Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    for PVE i would take BS. 2 extra gems going to be TOP when epic gems come (:

Me too Joy, me too Many times! Usually hilarious aswell. Ofcourse, as a DK, I just hit AMS and forget about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    boots backfire way too often , healing belt shares cd with pot, glove enchant puts on use trinkets on cd for the duration, so it can be annoying.

Nice for PvE, the worst for rated PvP... non of the Engin perks work for Arenas o RBGs.

The gizmos are nice thou, for PvW environments.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    boots backfire way too often , healing belt shares cd with pot, glove enchant puts on use trinkets on cd for the duration, so it can be annoying.
    If your engineer you're generally not meant to have an on-use trinket as BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    If your engineer you're generally not meant to have an on-use trinket as BM.
    If you do, you use the higher agility proc trinket first then whatever else you have second. I also don't find it too bad. You don't want, say a haste proc during your BW because it will devalue the proc. If you have a haste on use trinket like the jade bandit figurine or the hawkmaster's talon, It'll only overlap with your synapse springs once then you will be fine throughout the fight.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Engineering is simply the best raiding profession. Ever since I picked it up in Wrath, I've loved the parachute(now the glider <3) and nitro boost is fantastic for every day use.

so to double check to there is no way to make the frag belt hit your target you have to use the clunky target thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    so to double check to there is no way to make the frag belt hit your target you have to use the clunky target thing?
    There is not, sadly.

the engineer helm can be upgrade 2 times , i am wearing it atm (not upgraded it yet). prove http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zaralis/simple i'm not sure but i heard it is BiS for this tier of raids UNLESS you can get 2p or 4p from yer teir gear

Quote Originally Posted by Zaralis View Post
    the engineer helm can be upgrade 2 times , i am wearing it atm (not upgraded it yet). prove http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zaralis/simple i'm not sure but i heard it is BiS for this tier of raids UNLESS you can get 2p or 4p from yer teir gear
    Don't upgrade it. Period. You only gain your primary stat and no secondary stats it's a waste of an upgrade and it is not bis even without the tier bonuses because of its low ilvl.

I'm fairly certain boots can't backfire during raid encounters. Later I'll do a search to find when it was patched in. (@ work right now)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I'm fairly certain boots can't backfire during raid encounters. Later I'll do a search to find when it was patched in. (@ work right now)
    they certainly can backfire and give you the dot that damn near kills you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysopoeia View Post
    Never seen nitro boost backfire during an encounter.
    I have, loads of time. As a Rogue I could use Cloak of Shadows to get rid of the fuel leak damage but I've also died plenty of times in and outside raids because of it. The explosion however doesn't happen in raids anymore.

Those are my gripes with Engineering as well. The glove tinker putting on-use trinkets on cooldown especially can be a big problem. It could be worse but it's annoying regardless.

All in all if you can deal with these things Engineering is the best profession in terms of DPS. But it takes a little extra effort on your part. But even if you just macro the tinker with your signature shots it's going to provide a DPS increase. It's equal with other professions, it gets better the better you make use of it.

Jeeves and Moll-E are fun extra things which are massive quality of life improvements of your character as a whole.

So long as you're not using an on-use trinket, it's still one of the best PvE professions by a mile.

If you are using an on-use trinket, though... well, I hope Blizzard changes that. It's absolutely stupid beyond belief that are own gear can potentially ruin our profession.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    So long as you're not using an on-use trinket, it's still one of the best PvE professions by a mile.

If you are using an on-use trinket, though... well, I hope Blizzard changes that. It's absolutely stupid beyond belief that are own gear can potentially ruin our profession.
    With all respect I think that would be a very bad idea.

PvE is my main focus in this game and I would trade my soul to avoid tinkers and trinkets putting eachother on a cooldown, but this would be gamebreaking in PvP. People are shouting all over the place how ridiculous burst damage is already. Imagine if everyone was able to stack yet another 2k stats on top of all the burst cooldowns they are already using. It would instantly make Engineering the must-have profession in PvP.

Again mainly a PvEer here.

Deleted
    im using engineering and not got an on use trinket but they only overlap once if i did so it is all good anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    worst part is if boots back fire during a heavy aoe phase makes it a bitch on healers though if your bm spirit heal ,and the personal 30% heal can help but 9time out of 10 it works perfect ,while i do like iron hawk ,i dont ussaly find my self taking much damage unless its a group wide aoe phase and i find the personal heal 30% 100% to pet is for me any how a oh shit button if healers are busy

Deleted
    You shouldn't get in to the habit of using the nitro boost as a reliable CD, but more of a oh shit spell where you would've died other wise.

Deleted
    i tend to use nitro boots when i can if needed but really shouldnt it will kill me one day :P