Need help with aoe healing as a mistweaver

hello guys:

I decided to change to monk as my main (used to be a resto druid in cata) and I've been having a pretty good time, currently 6/6 on mogu'shan vaults and starting heroics this week.

The problem that i'm runing is that i feel i'm not doing enough healing in my monk, been checking guides and WOL but can't seen to figure it out.

The problem is mainly aoe healing and chi generation. What should i do when aoe healing? is it only Renewing mist on cd and uplift or chi burst? or should i use SCk? do i need to be jabing all the time to get more chi?

also i know that as healers we don't use rotations per se, but, is there something similar as a rotation for aoe healing?

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by esued View Post
    hello guys:

I decided to change to monk as my main (used to be a resto druid in cata) and I've been having a pretty good time, currently 6/6 on mogu'shan vaults and starting heroics this week.

The problem that i'm runing is that i feel i'm not doing enough healing in my monk, been checking guides and WOL but can't seen to figure it out.

The problem is mainly aoe healing and chi generation. What should i do when aoe healing? is it only Renewing mist on cd and uplift or chi burst? or should i use SCk? do i need to be jabing all the time to get more chi?

also i know that as healers we don't use rotations per se, but, is there something similar as a rotation for aoe healing?

Thanks in advance
    Raid Stacked, damage even for everyone: Renewing Mists on CD, SCK, Chi Burst, Thunder Tea, when Renewing on 10+ targets Uplift
    Raid Stacked, damage not even: Renewing Mists on CD, SCK, Uplift
    Raid Spread Out: Renewing Mists on CD, SCK if you can hit 3 targets(almost always), Uplift
    alternative: Renewing on CD, Jab x 2, Uplift

You have more then 1 way to AoE as mistweaver, deciding which one to use on specific encounter is 80% success.

Basically everything Brenx said. Just make sure ReM is cast on cooldown. Also, use Expel Harm on cooldown as well, as it's cheaper than Jab, and it gives you a self heal, and gives you a Chi. You didn't mention your raid size, but for 10 man, keeping the entire raid blanketed is easy, provided you are keeping ReM on constant cooldown, and always casting on someone who doesn't have it/just about to drop. For 25 man, you should always have it on around 10 people, and if you Thunder Focus right as one is about to drop, and it's on 10 people, you can get up to 18 people with ReM on them before they start to fade.

Make sure you are using a buff tracker like Weak Auras to track the time left on the shortest duration ReM, that way you can TFT just as it's about to fade to get maximum efficiency spreading ReM in a 25.

Lastly, when SCK healing, make sure you stop in between spins to drink a mana tea!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenx View Post
    Raid Stacked, damage even for everyone: Renewing Mists on CD, SCK, Chi Burst, Thunder Tea, when Renewing on 10+ targets Uplift
    Raid Stacked, damage not even: Renewing Mists on CD, SCK, Uplift
    Raid Spread Out: Renewing Mists on CD, SCK if you can hit 3 targets(almost always), Uplift
    alternative: Renewing on CD, Jab x 2, Uplift

You have more then 1 way to AoE as mistweaver, deciding which one to use on specific encounter is 80% success.
    if u have troubles with chi i wuld recommend his alternative healing rotation by jabbing+(expel harm if u really want chi fast) generates alot of chi fast

Quote Originally Posted by helixjinchuriki View Post
    if u have troubles with chi i wuld recommend his alternative healing rotation by jabbing+(expel harm if u really want chi fast) generates alot of chi fast
    Someone didn't read the next post! :P

Deleted
    I've been using Chi tornado in LFR with quite a bit of success. It does require people to be stacked before it's realy effective, and you need to get used to moving around a lot aswell. I consider it worth it, especially since it's completely free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisu View Post
    I've been using Chi tornado in LFR with quite a bit of success. It does require people to be stacked before it's realy effective, and you need to get used to moving around a lot aswell. I consider it worth it, especially since it's completely free.
    You're right. I personally feel that chi tornado is the best choice for hps as you say, 0 cost - use it when everything else is on cd and its the perfect filler in your rotation :-)

Also with the chi torpedo if too much movement is detrimental you can jump roll. It shortens the length of the roll by quite a bit it just gets some taking used to. I personally use Xuen as my 90 talent almost exclusively. The eminence healing he puts our is very nice and since its a smart heal its good for picking up those who are low.

