Fresh 50, Guidance is needed.

So I finally hit 50 tonight (yay), and manage to do the Ceremony Chronicle, which was awesome. Now, anyone have any tips and points as to what I should do as of now? Should I quest in Ember Isle, do dungeons, etc.

Ember Isle is a great zone, but it's toned for characters with quite good gear. You can still do it, but it'll be pretty difficult. I think you'd be best of participating in the world event, doing IAs, running dungeons, levelling professions etc. I'd say that the most useful things to be done right now, before SL hits, are levelling your Planar Attunement and just learning to play all the different new souls (something everyone must do right now). PvP would propably be a bit messy with no valor gear, and it wouldn't really even amount to anything as it'd be sort of pointless beginning to gear up right now. You could do the other Chronicles too. They are pretty good. And if you are a fresh lvl 50 with mostly greens and blues you'll even get some upgrades doing them.

I'd try to make sure you do everything you can at least once in the next 2 weeks. Do every dungeon, every chronicle, every zone event you see. In general jsut try to experience everything before everyone else stops doing it, because even though you can come back later, it'll never be the same.

Go to the auction house and buy two rings and an amulet with some +hit on it. That should allow you to queue up for expert dungeons. Search for "precise" runes on the auction house to add some +hit to your weapons.

DON'T HESITATE TO DO THE TIER 1 RAIDS! You will gear up much faster with them than running expert dungeons.

Find an ROS and/or GSB pickup group and get geared up by being carried. Look for a full clear group instead of just a weekly raid quest so you hit all the bosses. Don't worry about gear minimums as this stuff is faceroll for most of the people doing the weekly.

Don't do the ten mans until you are somewhat close to 150 +hit. If you get lucky with drops in ROS and GSB it shouldn't be a problem.

As for specs, just use some of the recommended "purpose" specs. They are fine for Tier 1 Raids, rift raids, and expert dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
    Ember Isle is a great zone, but it's toned for characters with quite good gear. You can still do it, but it'll be pretty difficult. I think you'd be best of participating in the world event, doing IAs, running dungeons, levelling professions etc. I'd say that the most useful things to be done right now, before SL hits, are levelling your Planar Attunement and just learning to play all the different new souls (something everyone must do right now). PvP would propably be a bit messy with no valor gear, and it wouldn't really even amount to anything as it'd be sort of pointless beginning to gear up right now. You could do the other Chronicles too. They are pretty good. And if you are a fresh lvl 50 with mostly greens and blues you'll even get some upgrades doing them.
    I recently dinged 50 on an alt and with the new builds in 1.11, was able to go to EI straight away and complete the quest chain. It takes a bit longer but its doable in your basic chronicle gear. if your cleric, you can do it with a druid spec, mage with an elemental summoner build (mixed with pyro and choloro) - not sure what a rogue or a warrior would use, but the official forums do have good suggestions there

I would recommend you to try it OP for a few reasons; experience that content before it is obsolete, the quest chain rewards hefty platinum, PA attunment points every so often, and the end reward is an epic pair of pants. be sure to also do the quests from the world event for some icewatch rep, ISS, PA points and ofc, costumes :P

I would in addition, wholeheartedly agree with primalthrist; there is no rush whatsoever, and just enjoy everything you can.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Clear Ember Isle while doing weekly/daily ISS tasks. Be queued for dungeons the whole time you are doing this. Run dungeons every day. Buy the raid t1 pieces of gear to get you over in Storm Legion till the gear reset. Don't worry about getting perfect gear, just fill in the easy to get slots.

Alternative, can break up Ember Isle questing with the epic Water Saga quest chain. Some nice pieces of loot there too and a free mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Clear Ember Isle while doing weekly/daily ISS tasks. Be queued for dungeons the whole time you are doing this. Run dungeons every day. Buy the raid t1 pieces of gear to get you over in Storm Legion till the gear reset. Don't worry about getting perfect gear, just fill in the easy to get slots.

Alternative, can break up Ember Isle questing with the epic Water Saga quest chain. Some nice pieces of loot there too and a free mount.
    Now what is ISS? :P

Also when you say Water Saga quest chain, are you referring to the planar attunement quest you get or is this completely different?

Could someone also explain to me what are these augmentations that I see everyone has as a buff or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cldmani View Post
    Now what is ISS? :P
    Inscribed Sourcestone. It's the open world currency for buying raid equivalent gear w/o doing raids. Also used to buy the Planar Essences for a source machice. A few other goodies too.

Gained from dailies, weeklies and just doing events.

Basically you need a lot this stuff for lots of things. Forever.

