Deleted

Taste for blood nerf?

Was talking on vent today with some guildies and someone referenced a taste for blood nerf inc on warriors. Something like reducing the extra HS damage from 100% per stack to 30%. Anyone has any input on this? Tried to find a reliable source but nothing...

Deleted
    Yeah, let's make arms even more sub-par for PvE, shall we?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what was so awful about Lambs to the Slaughter. It was annoying to keep up at times, but it was better than being gutted for PvE over PvP concerns, which is what I'd imagine would happen if they made that change - I currently play Fury. I don't know why they changed Avatar but didn't make it unstackable with Reck in RBGs/Arena ONLY...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

TFB doesnt need a nerf, It hardly ever procs and is very difficult/annoying to get it to 5 stacks. You have the issue that if you are proccing overpower like a horny donky then your rage is going to cap, if you're using globals on overpower (cost no rage) and Mortal Strike (generates rage) then you have nothing to spend rage on other than heroic strike, if you use heroic strike then you're using your TFB procs. But that situation probably happens to me during a whole raiding night maybe once, if i'm lucky.

The problem with TFB is that though yes a 5 proc is ridiculously powerful, it is almost never going to happen in a realistic situation, it will often fall off before reaching even 3 stacks quite often if you dont use HS, let alone reaching 5 stacks. Arms is fairly competitive in PVE at the moment and nobody can deny that, even if it isnt as high as Fury it is very capable on all fights and situations.

People who don't play warrior certaintly look at TFB and think that it is ridiculous how much damage it can give at 5 stacks, those same people don't realise how unrealistic 5 stacks is in 95% of cases, when the stars align type RNG is blizzards own fault in design.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-10-29 at 01:22 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You have the issue that if you are proccing overpower like a horny donky then your rage is going to cap, if you're using globals on overpower (cost no rage) and Mortal Strike (generates rage) then you have nothing to spend rage on other than heroic strike, if you use heroic strike then you're using your TFB procs. But that situation probably happens to me during a whole raiding night maybe once, if i'm lucky.

Umm,
    Do you even Slam?

A proc like tfb is shit for pvp no question. The low chance of it occuring doesn't exactly make it better. With the way it is actually used I wouldn't care for a nerf - might reallocate the lost damage into buffing the mastery or something along the lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jokeaccount View Post
    Was talking on vent today with some guildies and someone referenced a taste for blood nerf inc on warriors. Something like reducing the extra HS damage from 100% per stack to 30%. Anyone has any input on this? Tried to find a reliable source but nothing...
    The only thing that Blizzard could do to nerf TfB reasonably is reducing the number of stacks from 5 to 4 or 3. Damage isn't an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like to talk shit when they are with their friends, learn to not take banter so seriously. If anything is done to Taste for Blood, it's maximum stacks would probably be decreased and be accompanied with a proc rate increase.

Deleted
    If it was reduced the uptime and proc rate will be increased

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    If anything is done to Taste for Blood, it's maximum stacks would probably be decreased and be accompanied with a proc rate increase.
    That model actually sounds quite reasonable and compelling.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Quote Originally Posted by Kyz View Post
    If it was reduced the uptime and proc rate will be increased
    I would be good with that, up to three stacks just give it more of a chance to proc. Seems like I can hardly ever get the damn thing to proc and I'm 6/6 experienced with very little tfb happening on my end.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    TFB doesnt need a nerf, It hardly ever procs and is very difficult/annoying to get it to 5 stacks. You have the issue that if you are proccing overpower like a horny donky then your rage is going to cap, if you're using globals on overpower (cost no rage) and Mortal Strike (generates rage) then you have nothing to spend rage on other than heroic strike, if you use heroic strike then you're using your TFB procs. But that situation probably happens to me during a whole raiding night maybe once, if i'm lucky.

There's this spell we warriors have that used to have a cast time - what was it called? Slaughter? Slag? Slip? Oh, I REMEMBER!

Slam.

Deleted
    Why is it always like this? Nerf hunters and Warlocks for crying out loud. Why does Blizzard always nerf the weakest classes and leave the OP ones where they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    There's this spell we warriors have that used to have a cast time - what was it called? Slaughter? Slag? Slip? Oh, I REMEMBER!
    Slam.
    Iwould strongly suggest, rereading Bigbazz' post. The scenario he mentions is - in case of TFB proccs - pretty common. He is not talking about the "business as usual" rotation where we slam our rage away. What he is talking about is when you get so lucky as to have several proccs of TFB you are in most cases urged to differ from the optimal rotation.

Optimum would be: spend as much OPs and MSs as possible to see how far up TFB stacks.

But due to the rage building up (only white swings and MS and OP that either don't cost or even generate rage) we are forced to spend GCDs on Slam to dump our rage which in turn delays procced OPs, MS or anything JUST to leave the TFB stack for POSSIBLE further stacks or better circumstances (Enrage, CS) alive. - So yeah, at the moment you are better off breaking the TFB chain here and continue with the "business as usual".

And that sucks because it already happens fairly seldom. And having a rare occasion of potential damage causing even more rotational trouble is kinda ... suck-ish, no?

Edit: so much typofail
    Last edited by Fiercon; 2012-10-29 at 04:02 PM.

If they did absolutely nothing but reduce the maximum stacks to 3, I would be quite happy about that. A 3 stack is much more realistic than a 5 stack and it would psychologically make Arms more satisfying to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    Iwould strongly suggest, rereading Bigbazz' post. The scenario he mentions is - in case of TFB proccs - pretty common. He is not talking about the "business as usual" rotation where we slam our rage away. What he is talking about is when you get so lucky as to have several proccs of TFB you are in most cases urged to differ from the optimal rotation.

Optimum would be: spend as much OPs and MSs as possible to see how far up TFB stacks.

But due to the rage building up (only white swings and MS and OP that either don't cost or even generate rage) we are forced to spend GCDs on Slam to dump our rage which in turn delays procced OPs, MS or anything JUST to leave the TFB stack for POSSIBLE further stacks or better circumstances (Enrage, CS) alive. - So yeah, at the moment you are better off breaking the TFB chain here and continue with the "business as usual".

And that sucks because it already happens fairly seldom. And having a rare occasion of potential damage causing even more rotational trouble is kinda ... suck-ish, no?

Edit: so much typofail
    What this guy said! - I'm glad somebody understood what I was saying.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4