Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsinthis View Post

Some of us make gold just for the hell of it, like you might for raiding or PvP. When you do it as often as we do, you get very good at it There's lots of resources available to help you make gold if you are interested, just gotta go out and look for them.
    I have read them. They all advice you to either

A) go and farm tons and tons of minerals or
    B) play the AH. Buy cheap stuff, sell for more. Or
    C) Use bots

The richest guy I knew was an old Paladin who used to raid with me. Hardcore raiding, 6 days/week from 8am until 00. World top 50.

He was barely online before raid hours, and went offline most likely directly after the raid.

It was later that I figured out that he botted with twink chars during the night and had three toons at the gold cap. Fuck that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I have read them. They all advice you to either

A) go and farm tons and tons of minerals or
    B) play the AH. Buy cheap stuff, sell for more. Or
    C) Use bots

The richest guy I knew was an old Paladin who used to raid with me. Hardcore raiding, 6 days/week from 8am until 00. World top 50.

He was barely online before raid hours, and went offline most likely directly after the raid.

It was later that I figured out that he botted with twink chars during the night and had three toons at the gold cap. Fuck that.
    I hate farming, flipping, and botting haha. There's a lot of gold to be made in the manufacturing side of things, making use of your professions as it were. All it requires is to buy up raw materials, turn them into finished goods, and profit

I did not see this thread until today. Had I gotten to it while it was running, I would have added my value at 4,000G presently; though I've recently spent almost 100k on getting my monk to 90 and raid ready. I never usually have gold for long, and never very much. Currently, the most I've ever had was 35k at a given time.

I still firmly believe that we can't get a reasonable answer out of this, since you're polling players who frequent a fansite vs. the entire real community, which admittedly can't be done. For what it's worth, the people who did take time and see your post/survey have quite a bit of gold between them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I still firmly believe that we can't get a reasonable answer out of this, since you're polling players who frequent a fansite vs. the entire real community, which admittedly can't be done. For what it's worth, the people who did take time and see your post/survey have quite a bit of gold between them.
    Yea it's the biggest issue with something like this, it's pretty much impossible to target the casual players that don't visit any of the fan sites. It'll have to do though until Blizzard coughs up some numbers haha

Quote Originally Posted by Xsinthis View Post
    I hate farming, flipping, and botting haha. There's a lot of gold to be made in the manufacturing side of things, making use of your professions as it were. All it requires is to buy up raw materials, turn them into finished goods, and profit
    And that's how you make millions of gold?

That's how I used to make money. Never got much gold out of it. Maybe I played the wrong servers? I don't know.

Usually people get it that someone is buying all the raw gems, and suddenly the raw gems are more expensive than any crafted gem, while other people undercut you and you just cannot go any further down because you would only make like 10 golds profit per gem. That's just not worth it lol ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah, missed this. :<

I have 15k at the moment on my main, because no one wants to buy the new engineering mount from the AH. D:
    If it would sell, I would have nearly 100k - even though, the 70k I owned before was pretty much the largest amount of gold I ever owned. I never had more then 80k gold before and have no idea when I will ever reach it.

Also as said above, I doubt your survey is really that representative. Many players aren't even in this forum or wherever else you posted it to participate. And many of those who didn't probably have far less gold then what you posted here.

Nevertheless, interesting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Also as said above, I doubt your survey is really that representative. Many players aren't even in this forum or wherever else you posted it to participate. And many of those who didn't probably have far less gold then what you posted here.
    Yup Ended up hitting pretty much everything this year haha, WoW Insider, Reddit, OwnedCore, Icy-Veins, even some general gaming sites not specifically about WoW. Got the best representation I could but it's still biased towards the less casual players

If you don't have over 100k gold, you really dont try very hard. I have over 700k and thats just because I auction everything I get and dont need, and I make belt buckles/shoulder enchants/leg enchants/etc.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]