View Poll Results: warrior need more nerf?

Voters
345. This poll is closed
  • yes

179 51.88%
  • no

166 48.12%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by guff View Post
    I got charged by a warrior when I came off the graveyard in WSG. He charged in and did shockwave->HS->melee->MS->HS->CS->execute (377k overkill) before the stun ran out. All this while being immune to CC (luckily that is being changed!), and me being in a stun for the duration. I only have 5.5k Resi, but still.... No other class can do anything near that with all CDs popped, except maybe hunters who also need a serious check-up.
    That is literally impossible in the 4 seconds that shockwav stuns.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Yes, They need pvp nerfs.

To anyone who doesn't think so, Would you rather every other class get buffed to be as strong as warriors?
    Tell me more about how underpowered mages,hunters,monk healers,blood dk's are...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    They already nerfed a few things. I don't play a warrior but I think there has to be a melee to scare the casters. That's why rogues need a little buff too.
    dk's scare casters as a belf i got 3 silences and i can use ms or dark simliracom

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    My guess is that rogues don't even need buffs if they tone down warriors and mages.

It happens often enough that when Blizzard buffs the weak class that gets countered hard by a strong class while simultaneous nerfing the strong class that the old weak class becomes to strong.

And just reading arena junkies and I get the impression that the top players actually expected or approve of these changes.
    I definitely agree. A lot of the complaints of imbalance in wow are related to perception more than actual imbalance. So often people get beaten by a more skilled player or are defeated in a situation where the fight isnt fair to begin with and the perception in those cases is either that the class they were fighting is over powered or that their own class is underpowered. While the are some things that are a bit overtuned (possibly warrior/bm burst), much of the time is just a matter of knowing how to deal with it and recognizing when the perceived imbalance is circumstantial.
    Last edited by Mulderfox; 2012-10-28 at 02:20 PM.

I've played warrior since I started in 2005, I shelfed my warrior for most of wotlk and cata cuz of how boring the class has been and it has been overnerfed to the point that the class is useless a few times. Only thing that needs a nerf is gag order glyph (it should NOT include pummel as a blanket silence, thats retarded althought I obviously love having it :P) and I shouldnt be able to use reck and banner at the same time, and the avatar change, well we should be able to get rooted, otherwise the class is just fine atm, havent enjoyed and loved my warrior this much for many years.

Deleted
    Nerf? No
    Shifting Balance away from burst into reliable sustained pressureworthy damage output outside of recklessness, avatar, skull banner, berserker rage, trinket, racial? yes

After the last nerfs, definitely NO.
    Warriors are no longer OP class. Gag order and Avatar nerf almost destroyed them in PvP.
    Anyway, that nerfs was in the wrong way. Warriors still can global people but without CD's any warrior is feeling just underpowered (not talking about that morons who come with their alts). I Hope that blizzard is already planing some sustained damage buffs and nerfs in burst. Also some CC is really needed, since healers can heal with 100k instants (give silence on heroic throw back)...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    You're wrong.
    You're wrong.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    You're wrong.
    So you're saying that in season 11 warriors were fine.
    So you're going against what all the high rated (and even not high) PvP community said.
    No, sir. You're wrong.
    Not because I say it. Because everyone who plays this game to a good level does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol

It's funny how some PVPers argue.

X said this and X has imba rating blah blah blah blah. In other circles it'd be recognised for what it is: an appeal to supposed authority. Also funny when people argue and both put their ratings on the table and wave them around. Like it matters if you can't actually give reasons as to why certain features made the class OP/UP and in what context. Saying "you're wrong" to your "you're wrong" is about as much as an argument as you gave. Sadly few PVPers can advance from these stupid empty-headed arguments and actually articulate themselves properly.

You seem to be engaged in a state of self-pity.

I guess I don't see what Cata PVP balance has to do with MoP PVP balance.

You just feel it in dem bones of yours!

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 10:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    Nerf? No
    Shifting Balance away from burst into reliable sustained pressureworthy damage output outside of recklessness, avatar, skull banner, berserker rage, trinket, racial? yes
    All that would be by definition a nerf.

Both mages and warriors will be scaled down because they have pretty similar issues. Too much burst capacity centered around CDs. I think Blizzard failed to address this issue with mages, which is a bit revealing since they knew it was one for a long time now. Especially with frost. Dunno what was going through their skulls when they gave every spec shatter.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2012-10-28 at 10:07 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Lol

It's funny how some PVPers argue.

