Fishing change???

Ok, obviously something changed with fishing per the patch notes on the PTR, but what? Does anyone know what Blizz changed?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean those datamined ones?

"Equip a fishing pole and find a body of water to fish. Right-Click on the bob in the water when it splashes to catch your fish. Higher skill increases your chance of fishing successfully in higher level areas."

These ones? I'm pretty sure it means absolutely nothing new.

I wish they would fix the timer problem so I would not miss fish when the bobber fires at .000001 sec

Yeah, I was hoping the note meant they were fixing that issue. Sometimes I don't even get a catch ... no splash, no bob, and no fish even if I just click at the last second. Doesn't happen often but still very frustrating.

The last second splash does happen quite a lot though ... it really needs fixing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been having the same problems here and yeah, that's news, that didn't use to happen back in Cata.

What else is new is that you don't need to equip a fishing rod to fish anymore. As the late Mr. Smite would say, you'd just "improvise" and fish with a stick.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I've been having the same problems here and yeah, that's news, that didn't use to happen back in Cata.

What else is new is that you don't need to equip a fishing rod to fish anymore. As the late Mr. Smite would say, you'd just "improvise" and fish with a stick.
    i did not know this...awesome news.

Deleted
    and this just answered the OP's question.

I wish they make the fishing like how it was in Breath of Fire II... damn I feel old.

Edit: I mean III www(dot)youtube(dot)/watch?v=ym03lLcRY3Y
    Last edited by Terminal Lance; 2012-10-29 at 02:41 PM.

Deleted
    I wish they make the fishing like how it was in Breath of Fire II... damn I feel old.
    OMG Breath of Fie III and IV Fishing was awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    The one datamined list of new items had a new fish that exists in your bags for 4 hours real time and the fishing tourny winner achieve is being given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd now in the next patch, that to me says the only new things for fishing will probably be a new pandaria fishing tournament and i would assume the old ones would be fixed now too. The tooltip changes I think is just a tooltip change =p

Edit: actually i forgot the STV tourny caught tastyfish which is the new fish that lasts 4 hours so it seems there is no new tourny just changing stv to catch a random fish like the kalu'ak one or simply adding a timer to it.
    Last edited by Starscreamer; 2012-10-29 at 05:01 PM.

Yay, just what we need...another fishing tournament to be exploited by CRZ realm-jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Notho View Post
    I wish they would fix the timer problem so I would not miss fish when the bobber fires at .000001 sec
    this has to be the most annoying thing!!