Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Worth Every Rogue's Vote

I just wanted to bring to attention this very well put together collection of ignored feedback threads, dating back as far as March of this year (days after the first Beta wave). I believe this is, as the title of the thread states, worth every Rogue's "Like" and sticky recommendation on the official forums.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9249892?page=1

All the feedback contained here, created for the entire duration of beta, are echoes of the concerns our community is voicing today. To put it bluntly, we have proof that we have been ignored.

Any Rogues who would like to see their class fun again would do well to help bring this thread to Blizzard's attention, and any sympathizers's votes would be just as deeply appreciated (if not more!)

Any EU players who would be so kind as to re-post and source this to the EU forums would also be very appreciated.

Please keep in mind that this thread is not my creation and that I only wish to bring it to sight.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Unfortunately I can't help since I'm an EU player, but at least your forums get read sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Unfortunately I can't help since I'm an EU player, but at least your forums get read sometimes.
    Posting it over there for more attention would be fantastic if you could manage.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

i guess most of the EU rogues also agree with everything that has been brought up during beta but no one is listening on EU forums i can't help either
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Unfortunely for me im aswell EU player . Hope they will stop ignoring what others guys have to say, especialy when MMO-rogue forum is full of rogues that feel completely hopeless. or rogues that are quiting class or game even.

And, like others have said, that's only the feedback left on the US side of things. I know for a fact that the EU had many lengthy, detailed and in some cases amazingly impartial threads concerning rogue issues.

Depressing.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

As highlighted above the EU population, rogue and others, is kind of left aside and Blizzard doesn't really take into account our feedback. I wonder if EU players can actually post on US forums? never tried to.

edit: no can't do :-/
    Last edited by Gnu; 2012-10-29 at 05:52 PM.

Unfortunately I can imagine us getting another "Rogues are fine" blue post from the devs...

Blizz: Oh did we say that some of the other classes have stronger versions of your skills? Don't worry, you'll get another legendary by the end of the expansion to keep you happy.

I think my rogue is plenty fun, our dps is fine, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I think my rogue is plenty fun, our dps is fine, nothing to see here.
    Don't see a low dps problem on the list sorry mate. And please allow a (bigger?) part of the community to disagree with you on certain stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't actually agree with most of your post. Sorry.

I'd agree with most of the list. However, I also don't happen to remember anytime when Holo ever agree's with anyone so there is that for you

people from the EU: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...95904?page=1#0 go here and its a link to US post. Maybe we give some input from the EU-side to help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illisar View Post
    I'd agree with most of the list. However, I also don't happen to remember anytime when Holo ever agree's with anyone so there is that for you
    I guess that would be because most people here absolutely have no mentionworthy PvP experience at all :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illisar View Post
    Holo is an..interesting person I'll hand you that. But I don't agree with the post either. There are a few small points I do agree with, but most of it isn't even remotely necessary.

Some of the things I agree with are that Tricks of the Trade is pretty boring and bland to use, the talents are quite boring and I wouldn't mind getting some more flashy spells. There are a few things I disagree with which aren't in that topic though.

I honestly believe Rogues are fine. Tier 14 isn't, but I think I mentioned my hate for this tier several times in the past 2 days already. If you want to hear my opinion on tier 14 you can go through my post history.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-10-29 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that rogues don't seem to get a lot of response to feedback, although we pretty much always end up "okay" - good DPS, even it seems like we rarely get fun, novel stuff like other classes.

But.

Some of the issues that bother me most aren't even on that list (blade flurry not being standard), and there are plenty of things on there that I just disagree with or think are super trivial issues.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Some of the issues that bother me most aren't even on that list (blade flurry not being standard), and there are plenty of things on there that I just disagree with or think are super trivial issues.
    I bumped the post, but I'll agree with this as well Tziva! A lot of the issues listed in that post do seem quite trivial.

I just want to see Blizzard do something rather than clump every issue ever brought to their attention, and address them all with saying... "Rogue's are Fine" --- "Working as Intended"
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Deleted
    Honestly, I still enjoy my rogue to play in PvE. I haven't PvP'd since Cataclysm because I just know I won't enjoy it much since sub got gutted out a bit.

My underlying feeling since around wrath has just been, "what could have been" with the rogue class, largely from a stylistic point of view (the kind've stuff that leads to a class being immersive/cool/fun).

When I log on my (currently) 86 warrior alt and heroic leap, charge, stomp and swing my big 2hander around for large crits, dragon roar for guaranteed crits.. I just think: "Yeah, this is great design"

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, that's pretty depressing too see how the feedback on Rogues has been pretty much completely neglected =/ Yes, we're playing Rogues, but I want it too feel like Cata did with Rogues, it was so fun. Hopefully this will get the attention that it deserves, especially after all the effort was put in.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

The thing is, we don't have any special abilities. They are all on-use with long cooldowns (AR, SB for example). Except for that its just SS spam with eviscerate. SnD, RvS and ToT are very boring mechanics and don't require any thought of the player. It just needs to active 'at all times'. Where's the fun in that? And since threat is now easier to be gained by the tank, what's the use of the ToT glyph (still wondering why I'm actually using it)?