Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Touch of Chaos bug? (Staff vs Wand)

Hey guys, just had a question about something.. Not sure if its just me or if there is some kind of glitch.

Is there some kind of problem with using Touch of Chaos with a wand? It seems like when I try to spam it with a wand its not casting, although I'm getting a GCD. When I run tests on raid dummy using the LFR wand + heroic dungeon offhand my burst is around 45k during cooldowns and Touch of Chaos spam.

If I switch to my heroic dungeon blue staff and do the exact same test, I go up to around 60k.

I also notice that I drain my demonic fury a lot faster with the staff, so it seems like the wand isn't allowing me to actually use Touch of Chaos. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it a known issue? Or am I just overlooking something?

Thanks guys.

Yea, it's bugged. Currently wands trigger a gcd while in metamorphosis. Has been reported weeks ago to blizzard, but nothing is being done about it. Demo is unplayable with wands, sadly, until this gets fixed.

Awesome. Thanks for quick reply and clarification!
    Ahh well, it was just LFR wand anyways ^_^

Thanks again.

yup blizzard suck... have to get lucky on on scholomance staff drop or you cant really play demo until next raids release... ggwp blizz.

aaaah .. so THATS what it was. I thought there was something really iffy going on, but couldnt put my finger on it.
    Thanks for the heads up on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    yup blizzard suck... have to get lucky on on scholomance staff drop or you cant really play demo until next raids release... ggwp blizz.
    You can make 476 epic staff from Inscription that is BoA. Need 20 days of cooldowns and ~3h+ farming mobs on that char (if it's level 85, way easier if it's 90). Takes ages, but there is no guarantee the weapon you need will drop early on anyway (and in some cases, that they will go to you before others).

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Yea, it's bugged. Currently wands trigger a gcd while in metamorphosis. Has been reported weeks ago to blizzard, but nothing is being done about it. Demo is unplayable with wands, sadly, until this gets fixed.
    As I mentioned in the demonology thread, you lose the "melee" attack but you can avoid the GCD by making a macro as follows for your shadow bolt:
    #showtooltip Shadow Bolt
    /cast Shadow Bolt
    /stopattack
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by CDShaidar View Post
    As I mentioned in the demonology thread, you lose the "melee" attack but you can avoid the GCD by making a macro as follows for your shadow bolt:
    #showtooltip Shadow Bolt
    /cast Shadow Bolt
    /stopattack
    Thanks, will try this out! ^_^

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 08:27 PM ----------

#showtooltip Shadow Bolt
    /cast Shadow Bolt
    /stopattack
    Didn't seem to work for me =/ Guess I'll hold onto my blue staff for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Rajidon View Post
    Just figure out what ability it's starting after, if it's soul fire, add it to the end of that, same for corruption->Doom. Just SB-> ToC was enough for me not to have a GCD issue after 45 minutes on a dummy. It's possible you might need to toggle off auto attack once in your spell book and I seem to recall some option about auto attacks in the game menu somewhere. I still needed the macro after doing all the other things however.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

pretty sure that macro may reduce the amount of wand casts, but because of latency some gcd's will still be used by wand cast =/=/=/=/

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    pretty sure that macro may reduce the amount of wand casts, but because of latency some gcd's will still be used by wand cast =/=/=/=/
    That macro prevents your auto attack from starting, it's what rogues and shit have used for years in PvP etc. As long as you aren't spamming right click on your target, it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajidon View Post
    Thanks, will try this out! ^_^

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 08:27 PM ----------

Currently, its better to use 463 over the wand from mv. I went outta my way to farm up so many spirits of harmony to make myself the inscription boa staff, simply because I do not get an upgrade till terrance or the spirit dagger from heart (which goes to the spriest, and healing sham before me), or I get the heroic wand, which is then an upgrade, barely (as melee is actually a good portion of dmg).

Honestly, I thought blizzard would have fix this bug by now. It been in since early days of beta, and has yet to be fixed. But as is, I am attempting to not use this wand. (only going to use it as affliction, and only on will) Currently found that demo (for me) is better than affliction. I do not like having to not be hit capped, and gemmed completely into mastery in order for it to be better than demo. If it was simple reforges, then I would use affliction more often (on spirit, and elegon) but as is, nope.

But to tell ya, go with a wand if ur destro or affliction, if you are demo, stay clear of wands. And will someone with a twitter account, go ask greg what is the hold up on this? or ask if they can do a hot fix to make wands into daggers/swords. -.- kinda breaks demo.

Another funny bug related to demonlogy on Elagaon HC, imps and doomguard dont attack boss this kills demo dps on that boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Another funny bug related to demonlogy on Elagaon HC, imps and doomguard dont attack boss this kills demo dps on that boss.
    Yes found this out also, was so far behind aff/destro had to switch, I hope they fix this soon, as there is not 1 parse as demo on this fight yet, becasue of the imps/minions issue

i hate this even more because i'm an orc warlock so having a wand gives me hit rating (at least for the time being) so not using one as demo hurts me extra hard >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    well Shit =.= ima be stuck going affliction for heroic huh. Does blizz really want us just to be affliction to raid? frack em =.=

#showtooltip Shadow Bolt
    /cast Shadow Bolt
    /stopattack
    Well this worked for me...not a single "shoot" from wand is showing on recount.
    But what is the "melee" attack you are talking about ? And does it cost us damage ?
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Quote Originally Posted by Gootgot View Post
    Well this worked for me...not a single "shoot" from wand is showing on recount.
    But what is the "melee" attack you are talking about ? And does it cost us damage ?
    While you are in meta (or DA for that matter) there is an auto attack that is called "melee" that is always shooting shadow bolts at your target. You can observe this effect by just right clicking on a target dummy w/o a wand equipped. This ability is bugged with a wand equipped and is the reason we have all the issues with "shoot" trying to be cast. Losing out on this ability costs us at most 2-4% of our damage so if a wand you have is more of an upgrade that what you lose from not casting "melee" with your other weapon you should upgrade.
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/505/W...emonology_T14H you can see the % of demo's dps contributed by the ability there in our sim results.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    You can make 476 epic staff from Inscription that is BoA. Need 20 days of cooldowns and ~3h+ farming mobs on that char (if it's level 85, way easier if it's 90). Takes ages, but there is no guarantee the weapon you need will drop early on anyway (and in some cases, that they will go to you before others).
    There's also a quest in Jade FOrest to make an extra scroll, think it's weekly? Requires a ridiculous amount of SoH though.

While you are in meta (or DA for that matter) there is an auto attack that is called "melee" that is always shooting shadow bolts at your target. You can observe this effect by just right clicking on a target dummy w/o a wand equipped. This ability is bugged with a wand equipped and is the reason we have all the issues with "shoot" trying to be cast. Losing out on this ability costs us at most 2-4% of our damage so if a wand you have is more of an upgrade that what you lose from not casting "melee" with your other weapon you should upgrade.
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/505/W...emonology_T14H you can see the % of demo's dps contributed by the ability there in our sim results.
    I see....well thats really sad :/
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."