Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Engineering for PVE

I'm currently JC/Inscription and I was thinking about dropping JC for Engineering.

I've made about 200,000g+ so far with Inscription and I feel like Engineering is a fun profession from the mounts/gadgets/jeeves and such.

I'm just wondering if it's going to be as beneficial for PVE... the helmet that is, are they going to let it scale or what happens after it gets out ilvl'd with upcoming raids?

Any input?

Thanks.

The Prof perk isn't the Helm, but the on use glove enchant you get.

And no, odds are, the helm will not be upgraded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Ah so the helm is a little "extra" for the beginning, the Synapse Springs is what is really beneficial?

The on use glove enchant is great. Helm is only a temporary perk.

Deleted
    Nitro boots are maybe the best benefit you get from engi. Though hunters already have such a good mobility it's not really indeed on them.

How much is it these days to level 1-600?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get a ~30000 heal on your belt without having a chance to backfire, if you dont want to take the chance with the Nitro Boosts.
    You can also get a goblin glider on your cape for good ol' slowfall fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

Macroing parachute to disengage is great fun, the nitro boost is a sprint without daze and (at least in cata) could be used with Camo if you press the nitro first before camoing, and the synapse springs can be lined up with your burst. Toys are fun, jeeves/moll-e/thermal anvil are dead useful, AH in the engi hangout in shrine, and the helmet, while a temporary perk, definately helps the gearing process if you are still there. And you can make your own scopes. So yeah. Can't really go wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can also get the frag belt for 30k+ dmg every minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    The goggles have never scaled, unfortunately. In BC, there were 2 versions of the goggles and the final one required you to run sunwell to get some of the mats for. In wrath and cata, there was one set which lasted most of the first tier (until you got your tier helm). It will probably be the same way with Mists. It's a good starter piece but will be replaced in the first tier of raiding.

As others have said, Engineering's bread and butter is the glove tinker. 1920 strength/intellect/agility (which ever is highest) for 20 seconds on a 1 minute cooldown. Definitely more bursty when compared to the other non gathering professions. There are other "for fun" things you can do with engineering... It's really just personal tastes.
    10 seconds. Also the synapse springs line up with your bestial wrath, depending on when you hit readiness of course.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

ENGI/LW is best combination for hunters

Nitro boost is utter shit considering it has a chance of failure that can cost you the price of your life, you'd rather get the cobalt frags that you can macro to your shots and aren't on the GCD for a 30-35k dmg that also can aoe.

Deleted
    synapse springs are great if you keep them synced with bestial wrath, it lines up that extra decent chunk of agi while you are bursting.

Deleted
    Btw Eng stuff uses the Survival Mastery, so atm I'm using the Fireworks on gloves, may not be as good as the Agi thing but it's fun & deals good damage imo !

Oh and the Frag Belt can crit, I got some nice 80-90k aoe wich is really nice too. (I guess there is no macro to throw the Grenade on a target ? I mean not having to aim).

Edit: Actually I wonder if the damage increase is from mastery, mine is really low but the damage difference geared/naked is quite big (more than my ~9% mastery). May be it scale with AP or ilvl...
    Last edited by mmoc30a52d80e0; 2012-10-29 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen nitro boost backfire during an encounter.

1min engi glove on-use cooldown, 1min BW cooldown. It's a very strong combo. In general, the true strength of Engi gloves is timing it with your other buffs/cooldowns; BW is just an example.

So yes, Engi is a great PvE choice.

The frag tinker is actually quite good, fairly decent chunk of damage.
    Glove tinker outdoes other professions in burst, lines up with cooldowns (BW) and is generally more useful at fights with burn-phase etc.

So yeah engi is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysopoeia View Post
    Just want to add even without iron hawk the nitro backfire dot won't kill you anymore.

No one's mentioned the high powered bolt gun though. It's a free AOE interrupt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysopoeia View Post
    I have, a lot of times.

I can recommend Frag Belt also. When stars aligned astronomically correctly and trinkets procced etc. tooltip showed over 60k! damage for grenade. Just macro /use 6 in your Arcane Shot or Glaive Toss for example. Targeting circle won't disappear even if you spam those abilities.