A few questions:

Are the raids hard?
    Are the dungeons hard?
    Does it feel like old WoW?
    Are the servers still dead?

Thanks

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are as easy as DS was, though a little harder due to starting out in questing crap
    Dungeons are as easy as they were in Wrath, in other words are not even worthy of being called heroic
    Never played Vanilla
    Only play on 1 server and its crowded enough
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Are the raids hard?
    Yes and no. LFR is easy mode. Normal and Heroic is where you want to get something hard. More so for heroic.
    Are the dungeons hard?
    No, but if you want a challenge for dungeons then there's Challenge Mode for that.
    What is considered "old WoW"?
    My server was never dead so idk how to answer that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

1. Pretty difficult
    2. Heroics are easy as hell
    3. No
    4. Depends where you play

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedComplex View Post
    I'm thinking of getting back into WoW.

A few questions:

Are the raids hard?
    Are the dungeons hard?

Thanks
    Are the raids hard? Fairly. Don't know about Heroics but I would assume so.
    Are the dungeons hard? No. But Challenge modes can be.
    Does it feel like old WoW? Define "Old WoW" it doesn't feel like Vanilla.
    Are the servers still dead? Depends.

Pretty much like Drek said.

Dungeons are no longer meant to be heroic, they did away with lvl 90 regulars, they call them heroic just to differentiate them from the lower level version of the same dungeons. You can step into the lvl 90 "heroics" with questing gear only, and that is what the difficulty is scaled to. Raids require a lot more personal responsibility than they did in vanilla.

I'm not sure what you mean by old WoW. You don't sit in town for hours on end trying to put groups together. Leveling isn't painfully slow. You don't have to grind for resist gear.

Servers are going to be different. If you pick a busy server you should be fine. The server I play is on active without being crowded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the raids hard? Well I've only done Stone Guards (guild just started raiding last week) and a few attempts on Feng. And so far it's challenging, but no more than usual. I think our difficulty is not so much the strategy, its just being in dungeon blues.

LFR is stupid. Just fucking stupid. Zerg the boss.

Dungeons . . . le sigh . . . because people thought Cata heroics were hard on release, we're stuck with lolAoE Wrath style heroics again. Yes, I know, challenge modes and all that, but was using a little CC and having a little danger really that hard?

Does it feel like old WoW? Not from what I little Vanilla I played. MoP is very different from Vanilla.

Are the servers still dead? Actually, a lot of servers got a bit crowded lately, don't know if the crowds died down but a lot of people returned. Not sure what you mean by "still," I know my server never really died to begin with.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Id say the dungeons are about as hard as they were n 3.2. The raids probably like DS, but i expect the 3 raids not released yet to be harder. If you want challenging dungeons there are challenge modes which are like old BC dungeons. I think MoP brought the soul back to wow. Servers are fine if you are medium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the raids hard?
    So far there's one raid. Seems about par for the course but better as a raid than DS was.

Are the dungeons hard?
    No, heroics are not hard. Challenge mode dungeons are very hard.

Probably not but it depends on what you mean by "old WoW"? The exploration part is good. Game mechanics are far, far along from Vanilla. But so are the players. There's no sense really in trying to compare the two. There's much more to do at level 90 than in any expansion, both good and bad according to your tastes.

Compared to what? There's still somewhere between 2 and 3 million people missing from peak times. But it depends on your server I suppose.

Thanks
    You're welcome, I guess.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Overall, I think that this expansion's dungeons, the ones we've seen anyway, are completely pathetic; they're all just like an endless, straight railway. Personally I don't believe that the 'WoW feeling' has persisted, not many traces of old races at all, but instead a new vibe has been created. I have to admit that the zones of Pandaria are bloody amazing, once you're half way through them that is.

10+ Year Old Account

A few questions:

Are the raids hard?
    Are the dungeons hard?

Thanks
    WoW has never had below 8 million players afaik, so the servers have never been "dead" what are you talking about? Good luck finding another online game that has more than ~10 million people playing..

Deleted

A few questions:

Are the raids hard?
    Are the dungeons hard?

Thanks
    1. IDK i just pvp.

2. IDK i just pvp.

3. I can say that it feels like.. Nagrand. Like, open place, beautifull zones, most of them anyways.

4. The thing is i cant tell wether CRZ is working or not sometimes. On my popular alliance realm i actually get alot of contact from people in other servers and theres tons of world pvp.

On my dead server, its still dead. I dont know wether this is a bug or a fail of Blizzard. Yeah the AH is still dead as ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the raids are tuned a lot more tightly

5 mans are 5 mans, idiots can make anything in the game hard. I think the only semi-challenging dungeon out of them all is Shado-Pan Monastery, and when I finally get gold in it, I am never going to run it again.

wow is the same as ever. there are more people in the world now and a metric fuckton of dailies, but that's it

I only play on Mal'Ganis and Kel'Thuzad... Might just be the CRZ KT and MG are in, sometimes I see people, sometimes I don't. If I do, it's usually some high level player who one shots my character and then flies away. Player presence starts to pick up in the highest level classic zones and outland.

Honestly though, if there's anything to bitch about it's the state that PvP is in, that it's in at the beginning of every expansion and all of the goddamn dailies. I'm a raider, and I just cannot be fucked to care about capping valor via dailies. I wish I did, I wish it didn't go against everything I believe I should do to be a competitive player, but it does and I absolutely hate it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are the raids hard?
    I don't raid, but I think LFR is piss easy on purpose, normal and heroic raids are similar to Cata difficulty. That means heroics are really hard, normals take a few pulls to first kill if you are an average or better than average player.

Are the dungeons hard?
    Not at all. It's like WotLK original heroics. You can faceroll 95% of the 5man heroic content, it's safe for LFD. But there is challenge mode for all MoP 5mans, with mobs doing 400% damage, having extra abilities and whatever. So I guess that is fairly hard. Normal 5 mans (there are only 4 of these) are piss easy, I could easily solo the level 85 one with a 87 blood DK in unenchanted quest greens.

No. Old WoW was great because it was new. Otherwise it wasn't good because it was unpolished. MoP is very polished. Sometimes it feels a bit like BC, which is good as BC was the best expansion so far.

No clue, I'm on a med-high pop one. Also almost all zones 10-85 are cross-realm now, so you won't see empty zones anymore.
    Last edited by Zka; 2012-10-29 at 12:41 PM.

A few questions:

Are the raids hard?
    Are the dungeons hard?

Thanks
    1. Have only tried the first 2 bosses, and yes, its still challenging, which feels good, mostly due to that we arent overgeared via heroic 5 mans and LFR yet, thumbs up there.
    2. Normal and heroics no, some of them have a few annoying parts but its not hard. challange mode, great step up from anything else which is great scaling.
    3. Old wow is gone, it wont return, lots of good memories fron Vanilla, BC, Wrath and Cata, keep them and move on.
    4. Depends on the server ^^

Most fun I've ever had with an expansion!