As for AoE healing in general the other posters are right. My guild killed Garalon last night with me jab, jab, uplifting to 85k hps. It was comical how easy the healing was once the kite was down.
    Last edited by jeks1987; 2012-11-01 at 03:33 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    If it helps anyone for garalon - I did 145709 hps which was rank 1 by nearly 7k on 25man. I didn't jab at all but followed the melee round and used uplift SCK and chi torpedo as a filler. I was never chi drained with that (and expel harm on cd). I'm not on the logs ranking table cos our logs are private but I have a nice screenshot hehe.

Anyway that's how I aoe heal for that fight if it helps anyone - garalon is gonna hold up some guilds I think so hopefully it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Heri View Post
    If it helps anyone for garalon - I did 145709 hps which was rank 1 by nearly 7k on 25man. I didn't jab at all but followed the melee round and used uplift SCK and chi torpedo as a filler. I was never chi drained with that (and expel harm on cd). I'm not on the logs ranking table cos our logs are private but I have a nice screenshot hehe.

Anyway that's how I aoe heal for that fight if it helps anyone - garalon is gonna hold up some guilds I think so hopefully it does.
    Beat my kill by 10k~, my best attempt was 155k with jab/uplift but the DPS couldnt kill the boss in time Lol.
    How much spirit are you running, since when I was using SCK it just drained my mana faster by using it constantly.
    Also, are you healing with another monk?
    I dropped chi torpedo for Xuen because there were a few times where chi torpedo almost put me in the purple circle and I was like "Hmmmmm no."

Deleted
    No, I'm the only monk. I used SCK as last prio after RM, uplift and chi torpedo. I know what you mean, the gaps between purple and the wall are sometimes very tight to roll through but if you're careful it's completely fine. I don;t think I triggered one

I'm 3rd now anyways but yeah It's a pain in the ass when you are doing awesome and then some nab wipes the raid :P

Deleted
    Here seems to be as good a place as any, 10man garalon as a mistweaver anyone ?? go Somehow couldn't get above 60khps, and seeing the logs and people on 100k +

I was thinking of reforging to crit, getting my raid to stack up more, and jab jab, Rem/uplift, somehow finding the best place to stand for jab, as I was running around like a crazy last night trying to find something to hit. Whole boss felt like chaos, but then again we only had 3-4 tries on him before we had to end for the night

Quote Originally Posted by Solishe View Post
    Here seems to be as good a place as any, 10man garalon as a mistweaver anyone ?? go Somehow couldn't get above 60khps, and seeing the logs and people on 100k +

I was thinking of reforging to crit, getting my raid to stack up more, and jab jab, Rem/uplift, somehow finding the best place to stand for jab, as I was running around like a crazy last night trying to find something to hit. Whole boss felt like chaos, but then again we only had 3-4 tries on him before we had to end for the night
    You dont need to move at all, and should be able to get 100khps just by standing still and jabx2/uplift with RnM etc. A lot of that comes to whether youre 2 or 3 healing, but healers dont need to move all too much.

With the right strat I dont think melee has to move all to much either, but mine was all over the place and I didnt know they were stacking (came in after an econ test on 16th pull, had 2 stupid mistakes from people then got the kill, so I didn't have much time to practice or improve), MW HPS is just insane on that fight either way, with RnM and Uplift on half the raid (or the entire raid in 10m) and constant raid damage, its like having no overheal.

So am I the only one who likes the Uplift Glyph for some fights? Feng for example I use my Chi on Chi Burst since we're all stacked, roll Renewing Mists on everyone and whenever AoE healing is too high for Chi Burst I just Uplift a few times. (Garalon is lolz for easy HPS though).

We raid 10-man though and I found Spinning Crane Kick is my last priority in AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by TommiTMX View Post
    So am I the only one who likes the Uplift Glyph for some fights? Feng for example I use my Chi on Chi Burst since we're all stacked, roll Renewing Mists on everyone and whenever AoE healing is too high for Chi Burst I just Uplift a few times. (Garalon is lolz for easy HPS though).

We raid 10-man though and I found Spinning Crane Kick is my last priority in AoE.
    I like the glyph but find it situational only for fights where you need quick sequences of aoe healing but it kills mana like a b, right now i find myself with a good amount of chi and plus it gives you more mana indirectly with brew