Deleted

Learning the basics of shadow pvp?

Hey guys

Just hit 90 on my priest and want to get into shadow pvp (2v2 arena and BGs)

I dont have a clue what im doing of the methodology behind it.

Are there an vids, guides or info you guys can provide to me to help me get the hang of the class?

At the moment i just SW:Pain, Vamp Touch, Mind Blast on CD, Dev Plague on x3 orbs, mind flay as filller when dots are up. (when do i mind spike as surley i dont want to remove my dots?)

Then the other abilities are all situational i guess but dont really get which ones i should be using and when...

Does that rotation sound right for BG's? im going to put some practice in and hopefully ill work it all out soon!

I normally play a destro warlock but as they cant deal with anything now days im looking to swap to my priest!

Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    Hey guys

Just hit 90 on my priest and want to get into shadow pvp (2v2 arena and BGs)

I dont have a clue what im doing of the methodology behind it.

Are there an vids, guides or info you guys can provide to me to help me get the hang of the class?

At the moment i just SW:Pain, Vamp Touch, Mind Blast on CD, Dev Plague on x3 orbs, mind flay as filller when dots are up. (when do i mind spike as surley i dont want to remove my dots?)

Then the other abilities are all situational i guess but dont really get which ones i should be using and when...

Does that rotation sound right for BG's? im going to put some practice in and hopefully ill work it all out soon!

I normally play a destro warlock but as they cant deal with anything now days im looking to swap to my priest!

yeh basically there, spec for from darkness comes light and you'll get mindspike procs to use. similarly for DI for free mind blast procs then its spread dots, and nuke specific targets. spread dots for the procs. Psyfiend for round pillar cc/forcing them out of boxes/following fears after stuns etc. ermmm life grip when you need to pull your m8 from melee?

Deleted
    Arena 2v2 as Shadow? Forget it, we just dont have the burst at all, and you will find it very hard even to get VT up on any targets, as push, stun, los, interupts will get you down. And without VT you are screwed.
    Seriously when is Shadow ever going to have a fair chance in Arena? Without burst, you cant hope to gain much in Arena. BGs sure Shadow works great, just gem for resi, and spec for defense, as everybody and their mom will be going for you.
    I highly recommend you to stay on your destro lock.
    Last edited by mmocc2d5ae63f8; 2012-10-29 at 12:54 AM.

@OP:

I can help although I play rogue.

Dot, Dot, Fear, <Trinket>, Fear, Nuke, Fear, Nuke, Dot, Dot, Disarm, Nuke, Nuke.

Anything apart from a Loladin would die.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfyseven View Post
    Arena 2v2 as Shadow? Forget it, we just dont have the burst at all, and you will find it very hard even to get VT up on any targets, as push, stun, los, interupts will get you down. And without VT you are screwed.
    Seriously when is Shadow ever going to have a fair chance in Arena? Without burst, you cant hope to gain much in Arena. BGs sure Shadow works great, just gem for resi, and spec for defense, as everybody and their mom will be going for you.
    I highly recommend you to stay on your destro lock.
    I don't want to be rude or anything... But have you ever got more than 1500 rating? The question is a serious one, ain't kidding or anything...

Shadow is debately the strongest caster in-game atm, fighting with Mages for 1st place... Nothing in your post makes any sense... I could obviously just been baited in a troll post, silly me, but I'd really hate that the OP actually believes what you're saying...

Just get a Mage and a Restoration Druid and own them bitches. Don't really think shadow was better than this in any other arena season and so far there wasn't any significant nerf announced on the current PTR.

Actually shadow has been really good in threes for a while. But the guy was sort of right. You could take a straight healing class with you into a 2's game, or you wouldn't have the burst. But since you can off heal, you could easily take like a ret pally, or a enhance shaman or something that can also off heal, and do amazing.

In three's however, they have been ruling the ranks for a while. One of the best comps for the last like 4 seasons has been Mage Spriest and Resto shaman. And still is extremely strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    I don't want to be rude or anything... But have you ever got more than 1500 rating? The question is a serious one, ain't kidding or anything...

Shadow is debately the strongest caster in-game atm, fighting with Mages for 1st place... Nothing in your post makes any sense... I could obviously just been baited in a troll post, silly me, but I'd really hate that the OP actually believes what you're saying...

Just get a Mage and a Restoration Druid and own them bitches. Don't really think shadow was better than this in any other arena season and so far there wasn't any significant nerf announced on the current PTR.
    Yes, i had 1800 RBG rating last year, and 1650 Arena rating. No, im not a very strong arena player, as my main focus is pve, and i will never reach 2200 arena rating, however i am talking about getting games for cap, i cant even get capd every week this season.
    Yes, Shadow as a class has a long range of new options and utilities, which i like, and Shadow works great atm in RBG and BG, probably better than ever.
    However because 200 top players are able to pwn everything in Arena, doesnt mean that ordinary players can.
    Shadow in 2v2 is horrible, because of zero burst options. Any good pvp'er knows by now, that you break the Shadow class simply by stopping him to get VT up, without VT the Shadow is rendered useless, from a damage point of view. And please dont tell me to Line of Sight, VT is too long a cast, every dog and his mom will outmove the VT cast.

