10+ Year Old Account

Free transfers now limited to once every 7 days starting Nov 1st

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rst#post579275

Due to community concerns about the effect of free transfers on world versus world, starting on November 1 we are going to change how often players are allowed to transfer worlds. After the update, players will be able to transfer worlds once every 7 days instead of once every 24 hours. We are also actively working on getting the guesting functionality in place. Thank you for your understanding.
    Valar morghulis

Yea the guesting thing is sort of a fail on feature delivery. Had they known guesting was going to be held up this long some of my friends would not have rolled on separate servers. -_-

Glad to see they are gonna start limiting all the PVP hoppers. I hated hearing about all the tards who continually hopped to whatever server was currently dominating in WvW instead of helping their own to do better. Hopefully this will start to balance out WvW matches, but I fear the damage may have already been done. As in there being a few really good top WvW servers and everyone else being kinda meh. But oh well, better late than never I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea the guesting thing is sort of a fail on feature delivery. Had they known guesting was going to be held up this long some of my friends would not have rolled on separate servers. -_-
    Yeah, this is pretty much my boat too. "Oh I'm going to just roll over here, and we'll guest together"

two and a half months go by...
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I really hope the guesting feature is in place by November 1st as well then.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    While I agree with you, since I have a couple friends across different servers, I still wonder why people don't just MOVE, no matter where they started...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Glad to see they are gonna start limiting all the PVP hoppers. I hated hearing about all the tards who continually hopped to whatever server was currently dominating in WvW instead of helping their own to do better. Hopefully this will start to balance out WvW matches, but I fear the damage may have already been done. As in there being a few really good top WvW servers and everyone else being kinda meh. But oh well, better late than never I suppose.
    People will still hop... just not as often obviously

It's honestly starting to turn into another SWTOR fiasco where features and major bug fixes aren't being implemented/taken care of until way after the fact (SWTOR's April update anyone?). Granted it's not as bad as what SWTOR's was, but still.....it's annoying to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I really hope the guesting feature is in place by November 1st as well then.
    It won't be. Once guesting is available, transfers won't be free anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    While I agree with you, since I have a couple friends across different servers, I still wonder why people don't just MOVE, no matter where they started...
    Some servers are full & also, you lose your guild stuff.

Deleted
    Kinda frustrating for me as a PvE player because I've been hopping around on different servers the few weeks to play with different people - have guilds on multiple servers and a lot of friends spread out. It's annoying to have to move when you want to do a jumping puzzle with a friend for fun - but I've been doing it, and then moving back to my base (having to dodge "full" timers especially since the halloween event). 7 days is going to make that really difficult for me and I can't get all my friends to choose a server to move to now as 2 months down the line from release most people are settled into their own servers and guilds with quite a lot of friends & benefits... but I know that the 24 hours has been wreaking havoc with the WvW populations, every time a server that was previously winning starts losing, everyone hops onto another winning server and it's really not a good situation there either.

I really really really really really hope that guesting gets up and running soon. There have been so many problems caused by them having free server transfers as a replacement for guesting.

I think their guesting feature is really broken which is why it hasnt been implemented yet. Prolly some serious bugs with it maybe having to do with WvW. The free transfers once every 7 days is a good fix for all the WvW server hoppers and those trying to cause havoc on realms they are going up against.

Took long enough, WvW has been completely fucked for the last few weeks by the free transfers.