Deleted

<3 new disc playstyle DPS!

finally it's viable and not only on gimmick bosses with +dmg buffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOHFaQvBKHA

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand what you're trying to prove here, atonement healing has always been viable, on every boss in DS a disc priest could just sit there and atonement heal, it was just better to not do that. Your hps seems higher for atonement, but then again you did do more than atonement, looks likeyou just did the same thing disc priests do on heroic garajal.

I'm not really excited for this, doing nothing but smiting isn't exciting, or fun, and the decision making skills required of healing are almost completely taken out of the equation. Watching my fraps of heroic garajal, its just so boring, sitting there doing a rotation of 3 spells. smite, holy fire, and penance. I hope Blizzard fixes that

There is no way you topped the meters in DS spamming smite, you spammed Prayer of Healing and won. :P I also really enjoy the new Atonement. It's not about sitting there and spamming Smite the entire fight, it's about keeping up with the other healers by using heals AND spamming Smite for the entire fight. :P Worst case scenario, a 3 spell rotation is still better than a one spell rotation we had in cata. lol Cheers Nanda :P

Deleted
    cool very interesting

not sure why this is new, all of cata was spam smite, pop wings, spam PoH, repeat. but grats on the Heroic kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you're excited by this... Spamming smite is not fun nor engaging. You are better off just bringing in a monk healer who can put up 3x more healing while only loosing 10k dps or a dps who can put out 80k more dps. The only thing smite spam is good for is 5man heroics.
    Last edited by Whicker; 2012-10-29 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Providing your raid dps is in check you'd be better just capping at 5 stacks and using Evang on CD and then filling in with PoH / Solace spam. Disc is really strong on this fight especially for the start of the encounter with a pre-stacked DA and well timed spirit shell you'll do a lot more in terms of HPS.

Well done on your kill! It's the only fight I haven't fraps'd

Too bad the youtube video is broken and I can't find a WoL report. If you really did respectable HPS spamming Smite, I'd love to see it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfx View Post
    Providing your raid dps is in check you'd be better just capping at 5 stacks and using Evang on CD and then filling in with PoH / Solace spam. Disc is really strong on this fight especially for the start of the encounter with a pre-stacked DA and well timed spirit shell you'll do a lot more in terms of HPS.

Well done on your kill! It's the only fight I haven't fraps'd
    We play together and not against each other, trying to steal every possible point of HPS from the other healers isn't the way I like to play. If there isn't any danger, why shall I spamm PoH? Our monk will heal it anyways. There are 2 roles here where Disc is superior to the other healers, 1. dps and 2. keeping people alive during critical events (Shields + Penance strongest single target heals ingame while moving, PS + Void Shift to safe the tanks, PW: Barrier, and Spirit Shell ist one of the strongest cooldowns you can keep tanks alive during high bursts or save the raid with SS PoHs), and thats what I like so much about it.

But well if you're up for it I'm pretty sure you can top the meters if you just spamm some more PoHs and steal that HPS from your Shaman's Healing Rain and your Monks groupheals.
    Last edited by mmoc23fba8f73f; 2012-10-30 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Providing as much throughput as possible isn't exactly "working against" your healing team. If anything, it makes it easier. I personally feel all healers should try to do as much hps without gimping themselves or the raid (i.e keeping your healing assignment alive, throwing out SW:P and Smite ect). It only becomes a problem when people start to tunnel and ignore their healing assignments.

PS: Have you seen monk dps, it can shit all over a priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^^ lol thats great