunately. Disintegrate seems to be the most optimal way of handling mobs

Teleport/Wormhole: Allows for quick movement
    Storm Armor/Scramble: Double effectiveness, hits nearby enemies, plus offers a movement speed bonus
    Diamond Skin/Prism: Reduces Arcane Power costs while under Diamond Skin's effect
    Critical Mass: Helps to get that Teleport cooldown back
    Evocation: Also reduces cooldowns, getting more teleports

Demon Hunter: Will work a bit like the Monk in that your damage aura will be your go-to damage

Vault/Trail of Cinders: For mobility plus extra damage on top
    Chakram/Shuriken Cloud: Has a similar effect as a monk's Submission
    Tactical Advantage: More mobility while using Vault

3. Farm Run

Change your quest to Normal difficulty, Act 2. Pick the quest, Lord of Lies, with Monster Power 10. First things first, you want to build up your Nephalem Valor stacks before you hit the farm spots. Head into the Caldeum Bazaar and go into the Flooded Causeway. The Ruined Cistern is good for 1-2 elite packs. This is a small area and should only take a minute or two to complete. Afterwards, port back to town, and take the waypoint to Black Canyon Mines. This is another small area, circular in nature, that will give you 2-3 more elite packs. Your next destination depends on how many stacks you have now. If you have four, port back to town and take the waypoint to Road to Alcarnus. Head east into Alcarnus, which is another small area with a guaranteed elite group, sometimes two. If not, head northwest from Black Canyon Mines into Stinging Winds. You can find an elite group wandering around, or multiple dungeons that can offer at least one elite group so you can head to Alcarnus. Also, since 1.0.5, Respledent Chests now give a stack of Nephalem Valor. So do Events, but you shouldn't run into any on this run.

With five stacks, you're now ready to farm. Port back to town, and take the Sewers waypoint. The Sewers is another small area, a little bigger than Ruined Cistern. Remember, you want to kill as much as you can, not just elites. With up to 500 Magic Find, anything and everything can drop legendaries. After the Sewers are clear, port back to town and take the Path to the Oasis Waypoint. This is your bulk area of farming. There are plenty of things here that can spawn. You have the two spots that spawn the Mysterious Cave (where you find Liquid Rainbow for the Staff of Herding pattern). Ancient Cave and Flooded Cave are also good caves to farm, as are Tomb of Sardar and Tomb of Khan Dakab. You can also do the Forgotten Ruins, the quest area here. There are a few rare spawns in the area as well, including one that spawns frequently,Sokhar the Keywarden, and drops gear as an elite group would, as opposed to a usual rare (meaning it guarantees a rare). All in all, the entire run should take about 30 minutes. Once you're done, head back to town and sell what you don't intend to auction (see below).

Alternate path: Use Black Canyon Mines and Howling Plateau to get your NV stacks up. The Ruined Cistern can drop the ring. Also, after Oasis, feel free to continue through the waterways and Desolate Sands, as those areas have a smaller chance, but still a chance, of dropping equivalent level items.

4. Auction House

So, you're farming this low-level area, and you're not making any money. What do you do? I suggest picking up (most) rares along the way. Some people may not need the money, and just want to blow through everything to finish the runs as fast as possible. That's fine. But don't sell these items short. With a little practice, these items can garner you plenty of gold. Of course, all the legendaries are pretty nice. Scrimshaw seems especially expensive. But what about the rares? I'm not very keen on selling items, but I'll tell you what I can.

First, shields and two-handed weapons seem almost worthless. Even with prime stats, I haven't found one yet that is worth putting up. I figure everyone dual wields, and wizards and Witch Doctors use their respective off-hands. Next, items seem better off with a primary stat on it, and high numbers at that. Granted, the percentage bonus just doesn't seem as good, when another 1% of 20 damage is, well, one damage. Weapons, helms, pants, and chest pieces need to have a socket. With the ability to put a gem into an item that doubles its stats (or more), socketed items are extremely valuable. As far as secondary stats, you can't go wrong with Magic Find and Bonus Experience. Finally, rings and amulets. I LOVE getting rings and amulets, no matter what level. They always seem to sell better than anything with less stats. Even without a socket, most can sell really well.

