Priorities, priorities... (Ret pally)

So, I'm kinda trying to optimize my dps for burst, which at the moment I think is low compared to other rets.
    Why? Because currently I have a confusion about when to use Synapse Springs + Lessons of the Darkmaster + GoAK during 30 sec AW.

Currently I start the battle with this (with pre-potting):
    - Gather 3 HP and cast Inq
    - Gather 3 more HP and cast AW + Synapse Springs + ES (in one macro, in that order, not sure if order makes it cast in that order, but i would hope it does)
    - Cast GoAK immediatly after all the above
    - Cast TV, then keep on a rotation with TV5HP > HoW > Exo > TV3HP > CS > J
    - After 10 seconds, use Lessons of the Darkmaster to have it on the remaining 20 secs of burst

The general idea keeps on the followings bursts during the fight, in which every 1 minute I use Synapse Springs + ES, which after 3 minutes is ready with AW to start in the same way as before.

Although it seemed to me that the times are perfect (30 sec goak + 30 second burst + 30 second on use items) I don't feel this is the best order it can be done, or even if I should do it so they match, since ES can benefit much more after GoAK stacks (maybe 10 seconds before AW fades?) but then Lessons wouldn't be for those last seconds were GoAK is at its best.
    Another question that pops in my mind if I should go AW just after Inq or wait to gather another 3HP so I can inmediatly use TV.

Any feedback will be appretiated!

Link last log (tuesday, on 371 gear): /reports/v2vzlwrg6ekmy2oj/ (i'm interested in the elegon fight which we are wiping atm)
    Armory (currently 379, will try it today at night): /ragnaros/Kaenas/advanced (US)
    Last edited by Canas; 2012-10-28 at 10:44 AM.

Cast GoAK after you cast Inq. This way your Guardian starts stacking the strength buff, and you'll have some of the bonus strength when you cast AW. Waiting to cast wings until you have 3 holy power is right. You also want to use Lessons first instead of Synapse Springs, because of the higher strength. If you place it first in the macro, it'll use Lessons first, and Springs if it's on cooldown. If you want to keep springs on cooldown, it'll mess up the rotation for Execution Sentence, but you could just let it sit until the next execution sentence (or get 2 passive trinkets to line them up perfectly each time).

Deleted
    GoAK for 10 seconds to attain your maximum buff benefit, then blow the rest of your CD's. I can currently burst just under 200k in relatively easy to get gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your opening burst also depends on which L75 talent you're using (I see Sanctified Wrath, so your opening rotation should be something different considering the longer Wings duration plus HoW frequency):

Hit GoAK+Wings+Springs immediately after your initial 3 HP for Inq application.
    Next, go HoW>Exo>HoW>CS>HoW>TV. You'll be hitting hammer a lot.
    After that, your rotation becomes HoW>filler>HoW>TV, repeat...until end of AW.

When you see your Springs (or Blessing of the Celestials) duration near expiration, hit ES. (ES takes a snapshot of your buffs when you cast it, so don't do it early in GoAK if you can afford to wait and cast ES while you have 20% additional Strength.)

When you're able to hit Lessons, hit it. I would get straight to proc trinkets as soon as possible if I were you, just because Springs are putzy with on-use trinkets. Silly Engineers. This is the reason I don't go Engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    When you see your Springs (or Blessing of the Celestials) duration near expiration, hit ES. (ES takes a snapshot of your buffs when you cast it, so don't do it early in GoAK if you can afford to wait and cast ES while you have 20% additional Strength.)
    Then wouldn't it be better to use it when Lessons is about to end? I mean, it gives more str than Synapse or Relic of Xuen during burst, and if I use synapse first, it means Lessons will be up during the last 20 seconds of AW, and that would mean I could hit ES just before AW + GoAK fade, getting it to experience the full trink + str stacks.

Then again, I would be waiting almost a minute since the start of the fight to use ES, so it doesn't sound such a good idea from that point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canas View Post
    Then wouldn't it be better to use it when Lessons is about to end?
    Yeah, I wasn't sure which gave more Strength between Lessons/Springs. Obviously use whichever gives more Str. Same idea applies.

Deleted
    Why is Execution Sentence better than Holy Prism? Considering you can use Holy Prism 3 times in the same amount of time, and provide some (albeit low) healing utility?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    Why is Execution Sentence better than Holy Prism? Considering you can use Holy Prism 3 times in the same amount of time, and provide some (albeit low) healing utility?
    Because, while Holy Prism allows you to cast a spell more often, it doesn't generate HP. Since it doesn't generate HP you'll push it to the bottom of your rotation, and you'll use it less often (really only when you have a free GCD), and you'd need to use it on CD to make the most out of it.

Only use Holy Prism on 5 mans and trash really.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    Basically what Krekko said, you're using a gcd that doesnt produce HP 3 times with Holy Prism (as opposed to 1 gcd with Es) per minute

The only time you should be using anything other than ES is to help off-heals though im not sure if Light hammer is preferred in Stone guards or not.. But in fights like feng where every1 stack, I dont mind using Light's hammer to help with heals.
    Last edited by Almond Royale; 2012-10-31 at 07:50 AM.