Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    I would highly recommend Hitman games. It is played in 3rd person however you do have the option to play in 1st person as well.
    Yeah, and theres a new one coming out in a month if you end up liking the series.(which even to a person who hasn't played any other Hitman games, apart from 10 minutes of Blood Money, looks really good)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

i havent played it in like 7 years but if i remember correctly....chronicles of riddick for xbox?
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    i havent played it in like 7 years but if i remember correctly....chronicles of riddick for xbox?
    It's available for PC, too, and it's also excellent for stealth gameplay, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    That's kinda the whole point of being stealthy. Maybe it isn't for you but that's the meaning of stealth.
    What he meant is that you could literally walk right beside (and sometimes in front) of the enemies without them noticing you at all. Stealth is OP once you hit a high enough level.

OT: Thief series, Splinter cell, MGS, Dues Ex Human Revolution (Similar to Dishonoured in that it gives you both options stealth and non-stealth, in fact it is more like modern Dishonoured), Kingdoms of Amalur got stealth system too.

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    If you're not looking just for new games, there's an old ps2 ninja game with a nonsensical storyline, ugly graphics, and kickass gameplay.
    Also this, it is one of the most amazing stealth games in terms of game-play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is pretty awesome. air ducts, windows, ladders, underground, hacking terminals to shut off cameras/turrets/alarms, seeing through walls, turning invisible, super fast takedowns/silenced weapons to avoid being seen. it's awesome. there's lasers that move that u have to avoid by timing/rolling at the right time.

all of the metal gear games, although stealth is an option/achievement same with deus ex.

Thief Deadly Shadows - Awesome

Deleted
    Lone Survivor.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Lone Survivor.

:P
    I love that game. Jasper Byrne needs way more exposure too. I also wonder if Hotline Miami counts as a stealth game... with huge amounts of violent murder sprinkled around liberally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I love that game. Jasper Byrne needs way more exposure too. I also wonder if Hotline Miami counts as a stealth game... with huge amounts of violent murder sprinkled around liberally.
    Wait, is that from the same dude?

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure if you are looking for a stealth game to also look at games like:

- Hitman blood money
    - Hitman absolution (is soon going to be released)

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Wait, is that from the same dude?
    Jasper made some of the Hotline Miami sound tracks; Miami (main theme), Hotline and Voyager. It also feels to me as if his fingerprints are alllll over the story.

Also, probably stretching it a bit, but I'd consider the Batman: Arkham... games to be stealth games for a majority of their play time, but you can always just kick the crap out of almost everyone at times.

Deleted
    Yea Deus Ex HR is pretty much the same thing as Dishonored. Takes a few hours to get going but it possible to ghost most of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    Yea Deus Ex HR is pretty much the same thing as Dishonored. Takes a few hours to get going but it possible to ghost most of the game.
    Also (imo) true about both games: Takes a few hours to get going, and then the game ends (both games have around 20 hours of playable content).
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

10+ Year Old Account
    Commandos 2 i say. (if you like looking from air)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Jasper made some of the Hotline Miami sound tracks; Miami (main theme), Hotline and Voyager. It also feels to me as if his fingerprints are alllll over the story.

Also, probably stretching it a bit, but I'd consider the Batman: Arkham... games to be stealth games for a majority of their play time, but you can always just kick the crap out of almost everyone at times.
    Omg, the soundtracks. That's just pure brilliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last real fun stealth action game I played was Deus EX HR. Normally in these types of games I go between stealth and shooting but I was all fucking stealth in that one. Getting the sneaking achievments (ghost and I can't remember the other one) on that map after you leave the asian ceo ladies office was the best feeling in the universe. I literally ran for the air vents waited for the patrol and then beat it for the elevator. Never know what hit em. Shit you guys got me thinking... looks like I'm reinstalling it again. Their was one point in that game when I was sneaking through Sarrif Industries and the soundtrack is so good and this part here at 1:02 was soooooooooo goood.

Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-03 at 10:26 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

No one mentioned Crysis / Crysis 2 (soon Crysis 3). Stealth around, kill and re-stealth and hide

Deleted
    It's been said before, but just adding my thoughts.

Thief, the whole series.. Loved it and still love it
    The 'dated' graphics can really be overlooked in my opinion, it just oozes atmosphere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palcica View Post
    So,i've just finished Dishonored,and im absolutely blown away.I've always liked stealth based games,but this game just made me love them.But,i can't seem to find any similar games to this one.I've played Splinter Cell,and i've played Assassin's Creed (not much i must admitt).Third person view games are fine,but im rooting for FP,if possible.I'm no Cod-Kid,but older games aren't really my thing,but you can list them.

I hope this thread will be usefull to others also,thank you
    Thief and Thief II are the absolute best examples. Deus Ex (the original one, not the shitty new one) is also a competent stealth game if you choose to play it that way.

The various Hitman games also tend to emphasize subterfuge and stealth over direct combat.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow