Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Your right. Alliance win the Horde civil war.

I think Zhu is mostly a bit more civil to Alliance because Rell wasn't as much of an ass as Nazgrim was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Agreed, we also have to consider that the Alliance could very well retake a lot of lost territory before the Horde rebellion gets kicked into high gear. I see a lot of people who seem to work under the assumption that the Siege of Orgrimmar will be the only significant battle, which won't necessarily be the case.
    its pretty much already started, and even if not reflected ingame, it does in other parts of the lore. Jaina and her 'culling' (hello Arthas) of the sunreavers from the kirin tor and making dalaran into an alliance only city once more, along with Rhonin's bitch wife.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, we also have to consider that the Alliance could very well retake a lot of lost territory before the Horde rebellion gets kicked into high gear. I see a lot of people who seem to work under the assumption that the Siege of Orgrimmar will be the only significant battle, which won't necessarily be the case.
    do you really see Blizzard making changes to old content? Especially after Cata?
    Even if it was old content made for current lvl 90s, a lot of people will have qualms with doing "re-hashed" stuff

You also have to remember that a lot of the "losses" the Alliance suffered was due to balancing out the pre-existing zone imbalance between red and blue

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 02:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I think Zhu is mostly a bit more civil to Alliance because Rell wasn't as much of an ass as Nazgrim was.
    Well Orcs are supposed to be more savage and agressive than a wimpy elf.
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-10-29 at 02:16 AM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Yeah I don't think we can really count the Alliance killing or terminating Garrosh as a victory. Pretty much everyone in the Horde wants Garrosh dead anyway. Heck, the Horde aught to be thanking us.

Same thing happened in Undercity.

I see a pattern arising.

Horde can't keep their act together, so the Alliance comes in and cleans up their messes for them. When will the alliance learn, if we just sat back and did nothing the Horde would rip itself apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orso View Post
    Horde can't keep their act together, so the Alliance comes in and cleans up their messes for them. When will the alliance learn, if we just sat back and did nothing the Horde would rip itself apart.
    That's pretty much always been the case with Warcraft, Orcs making bad decisions which leads to events that eventually cause conflict with the Alliance. It's the same logic Jaina has started using.

Deleted
    Thing is its just the orcs, not the rest of the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    do you really see Blizzard making changes to old content? Especially after Cata?
    Even if it was old content made for current lvl 90s, a lot of people will have qualms with doing "re-hashed" stuff
    It probably would be for current level 90 characters and in the form of quest events and/or scenarios.

Some people will have qualms no matter what Blizzard does. As long as new content is released alongside enough completely new things built from the ground up, then the complaints will be minimal. Back in patch 4.2 for example I do not recall a single person complaining that the first segment of the firelands daily hub was "rehashed", even though it technically was. The only real complaint on the subject was that you had to finish about 2/3 of the regular Hyjal zone to unlock it.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Not gonna happen. Realistically if you look at the RP info concerning the horde and their population vs. the Alliance population the entire might of Orgrimmar wouldn't be able to take Theramore let alone beat the alliance, but this is Blizzard we are talking about.

So what will likely happen is, we will go into Orgrimmar watch Garrosh get killed by Vol jin, then go home with our tails tucked between our legs.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It probably would be for current level 90 characters and in the form of quest events and/or scenarios.
    Are you talking about lvl 90 content for current zones? Like Ashevele and Barrens and whatever?

Cause I remember some dude asking that at some Blizzcon, and at that time they said it wsnt on the tables. But it was some time ago so who knows.
    But to me, I really doubt it. Most of the stuff that happens seems like it was mostly take place in Pandaria, with the exception of Seiege of Org.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 08:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    So what will likely happen is, we will go into Orgrimmar watch Garrosh get killed by Vol jin, then go home with our tails tucked between our legs.
    Or Varian will be all, "Lets be the bigger man and not totally wipe out our enemies"

Then we all go home and wait patiently for the next world-altering disaster to stir up trouble between the factions.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Are you talking about lvl 90 content for current zones? Like Ashevele and Barrens and whatever?