If you give it a go, good luck. Anyone who can provide me with good info on non-Monk (or better Monk) specs, feel free to say so here.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-08 at 07:51 AM.

Thanks dude I've been trying to figure out a good farming route for it.

Thanks man. Ill try this on my barb. I just got to level 60 today for the first time
    I've been having trouble killing in inferno.

Wow that's impressive! Great guide.

Deleted

I wish I could say this was the first bagful of crap, but it's the third. Had duplicates and triplicates of almost every possible legendary in that level range but no ring! My luck sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FdEII.jpg[IMG]

I wish I could say this was the first bagful of crap, but it's the third. Had duplicates and triplicates of almost every possible legendary in that level range but no ring! My luck sucks.
    No ring here either, and I've done it up to 40-50 times, so don't feel bad. Bu the way, that "Spear" sells for a good bit. It's got movement speed on it. Everything else you might get a couple or few hundred thousand for, so sell it all. I've seen every single one of the ones you have, except the chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good guide.
    Didn't know all these items with movement speed. So thank you for this.

For building 5 stacks, I would not go to Ruined Cistern. I've read at least 2 posts (not long ago) in the official HC forums, that people found their ring there. I personally take the waypoint to Black Canyon Mines, then head straight to Howling Plateau and look for Scirocco Cave. Enough packs in there and a resplendent chest in level 2.

For the AH section... well didn't expect that low level gear sells in softcore. In HC, the good rares I pick up in my runs sell really well.
    Perhaps one tip for making additional gold... I was lucky to find a Goldskin (chest with 100% GF), so I equip 3 items with Pickup Radius+MF for convinience.

Good luck to all the ring farmers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pere uBu View Post
    For building 5 stacks, I would not go to Ruined Cistern. I've read at least 2 posts (not long ago) in the official HC forums, that people found their ring there. I personally take the waypoint to Black Canyon Mines, then head straight to Howling Plateau and look for Scirocco Cave. Enough packs in there and a resplendent chest in level 2.
    I'll have to try this. I didn't think the Cistern could drop the ring.

On the auction house, I find myself getting 25-30k per decent rare I find, and more for legendaries. Doesn't sound like much, but it adds up, and you can get more for rings, amulets, and sometimes other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good guide but lady luck sways far away from me with MF 475 and 16 runs later still no legendary......

just to clarify no legendary at all. not even a sword or something else.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2012-10-27 at 08:10 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    <snip pic of a billion legendaries>

Would it be foolish of me to ask if all this was from one elite pack? Or is that how crazy MF can get? O_O
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    No, it was just after I'd filled my bags over several runs with the wrong legendaries. I usually get one or two per run and each run takes 10-15 mins, so the bag fills up fast. I have had two legendaries drop from the same elite group once, when I was farming with capped MF in act 3 Inferno.

Both were crap though, and that's only happened to me once in 30,000+ elite kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Would it be foolish of me to ask if all this was from one elite pack? Or is that how crazy MF can get? O_O
    No, no way.
    No, it was just after I'd filled my bags over several runs with the wrong legendaries. I usually get one or two per run and each run takes 10-15 mins, so the bag fills up fast. I have had two legendaries drop from the same elite group once, when I was farming with capped MF in act 3 Inferno.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BrzyW.jpg[IMG]

Both were crap though, and that's only happened to me once in 30,000+ elite kills.
    Wait, what? I just went three runs with nothing last night, and on average I get one every OTHER run. How the hell are you getting two per run?

Deleted
    "Luck" I guess. Although real luck would actually be getting the thing I want, the damn ring.

