Brewmaster in need of help

In our raids our dk is taking way less damage then me like 3 million damage difference on some fights. I dont know if its that way im gemmed , spec , playstyle ect. So i thought u would through to the forums to see if u guys and gales can help fix my brewmaster.

My brewmasters name is Thugmuffins our dk is called Gisele
    thanks again <3

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 11:50 PM ----------

Logs.
    Feng 25m 3rd kill log:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=633&e=1151

Gara 25m second kill log:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2459&e=2816

Best try at Elegon 25m:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7014&e=7605

Armory Link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ffins/advanced
    Last edited by Thugmuffinz; 2012-10-29 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Spell Checking

Logs seem fine for Feng and Gara, as expected you took quite less melee damage compared to the DK, although things change dramatically in that Elegon try you linked. First thing I noticed (and seems like the pattern repeats in the other encounters too), the log reports only 6 Guard casts for the Elegon fight, which is extremely low considering an almost 10 min fight, so in theory and considering you are not glyphing Guard for magic damage only, that number should be at least doubled if not tripled (i.e. using Guard on CD), that alone should net you another 2 million damage absorbed at the least.

Also your Shuffle uptime seems a little bit low (in Feng it goes all the way down to 70%), so you might want to check that out, as well as the Elusive Brew uptime (less than 1 cast per min avg. in Elegon).

Other things I can point out at least on the Elegon fight (which seems to be the one causing you problems at the moment):

- There was some bad RNG on your side considering you only managed to parry 18% of the melee attacks against you.
    - I see a lot of "friendly fire" damage reported on yourself, accounting for over 2.8 million damage.

Thanks for the feed back .So i need to work on suffle uptime and elusive brew tho i have a question in regarding that ive noticed alot of the time i dont get my auto attack crtis so i can go lke 10+ seconds without getting a charge should i go ahead and cast it and whats it at or wait for 9 for elusive brew also for Elegon what do u mean by friendly fire. thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Bysu View Post
    Logs seem fine for Feng and Gara, as expected you took quite less melee damage compared to the DK, although things change dramatically in that Elegon try you linked. First thing I noticed (and seems like the pattern repeats in the other encounters too), the log reports only 6 Guard casts for the Elegon fight, which is extremely low considering an almost 10 min fight, so in theory and considering you are not glyphing Guard for magic damage only, that number should be at least doubled if not tripled (i.e. using Guard on CD), that alone should net you another 2 million damage absorbed at the least.

Also your Shuffle uptime seems a little bit low (in Feng it goes all the way down to 70%), so you might want to check that out, as well as the Elusive Brew uptime (less than 1 cast per min avg. in Elegon).

Other things I can point out at least on the Elegon fight (which seems to be the one causing you problems at the moment):

- There was some bad RNG on your side considering you only managed to parry 18% of the melee attacks against you.
    - I see a lot of "friendly fire" damage reported on yourself, accounting for over 2.8 million damage.
    Afaik WoL counts stagger as friendly fire too

Casting Elusive Brew at anything lower than 5 charges is a waste, since it would stay up for just one typical boss melee attack, but 10+ seconds without getting a single charge is a little bit odd, possibly more related to the fact that you're using a 2H weapon, but if you think you are handling the charges just fine there isn't much to do about it (i.e. not letting them go to waste and drop during a bad streak). You should really work on your Guard uptime tho, and Shuffle uptime too if possible (usually it should be well over 80%).

Also in terms of self healing (it's not gonna reduce your damage intake but it's worth to point out) I can't help but notice that you only used Expel Harm 5 times in the whole fight which is really low, and you also only took healing from 4 Gift of the Ox orbs throughout the encounter (again, insanely low).

As for the friendly fire I mentioned, you can see it on the main log page, listed under raid damage taken, you are listed for almost 3.7 million damage (and when you look at your personal source of damage income you can see yourself listed for about 2.9 million). I'm not sure where this comes from, and perhaps is just redirected damage from Avert Harm, but even in that case it will add up to your damage taken.

Finally, I have no way to check on your Purifying Brew usage, but you only seemed to hit high levels of Stagger once which is fine, but you may want to consider using it even during Moderate levels if that doesn't mess up with your Shuffle uptime, remember that whatever you get to cleanse is always less damage taken in the end. Most people don't give it much thought, but moderate Stagger is already between 3 and 6% of your health been drained every second, so we are talking about 140-250k damage if you sum all 10 seconds, which is a lot of avoidable damage for just 1 chi spent.

Edit: indeed like the previous poster mentioned, the "friendly fire" numbers seem to match the damage taken from stagger.