Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I get it wow and in this case MoP is the best thing ever and you all post here to reinforce each others opinions in some giant circle jerk. Carry on getting bursted down by your bm hunters and arms warriors. The only cause for the decline of this game is the community. It's a giant group think that can't see Blizzard doing anything wrong or right for that matter, because mists does do some things right.
    I would really, really, really like to know what you're smoking. Because Blizzard has never had so much negativity thrown at them from nearly every corner.

Additional note: PvP has never been more than an afterthought and has always had its problems with ridiculously OP classes or comps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    I would really, really, really like to know what you're smoking. Because Blizzard has never had so much negativity thrown at them from nearly every corner.

Additional note: PvP has never been more than an afterthought and has always had its problems with ridiculously OP classes or comps.
    Conversely they've never had such an ardent group of people defending them for regressive and unappealing design choices. Well except when they made dungeons "hard". We know how that worked out don't we

Deleted
    Wow is not worth the money but I pay anyway and play. I mean what choice do I have, quit? lol, ha ha.

Dungeons = crap
    Pvp = crap
    Quests = crap

Raiding so far = very nice and I am a member of a very nice guild, so in the end, gonna continue to pay and play.
    Last edited by mmoc5d3135715b; 2012-10-28 at 10:59 PM.

If you enjoyed any part of wow before and don't mind paying the money, then yes. Ultimately it will be you who decides whether it is worth it or not.

Not trying to promote illegal stuff here, I just mention that recently I tried preCata servers (out of so-called "nostalgy"). Man, MoP isn't WoW anymore, it is some other game aimed for absolutely different playerbase. Difference between preCata and MoP is too drastic. Current WoW heavily continues to change in same direction as during Cata. I am still playing MoP only because of couple friends, to not let them down. WoW is dead for long time now, MoP is just some different game, based on WoW.

So it doesnt' worth it. Maybe when Rob Pardo will come back to WoW - it will be worth it, but I am afraid that Activi$ion and GC with his crew have done too much irrepairable damage to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    -snip-
    How is it a different game? Did "pandas" kill your game? Was Pet battles to "kiddish" for you?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    How is it a different game? Did "pandas" kill your game? Was Pet battles to "kiddish" for you?
    It is different to preCata in all aspects without single exception, and MoP is worse in most of those aspects. Pandas and pet battles are the least of the problems in current WoW. I would even say pet battles are the only positive addition in MoP, still it could be implemented soooo much better...

It is different to preCata in all aspects without single exception, and MoP is worse in most of those aspects. Pandas and pet battles are the least of the problems in current WoW. I would even say pet battles are the only positive addition in MoP, still it could be implemented soooo much better...
    Why not try explaining what these "problems" are, no one here wants to play guessing games.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Why not try explaining what these "problems" are, no one here wants to play guessing games.
    It would be too much to list all the problems and issues, brought by Cata+. But I will mention just few of many: CRZ, shared-lockouts (introduced in Cata), destruction of classic content (started in Cata, classic content keeps being destroyed on regular basis in MoP). And that's just few from many, many problems in current WoW.

Btw, speaking of classic content, here is one of many examples, that Blizzard doesn't care about "old" content at all.

It would be too much to list all the problems and issues, brought by Cata+. But I will mention just few of many: CRZ, shared-lockouts (introduced in Cata), destruction of classic content (started in Cata, classic content keeps being destroyed on regular basis in MoP). And that's just few from many, many problems in current WoW.

Btw, speaking of classic content, here is one of many examples, that Blizzard doesn't care about "old" content at all.
    CRZ: I can't give my opinion on this because I play on a PvE realm and see no problem with it.

Shared-lockout: I agree that it was stupid of Blizzard to do this in Cata but it seems they are working to remove it. IE: testing it in other countries atm.

Classic Content: Ironically Classic content was "destroyed" as in all the destruction. Anyway, I don't agree that they are destroying it. What they are doing is updating it to current times. I hope they do it to TBC, maybe Wrath.