I'm magic find capped and run on monster power ten. My run is:

1) Vault of the Assassin for 5 stacks, port to camp
    2) Path to the Oasis, full circle clear of the lower oasis, cross the narrow middle bit, full circle clear of the upper oasis. Do Ancient Cave/Flooded Cave/Ruins, port to camp
    3) Black Canyon Mines, clear in a circle near the waypoint, go through the gate at north west, clear around the centre area, go through Khasim, clear to Alcarnus, port
    4) Desolate Sands, full clear, skip all dungeons usually, can do Vile Cavern/Burrowing Horror if there, don't do Cave of the Betrayer as it sets a new checkpoint. Quit game

Can be done very fast as a movespeed capped DH using infinite vault/strafe build. Spin to win all the way around. Takes 15 mins or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Luck" I guess. Although real luck would actually be getting the thing I want, the damn ring.

I'm magic find capped and run on monster power ten. My run is:

1) Vault of the Assassin for 5 stacks, port to camp
    2) Path to the Oasis, full circle clear of the lower oasis, cross the narrow middle bit, full circle clear of the upper oasis. Do Ancient Cave/Flooded Cave/Ruins, port to camp
    3) Black Canyon Mines, clear in a circle near the waypoint, go through the gate at north west, clear around the centre area, go through Khasim, clear to Alcarnus, port
    4) Desolate Sands, full clear, skip all dungeons usually, can do Vile Cavern/Burrowing Horror if there, don't do Cave of the Betrayer as it sets a new checkpoint. Quit game

Can be done very fast as a movespeed capped DH using infinite vault/strafe build. Spin to win all the way around. Takes 15 mins or so.
    Ok, well, you're doing a lot more than me. And yet doing it at a much faster pace. All the areas I mentioned in the OP (using Black Canyon and Howling Plateau for building stacks, thank you Pere uBu), and it still takes me about 30 minutes total. Black Canyon (and probably Desolate Sands) doesn't drop the ring. Oh, and I'm around 450 MF.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-10-28 at 07:10 PM.

I do the same run listed here on my wizard in the following spec:

Link

Most of the spec isn't actually needed it just keeps arcane power up, I find disintegrate is the fastest way to clear a room. It relies on Wormhole Teleport, Critical Mass, Evocation, Storm Armor (Scramble) and if you have the money for it an Oculus source with maximum teleport cooldown reduction. Storm Armor actually does most of the killing for me, disintegrate just clears huge groups fast. You essentially don't want to attack and just keep moving, letting the mobs trigger Scramble until you've got a huge pack of them trailing you, at which point you one shot them all with disintegrate. Just figured I'd share my build.

Deleted
    As a Demon Hunter I like to use this spec: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Vhe!beZ!cbcccc

Hungering arrow is optional as you wont be using nearly enough hatred that a hatred generator is needed. Changing it for Rain of Vengeance may be more effective.
    Chakram, Shuriken Cloud is the bread and butter skill. Run past mobs, using Vault combined with Tactical Advantage for maximum mobility, and the Shuriken Cloud takes care of everything for you.
    Wolf companion is again optional aswell as Fan of Knives. I like FoK in bigger groups of enemies and the Wolf can pick off lonely targets.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, okay thanks for clearing that up guys, I have yet to see what capped MF looks like, so I wasn't sure, but thought that looked a little extreme, for sure. lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone confirm which zones can drop the ring? I just found a legendary in Desolate Sands, and it has the same required level as the ring. The Oasis feels like shit compared to Ancient Waterways, Desolate Sands, and the rest of the zones leading up to Zoltun Kulle. Mobs are more plentiful and condensed, no running around for a minute looking for something to kill.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 09:52 PM ----------

From Ruined Cistern

I found the ring, 27% on my third run after reading this guide. However... it dropped when I only had 2 neph stacks, in Black canyon mines/khasim outpost area. From a normal chest.
    btw, for barb the spec I used and found really effective was
    Frenzy(vanguard): increases run speed
    Overpower
    Leap(call of arreat)
    Sprint(marathon)
    War Cry(charge!)

Passives: Unforgiving and Animosity

last couple options don't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you guys be so lucky jsut for the heck of it i went through normal all 4 acts with MF capped on MP10 and ive yet to see a legendary.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup