Thread: Galleon...

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Galleon...

So, this is how the rumbling Terrace looks on my server on days where people are "pretty certain" Galleon will spawn... Is it like this on other servers too?

(Dunno how good the pic shows it, but there's about 8 full raidgrps).

"I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

Wow, good thing you can share tags or there'd be a lot of angry people

Well let's just say Galleon was not designed for people that have a job. He almost always gets killed early in the morning or late night on my realm, so i am not realy sure why blizzard said they would never do something like Sunwell again. By that i mean a piece of content that only >1% of the players got to experience.
    It might be easy as pie, but that should not go to say that its not worth experiencing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. I've seen it once, and that was by pure luck. Fortunately the groups shared tags, but this is probably the most frustrating world boss I've seen yet. I know they want it to be rarer compared to Sha. I've sort of given up thinking I'll see it again for gear relevant to this tier.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    Well let's just say Galleon was not designed for people that have a job. He almost always gets killed early in the morning or late night on my realm, so i am not realy sure why blizzard said they would never do something like Sunwell again. By that i mean a piece of content that only >1% of the players got to experience.
    It might be easy as pie, but that should not go to say that its not worth experiencing.
    Its not really content though, its 1 boss with terrible abilities with a non unique model. Took them maybe 1 day to create if they were taking it easy and 1 guy on the job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Galleon so far that I know on my server has only spawned once. Though I have have not checked him the whole time but I check him regularly when not sleeping or at work. His respawn timer is bad. While Sha of Anger spawns like every 10 minutes...And 8 full raid groups?You are going to have to fight for the spawn?That would be so fun....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    I'd like to comment saying that this is the same (or the opposite) on my server, but I've yet to actually see him since the launch week. I totally understand the point in the boss, but it's a shame that it feels I'll never get to kill him unless I'm REALLY lucky. Like you said, he's dead either early in the morning, or very late at night!

ya theres usually about 2-3 full 40 man horde raids when he spawns and 1 40 man ally raid always trying to kill it. i feel bad for alliance sometimes because just when it seems like they are gonna get the kill, 2-3 horde raids fill up and wipe them and take the kill while they were at 20% left on the boss lol.

spawned 4am this morning while i was sleeping. FUCK
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

It's been like this on Mal'Ganis for the past few days. Galleon hasn't respawned since killed on Tuesday after maintenance.

Yes, this is exactly how it is on Blackrock

my character is logged there right now ready to go

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    Wow, good thing you can share tags or there'd be a lot of angry people

Yeah, its nice to see Bliz's idea of a challenging world boss that only the best guilds will do is working out well......oh wait a sec......

I've played nearly every day since MOP launch and I haven't gotten a single Galleon kill yet. He is NEVER up on my server. He spawns and he's down within fifteen minutes.

Should have seen Illidan last night, it was ridiculous. The server crashed when he spawned and couldn't log in for like 25min after.

This is Ravencrest EU right now:

http://i.imgur.com/822Bj.jpg

..... Now back to watching The Sopranos
    Last edited by Nelle; 2012-10-27 at 08:36 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Sargeras-US has 8 full raid groups camping him right now, with tag sharing set up in a channel. He's going to melt within less than a minute of spawning because downies nuke him regardless of having the tag or not.

Also, it's been 101 hours since his last spawn now. Pretty fucking great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was there on US Sarg last night, wasted 3 hours waiting for him, never camping him again unless I am alt tabbed and doing VERY unimportant homework. Screw Galleon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

These lil' guys are the only ones camping Galleon on my server.

Its a genius idea. Spend two years making content with the philosophy that everyone should be able to see and kill it. Then create an OPTIONAL world boss, make it rare so not everyone will see it the first month, and watch the reactions.

i'm yet to see him alive on Aggra

Deleted
    I guess there's some small benefits of being on a dead server.
    I go there like 8 times a day to check him. I've never seen more than 3 people camp.