Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Engineering is by far the best profession, think about the huge quality of life improvmens due to the portable mailbox and bank access and Blingtron..

yeah if you aren't using engineering in pve atm you are wrong

synapse springs alone is superior to any other profession bonus

if you use frag belt or nitro the difference is even bigger

add in convenience (ports, jeeves, mailboxes) and it's not even a question

Deleted
    I'm an enchanter/LW atm and thinking of dropping Enchanting for Engi.
    But!
    Can someone actually give me some actual numbers what kinda DPS increase Synapse Springs is compared to the passive +320 boost given by other trade skills?
    I know Synapse Springs average out +320 agi increase but how much of a difference does it make during burst (considering that I don't have on-use trinkets)? I was trying to test it using simc, but got some extremely flawed results. Ty.

Deleted
    I wouldnt take Eng over ench probs. do some sims on female dwarf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    I agree.

I switched from a character with Engineering and Leatherworking to my Hunter with Engineering and Enchanting. Leatherworking isn't very useful while Enchanting is making me silly amounts of money. Just from casually flying by some of the rares in Pandaria every evening I'm getting roughly 90 ethereal shards and 5 sha crystals including the two daily cooldowns every 2 days. On top of that it's just very nice being able to disenchant random stuff you find.

Deleted
    yeah enchanting is nice but i make money from leatherworking so ill keep that :P

Deleted
    Was able to take my time today to learn how to use SimC a little better, ended up with around 200 dps difference between engineering and enchanting, I have no idea if I made it "actually" work info but sounds pretty realistic to me (ran with 10k iterations).
    So ye probably not worth dropping your regular +320 trade skill for engi unless you're raiding for Paragon, considering how ridiculous amounts of money for example enchanting makes, and the money made from Engineering is pretty pathetic.

Deleted
    Don't forget about Loot-A-Rang it's easiest way of looting dem Sigils.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrekh View Post
    Don't forget about Loot-A-Rang it's easiest way of looting dem Sigils.
    Meh.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=125050/fetch

Having your pet retrieve your loot is much more awesome.

Benefits of Engineering
    *- 1920 Primary Stat cooldown. Lasts 10s, 60s cooldown (Uptime is 16.667%). On average: 320 stats (on par with other professions). This primary benefit poses one problem as it adds a 10s cooldown to on-use trinkets.
    *- Tinker your belt to have a few useful things. Most notably, the Nitro Boosts, which is a very fast sprint on a 3m cooldown (may sometimes backfire and apply a Fire DoT to you).
    *- Tinker your cloak to have the super-awesome Goblin Glider, allowing you to not only safely glide your way to the ground, but also propels you forward AND allows you to turn while gliding down!
    *- Jeeves/Repair Bots, allowing you to put down a vendor and repair station for you or your allies no matter where you are. An additional benefit is that Jeeves will allow Engineers (ANY Engineer, not just the one that put him down) to access their bank.

- Portable Mailbox "MOLL-E", allowing you to place a mailbox anywhere in the world.
    - Teleporters, allowing you to teleport to a multitude of areas.
    - BC Engineering Mounts, which are two really cool helicopter mounts that only Engineers can use. (These mounts are BoA, but only your Engineer characters can mount them).
    - Shrine Auction House and Bank Center. Right at the entrance to the Pandaria Shrine City, there is an Auction House and Bank that only Engineers can use (the bank is the little robot that walks around). There's also a Guild Bank, Vendor, and Mailbox, but anyone can use those, not just Engineers.
    - Seaforium Charges which allow you to blast open almost any locked door (if they still exist...) or chest/lockbox you may come across.
    - Other random wacky inventions that you may create.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Benefits of Engineering
    *- 1920 Primary Stat cooldown. Lasts 10s, 60s cooldown (Uptime is 16.667%). On average: 320 stats (on par with other professions). This primary benefit poses one problem as it adds a 10s cooldown to on-use trinkets.
    *- Tinker your belt to have a few useful things. Most notably, the Nitro Boosts, which is a very fast sprint on a 3m cooldown (may sometimes backfire and apply a Fire DoT to you).
    *- Tinker your cloak to have the super-awesome Goblin Glider, allowing you to not only safely glide your way to the ground, but also propels you forward AND allows you to turn while gliding down!
    *- Jeeves/Repair Bots, allowing you to put down a vendor and repair station for you or your allies no matter where you are. An additional benefit is that Jeeves will allow Engineers (ANY Engineer, not just the one that put him down) to access their bank.

- Portable Mailbox "MOLL-E", allowing you to place a mailbox anywhere in the world.
    - Teleporters, allowing you to teleport to a multitude of areas.
    - BC Engineering Mounts, which are two really cool helicopter mounts that only Engineers can use. (These mounts are BoA, but only your Engineer characters can mount them).
    - Shrine Auction House and Bank Center. Right at the entrance to the Pandaria Shrine City, there is an Auction House and Bank that only Engineers can use (the bank is the little robot that walks around). There's also a Guild Bank, Vendor, and Mailbox, but anyone can use those, not just Engineers.
    - Seaforium Charges which allow you to blast open almost any locked door (if they still exist...) or chest/lockbox you may come across.
    - Other random wacky inventions that you may create.
    as far as im aware the seaforium doesnt work for this level of lockboxes

as far as im aware the seaforium doesnt work for this level of lockboxes
    Locksmith's Powderkeg Would like a word with you.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-25 at 10:24 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Meh.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=125050/fetch

Having your pet retrieve your loot is much more awesome.
    I'm well aware, but Fetch is broken. You need to stand still for it to work and loot-a-rang is just faster and easier to use.

Engineering is the best dps profession

if you want to min/max you will be engineering

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrekh View Post
    I'm well aware, but Fetch is broken. You need to stand still for it to work and loot-a-rang is just faster and easier to use.
    Well I'm not letting my kitty get chubby, even felines need some exercise.
    Before you know it your pet looks like the following:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Locksmith's Powderkeg Would like a word with you.
    ooo guessing its one of them patterns you have to learn by making things?

ooo guessing its one of them patterns you have to learn by making things?
    You should have it learned. That's what I thought but it was there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    You should have it learned. That's what I thought but it was there.
    dont have it yet hmm. will look into it XD

The only problem for me personally is when boots backfire and AMS is on cooldown, other than that it's fairly useful.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    The only problem for me personally is when boots backfire and AMS is on cooldown, other than that it's fairly useful.
    Anti-Magic Shell? This is the hunter forum