Cause I remember some dude asking that at some Blizzcon, and at that time they said it wsnt on the tables. But it was some time ago so who knows.
    But to me, I really doubt it. Most of the stuff that happens seems like it was mostly take place in Pandaria, with the exception of Seiege of Org.
    That was my impression too. We know the next part is going to take place in Krasarang Wilds. Which will be a series of PvP quests that don't actually require you to PvP at all.

10+ Year Old Account

[/COLOR]
    Well Orcs are supposed to be more savage and agressive than a wimpy elf.

"These women [nightelves] fight with unmatched savagery! I've never seen their equal. They are... perfect warriors."
    —Grom Hellscream

I'm sorry... what was that, Dreknar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    "These women [nightelves] fight with unmatched savagery! I've never seen their equal. They are... perfect warriors."
    —Grom Hellscream

Game, set and match ^^

If Grom says it, are you going to actually try and argue that Draknar?

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Thing is its just the orcs, not the rest of the horde.
    Its not even all orcs. A portion of orcs are following Garrosh, well some don't and even wish for peace to raise families and grow crops.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    —Grom Hellscream

well apprantly they werent savage enough and perfect enough to stop the Warsong Clan to gather 15k lumber

10+ Year Old Account
    well apprantly they werent savage enough and perfect enough to stop the Warsong Clan to gather 15k lumber
    oh dear lord you actually tried to argue against it, Groms own words..
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh dear lord you actually tried to argue against it, Groms own words..
    What exactly is the argument even about? Gameplay lol?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasklk View Post
    Please keep in mind that the "horde" that was during war 1-2 is not the same "horde" that is in this war.
    The same is true for the Alliance.

The alliance that fought the second war was a vastly different entity to today's, it was mostly run by Lorderon and has been rudderless since its defeat.
    Now things have changed, Stormwind is in charge, Night Elves, Worgen and Draenei are members while the high elves (now blood elves) have largely left.

The present alliance and Horde only fight because of the old grudges and racism.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    The present alliance and Horde only fight because of the old grudges and racism.
    Interesting part from WoWInsider

Why do we fight? Because both sides are after the same thing: a safe place to call home, a place where families can be raised, where futures can be bright. A place with plenty of resources for all, a place of peace where we can at last lay down our weapons and stop fighting, because we've found that utopia that supposedly exists at the end of all conflict. But there's something that stands in the way of that beautiful future, and it's the other side. Neither will give in until the other is eradicated.

Why do we fight? Because in the end, we're convinced that we are right, and the other side is wrong. Yet if both sides fight for the same cause, then the question we should be asking ourselves is indeed the question so elegantly posed by Chen Stormstout.

What are we fighting for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    The majority of Orcs have always and still support Garrosh.
    And how do you know that this will still be the case in the final patch of MOP? There's a lot that's going to happen in between now and then, and I imagine a lot of the upcoming Horde story will be about support for Garrosh beginning to evaporate, as evidence of his tyrannical nature becomes to overwhelming to refute. Given that the Forsaken, Blood Elves, Tauren, Trolls and Goblins do not like / openly hate Garrosh now, it can be safely assumed that it'll be Garrosh's support from the orcs that dwindles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pictux View Post
    And how do you know that this will still be the case in the final patch of MOP? There's a lot that's going to happen in between now and then, and I imagine a lot of the upcoming Horde story will be about support for Garrosh beginning to evaporate, as evidence of his tyrannical nature becomes to overwhelming to refute. Given that the Forsaken, Blood Elves, Tauren, Trolls and Goblins do not like / openly hate Garrosh now, it can be safely assumed that it'll be Garrosh's support from the orcs that dwindles.
    true. and it was always true that only the Younger warriors would fully support garrosh. The older members of the orc's had always have doubts

No Tusk Club.