"Just get a Mage and a Restoration Druid" yeah dude, from someone who has been trying to get a decent Arena for 2 years, good players just dont hang on the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfyseven View Post
    Yes, i had 1800 RBG rating last year, and 1650 Arena rating. No, im not a very strong arena player, as my main focus is pve, and i will never reach 2200 arena rating, however i am talking about getting games for cap, i cant even get capd every week this season.
    Yes, Shadow as a class has a long range of new options and utilities, which i like, and Shadow works great atm in RBG and BG, probably better than ever.
    However because 200 top players are able to pwn everything in Arena, doesnt mean that ordinary players can.
    Shadow in 2v2 is horrible, because of zero burst options. Any good pvp'er knows by now, that you break the Shadow class simply by stopping him to get VT up, without VT the Shadow is rendered useless, from a damage point of view. And please dont tell me to Line of Sight, VT is too long a cast, every dog and his mom will outmove the VT cast.

"Just get a Mage and a Restoration Druid" yeah dude, from someone who has been trying to get a decent Arena for 2 years, good players just dont hang on the trees.
    Fair enough, I understand what you meant now, but that's how everything in this game or world simply is, some people are better at something, some are not, but that doesn't make shadow unplayable... So you want to cap in 2s every week? I suggest playing with mage, is really strong setup, the only major anti-comp you'll meet and you will probably lose every game is hunter/warrior, other than that you can beat everything... combined with mages burst and control and your healing and dmg, shadow/mage is a really annoying comp, and it's been a really good comp for years now...

I don't know why you insist on VT that much, dont get me wrong, VT is obviously extremely important, and so is SW: P, but shadow damage ain't about dots anymore like it was in Cata for example, where almost all damage was from dots (VT was doing in s11 gear roughly 3500 damage, and now is doing around 4500, so I think you get my point). Again, you need those VT and SW: P if you play with MS and MB proc talents, but that's most of shadow's damage, mind blast, mind spike and devouring plague. Play with mindbender in 2s instead of MS proc talent, the cd is really short and the dmg is very nice... You say you can't get them VTs or MBs up 'cuz everyone is interrupting or stunning you? Well, that's why you should play with a mage, to control the other team, and even without a mage, Shadow ain't that trainable like it was before, when you simply couldn't get melees of you... Use Spectral Guise and Phantasm wisely and you will get more than enough breathing space to get dots up and MBs thus allowing you to use DP...

You can cap only from BGs if really struggle in arena, or try to find other classes to play instead of Mage and RDruid, anything really works with Shadow now, only that shatterplay is along with KFC the best thing out there... Any setup from the past wich had an Affliction Warlock in it should do really well with a Shadow Priest since Shadow Priest is way beyond Warlocks atm and mainly that's the reason Priests were never one of the top casters in WoW, 'cuz of Warlocks.

Deleted
    What i did was i got myself a resto druid. Whenever there is an opportunity for kill, mostly likely when they dont have defensives and i have shadowfiend, i multidot everything, pets aswell, and then we CC the shit out of somebody, pop trinket, lifebloom & shadowfiend and spam the other guy with infinite proccs & double death and the game is over....basically.

Resto druid CC syncs very well with yours, and he can even heart of the wild if they manage to CC me during kill moment so it's not really a problem.

I think the guy with the owl in the picture just has met too many warriors. Yes, the warriors will sit on you and fuck up your uptime. I can get that you don't get to VT in such games, but that is also the hardest comp i'd recon, Holy + Warr. Fortunently, they are gonna get nerfed on CC, which means that wont be a problem. We've got double lifegrip for bridgemaps anyway.
    Last edited by mmocdd0538594c; 2012-10-30 at 06:48 AM.

Deleted
    hey guys, im wondering what the hell im meant to do against melee?

Warriors are all over me, i fear them and they are immune...i cast i get interrupted. its just not happening...

Deleted

Warriors are all over me, i fear them and they are immune...i cast i get interrupted. its just not happening...
    All classes have problems against warriors. They're OP as fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    All classes have problems against warriors. They're OP as fuck.
    fair enough i wondered if there was a strategy to deal with them other than take my hand off the keyboard and mouse and shout loudly at the screen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    @OP:

I can help although I play rogue.

Dot, Dot, Fear, <Trinket>, Fear, Nuke, Fear, Nuke, Dot, Dot, Disarm, Nuke, Nuke.

Anything apart from a Loladin would die.
    I am not gonna say that tactic will work in some cases, however unless you use more tools than that you wont do well.

And by the way, any decent warrior will always win against a shadow priest.

Deleted

There is always the option to spec for void tendrils, or have your partner CC him. When you get away from him you can pop Fade to remove slow/root, you can fakecast his pummel(still get blanket but better than nothing). Watch out for dumb warriors who may use zerkerrage for damage. Since our fear is 27 sec and his is 30 sec you at least get 3 if you use them instantly after eachother.

What usually happens is that the warr trinkets the root/disarm anyway but hey...