X said this and X has imba rating blah blah blah blah. In other circles it'd be recognised for what it is: an appeal to supposed authority. Also funny when people argue and both put their ratings on the table and wave them around. Like it matters if you can't actually give reasons as to why certain features made the class OP/UP and in what context. Saying "you're wrong" to your "you're wrong" is about as much as an argument as you gave. Sadly few PVPers can advance from these stupid empty-headed arguments and actually articulate themselves properly.

You seem to be engaged in a state of self-pity.

I guess I don't see what Cata PVP balance has to do with MoP PVP balance.

You just feel it in dem bones of yours!
    So, how was i supposed to say him that he was wrong?
    Linking some stats from the last season representation? Everyone knows that stuff, warriors were bottom line.

That said, I'm not a fanboy of "X", like you said, I just PvP a lot since vanilla (and not only with my warrior), and I can easily recognize when a class is "broken" or not.

And no, I'm not in a state of self-pity at all my dear, warriors right now are OP and I said that a lot of times.

I wasn't the one who brought to the table Cata PvP balance, I was just saying that Warriors during s11 were not FINE (atleast not over 2k rating).

If you cannot understand it, it's clearly because you didn't play one.

Deleted
    Is it extremely RNG luck for a warrior to crit someone in full pvp gear 100k every instant attack until you die 3 seconds after?

Deleted
    This poll is retarded. Yes warriors and (many other classes) need burst damage nerf but a buff to sustained damage is also needed.

It's been several seasons since warriors were even viable. It's about time we're actually feared when we get within range of you... we're warriors and you should be running away from us...

Quote Originally Posted by tawoko View Post
    It's been several seasons since warriors were even viable. It's about time we're actually feared when we get within range of you... we're warriors and you should be running away from us...
    Good point but you still need to be nurfed, no question about it..

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 07:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dsm View Post
    This poll is retarded. Yes warriors and (many other classes) need burst damage nerf but a buff to sustained damage is also needed.
    another great point! My rets burst is unreal but sustained is weak as fuck and Ive heard warriors are in the same boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    This is all I see in this thread besides the warrior hate: "WOW SEE? THAT GRAPH SHOWS HOW OP MAGES ARE." Meanwhile coming from a 1350 rated person...

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    So, how was i supposed to say him that he was wrong?
    Linking some stats from the last season representation? Everyone knows that stuff, warriors were bottom line.

That said, I'm not a fanboy of "X", like you said, I just PvP a lot since vanilla (and not only with my warrior), and I can easily recognize when a class is "broken" or not.

And no, I'm not in a state of self-pity at all my dear, warriors right now are OP and I said that a lot of times.

I wasn't the one who brought to the table Cata PvP balance, I was just saying that Warriors during s11 were not FINE (atleast not over 2k rating).

If you cannot understand it, it's clearly because you didn't play one.
    Oh yes might Warrior god. You know all, so we must follow your reign! Hail Gatsu!
    Last edited by Klutzington; 2012-10-30 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    another great point! My rets burst is unreal but sustained is weak as fuck and Ive heard warriors are in the same boat.
    Nope. You can actually evade a ret if you're lucky. A warrior you cannot. Plus, a warrior can completely stop you from casting. Period. Or could, before they will get toned down in 5.1.

Deleted
    They are actually being nerfed.

Deleted
    Still hoping for a cooldown increase on shockwave (30 or 45 sec), and a 1 min or 90 second cd on beserker rage.
    Beserker rage is basically a forgotten gimmick that warriors (tanks) needed in Vanilla wow back when bosses could fear. This is 4 expansions later where the only class specific fear breakers that exist are Lichborne (2min and used as a defensive cd, not a fearbreaker), tremor totem (1 minute cd), and fear ward (changed from 30 seconds to 3 minutes when season 3 arrived back in Tbc).

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Beserker rage is basically a forgotten gimmick that warriors (tanks) needed in Vanilla wow back when bosses could fear. This is 4 expansions later where the only class specific fear breakers that exist are Lichborne (2min and used as a defensive cd, not a fearbreaker), tremor totem (1 minute cd), and fear ward (changed from 30 seconds to 3 minutes when season 3 arrived back in Tbc).
    Fury is extremely reliant on bers rage in pve.

Although i wouldn't mind a cc immunity cooldown like dk's or blessing of freedom/form switch immunity like retlols and druids have.