Also when you say Water Saga quest chain, are you referring to the planar attunement quest you get or is this completely different?
    No.

There are 3 epic quest chains in the game: Death, Water and Ember Island [fire]. They start at level 1, 50 and 50. Each leads you all around the world doing some pretty challenging quests at times. Some solo stuff, some dungeons, a raid or two, etc.

Rewards are pretty unique but also can be an easy way to fill in gear gaps. Some of the gear you get is really nice for a new 50. Also, easy crocodile mount. :3

Inscribed Sourcestone. It's the open world currency for buying raid equivalent gear w/o doing raids. Also used to buy the Planar Essences for a source machice. A few other goodies too.

Gained from dailies, weeklies and just doing events.

Basically you need a lot this stuff for lots of things. Forever.

No.

There are 3 epic quest chains in the game: Death, Water and Ember Island [fire]. They start at level 1, 50 and 50. Each leads you all around the world doing some pretty challenging quests at times. Some solo stuff, some dungeons, a raid or two, etc.

Rewards are pretty unique but also can be an easy way to fill in gear gaps. Some of the gear you get is really nice for a new 50. Also, easy crocodile mount. :3
    Alright, now, how would one go about to starting the Water Saga?

Alright, now, how would one go about to starting the Water Saga?
    Complete the Abyssal Precipice Dungeon. you should have gotten a mail in your inbox shortly after dinging 50.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

So I started doing some of chronicles and I gotta say, they are freaking awesome. Managed to join a guild, and someone already crafted me some purple gear, which was awesome of them.

Should i choose Achievement token or just go for the high end tier tokens? The reason i ask is because i can see myself gearing up faster getting the achievement tokens, since you get it by completing expert dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I started doing some of chronicles and I gotta say, they are freaking awesome. Managed to join a guild, and someone already crafted me some purple gear, which was awesome of them.

Should i choose Achievement token or just go for the high end tier tokens? The reason i ask is because i can see myself gearing up faster getting the achievement tokens, since you get it by completing expert dungeons.
    I would say screw the high end tokens at this point as the gear will get replaced in SL soon. Getting the plaques of achievement are the biggest bang for your buck. They can be turned in for planer attumement points which will be useful in SL.

What Azuri said, get whatever gets you gear the fastest. Mix and match, crafted, dungeon, badge and saga gear as you can. Just enough to go into SL with a decent baseline of gear.

There will be a gear reset in SL. By level 56 in SL you are already getting blues that are better than lvlv 50 tier 1 gears.

Alright sweet thats what I was thinking, plus the new dungeon came out today which seems to be way better than some of the stuff I already got with token . Time to spam that dungeon like no tomorrow.

Alright sweet thats what I was thinking, plus the new dungeon came out today which seems to be way better than some of the stuff I already got with token . Time to spam that dungeon like no tomorrow.
    Yeah, the blues in there are better than the gear you can get from the dungeon gear merchant (plaques of achievement), some people have said they are on par with HK gear, but I don't have a valid reference for comparison.

Just be careful, the dungeon is not the easiest; go in with a good guild group.
    Last edited by Antipathy; 2012-10-31 at 02:42 PM.

Yea, I got a plate belt from the new dungeon and it was better than most [all] of the t1 belts iirc. It might have even had more block on it than my own but I disenchanted it w/o too much investigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I got a plate belt from the new dungeon and it was better than most [all] of the t1 belts iirc. It might have even had more block on it than my own but I disenchanted it w/o too much investigation.
    To be expected, It's a lvl 50-52 dungeon and not an expert. I wouldn't expect it drop T2 or T3 equivalent gear. I got my cleric too lvl 55 on the last beta since I don't want to spend to much time on it but the gear drops for questing weren't upgrades. Endurance was bumped up but spell power and wisdom were not. I expect gear replacements around 56 maybe sooner in dungeons.

Welcome to the pre-order club btw.

I say Expert dungeons, solo chronicles, T1 raids - but if you are on for long periods of time.. basically if you have time - Zone events in the (3) 50 zones and in EI are awesomely rewarding. There is a chain quest for the Kelari in Ei that eventually rewards T1 raid pants. Also, there is one in Meridian (this ones a little harder) that rewards T1 gloves - it is the epic fire/earth one.

As far as the new dungeon is concerned - that might be a good idea as well. I saw a Blue bow drop from there that would've definitely been an upgrade from mine if it was DEX based instead of STR based, but its DPS was higher - so im excited to see what else I might snag from there.
    Last edited by slime; 2012-10-31 at 04:52 PM.