Also speaking of classic content, they are making another reason to go back to old raids. In 5.1 many old bosses (classic, TBC, Wrath) drop battle pets that look like they. So really, I think this is helping old content in a whole.

Well if you like to grind then this is a perfect xpac for you, but otherwise hmm

PvP right now is unbalanced as hell, but it happens every time new xpac comes out so it needs more time to evaluate the balance

well your asking on a wow fansite, so you have two types of people. Those who enjoy playing wow, and trolls. But the majority is those who love wow, so you're gonna get biased answers on that question. MoP is the same WoW that it's always been, just different NPC's and locations. If you enjoyed wow, you might enjoy it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's worth it but that's me. There is a lot to do at end game and if you can tolerate LFR, which is much improved over the first draft in Cataclysm, your desire to raid on an off-and-on random basis can be met there perhaps.

Scenarios are fun for killing time with barely any queue at all and those promise to get better as Blizzard gets more experience with what people expect out of them.

Pet battles are fun, if inconsequential, and the whole Tilling thing is for me very nice. I wish there were more to it in fact.

How much you'll enjoy it returning will depend a lot on why you left two years ago to start with. Enjoy the free trial and good luck.

Let us know what you think.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    @OP You'll get a lot of people blind hating WoW regardless of what it offers. MoP is much the same as wow has always been but there is a lot of new features and content to keep you occupied. MoP feels more like Wrath than Cata to me and unlike cata there is a lot more to do besides afk in a city and run dungeons. New features like CRZ really liven up the game and fill the empty zones with more players. Been leveling an alt as well as doing lvl 90 content and its great to see lots of people out in the world again, after all WoW is an MMO

Deleted
    The trial hooked me after one hour of playing.

My biggest issue with this x-pac is the grind in dailies....I do them every day....now that I am revered with Golden Lotus, I get to start the grind with August Celestials and Shadow-pan. (August Celestials are the only way to get wrist enchants for enchanters)

It's worth it if you love doing dailies and leveling toons, and are satisfied with doing just those two over and over.

The PvP is horrible and worse than previous expansions (surprised that it was even possible) with no real additions as far as content goes (2 bgs and 1 arena, and horrible pvp balance, default weekly conquest cap was reduced to 1350 from 1650 unless you grind rating in arena or do rated bgs).

Raiding, 5 mans and scenarios, in my personal opinion, seem lackluster, unsatisfactory and boring after you've done them a couple times. I haven't tried heroic raiding or challenge modes so I am excluding those out of my assessment and hopefully someone else can shed light on those. However if you're a casual its unlikely you'll be spending time doing either.

My personal recommendation would be to not buy MOP and sit this one out and instead take the time to try out some other games that you've been missing out on. Or if you absolutely must play an MMO I'd recommend Guild Wars 2.

I have a feeling the next WoW expansion will be tremendously better, more exciting and quite worth the wait. It's just a feeling I have, I guess you could say it's faith. Thats what I am doing anyway, I haven't bought MOP and am not subbed, I am just gonna wait it out and keep my fingers crossed for the next expansion.

Hope I helped you decide.
    Last edited by Absolem; 2012-10-29 at 12:46 PM.

MoP is worth it, IMO.

Recent survey: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...this-over-with!

MoP > Wrath > TBC > Vanilla > Cata.

When was the last time the current ex-pac was considered the best? All I remember from Wrath was "this sucks, give me TBC back" and similar story in Cata. In TBC it was probably the same deal. There's a lot of stuff to do in MoP outside of group content, and that alone is a massive plus point. You can still progress your toon without having to wade into the sea of idiocy that is random dungeons/raids/BGs.

Deleted
    PvP is back in a big way thanks to people actually dying in group fights:P

Quote Originally Posted by Helwet View Post
    PvP is back in a big way thanks to people actually dying in group fights:P
    It's become a massive zerg-fest with tons of burst and CC and little skill involved, its become a game of whoever pushes button X first. There is little judgement or skill involved anymore. Its zerg 101 tactics at work all the way.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 06:03 PM ----------

Man, MoP isn't WoW anymore, it is some other game aimed for absolutely different playerbase.
    I would agree with this.