Poll: Select

Thread: Red = Dead?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should see my server...it never fails to amuse me.

Over the years it's changed so much there is now a massive population imbalance in the favor of horde. While doing dailies, I regularly see many people of both factions in the area getting their stuff done. I have not even once yet seen any member of either faction attack one of the others while doing dailies. Every day, it amazes me. They even help each other kill some boss quest mobs, so if they happen to get hit it's just a stray aoe and everyone goes on their way afterwards.

I used to stick with the red is dead philosophy for sure, years ago. I can't say I do that anymore. I won't attack someone if they don't attack me first. It just seems to be my server code.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryss View Post
    Yes if we are competing for resources (mining node, herbs, quest mobs), yes if they are engaged killing some of my faction, yes if it a player who ganked me earlier.

No if he's underlevel, no if he is already fighting mobs or below 80% unless he attacked me first.

And I never camp unless he did it first, neither do I /spit /dance on corpse or /laugh at my victims. And I tend to flag as KoS those doing just that.
    i got a question for,

say u were a lvl 90 horde and u saw a lvl 50 monk attack me a lvl 50 alliance monk 1st and hes losing, and runs to you would u kill me?

Great to see the results are so close
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Yes, whatever the situation, whatever my chances of victory are, I will attack.

It's what Garrosh expects of me after all.

I will kill people multiple times if they are stupid enough to be seen by me multiple times, so I guess people probably assume I'm camping them. Truth is I have no intention of camping anyone, but if they flop into my vision repeatedly then they are asking for it. If the Alliance want to live they can skulk in the filth to avoid detection, I'm fine with that since it proves Horde dominance as much as ripping their corpse apart with my tillers knife does.

Oh I use a tillers knife to desecrate the fallen also. It's a me thing.

=Redemption ?

No I do not

and the answer for most people...Yes (if they are at least 2 lvls under me)

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i got a question for,

say u were a lvl 90 horde and u saw a lvl 50 monk attack me a lvl 50 alliance monk 1st and hes losing, and runs to you would u kill me?
    If I would see the start of the fight and saw he started it...you would be killing him with me laughing as he dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    hahahhahah what a silly silly way of looking at it. Don't you understand...if someone like myself was to see you i would HAPPIly gank and camp you for as long as humanly possible and for no apparent reason. You have to take your shot when u get it. If you think being nice to others on a PvP realm on WARcraft is gonna save you then you're delusional. I would actually beeline you harder than anyone else for being such a weak ____.God i would love to "bug" a little carebear like you to the point of uninstallation. Just cull some of the dead weight from the game.
    Pretty much everytime i log on to wow my aim is to harass someone, or some people, to the point of logging off their chars and sending me a message. Ive got a huge collection of screenshots of angry messages. My little trophie collection.
    Well while I don't agree with the person you quoted, I think this might be a helpful link for you http://www.athealth.com/consumer/dis...lf-esteem.html
    "Peace is a lie"

If you were in a war, would you kill the children of opposing side? That said, I only gank people who can fight back.

I literally just bought a realm transfer to a PvE server. Before that: yes. Now: nope, not anymore.
    Torque, Guardian of Cenarius

Only if I'm provoked, such as node stealing, clumsy attacks or aggression. If they decide to attack me, then I'll kill them back and any other members of their guild I meet during that week.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Funny story. I never used to do that. I was minding my own business and never attacked anyone first. As time flew and while leveling my alts, every horde that passed by killed me no mater that I was many lvl's under him. So, now I can't miss an opportunity to get even. If I'm flying somewhere and see "red", it's dead, no mater what.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only hunt people down if they are proving a problem for me. As in, stealing nodes and such. If they just run around minding their own business, then so do I. I'm a man of honor, so I don't spit or do any emotes that may be taunting.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    I never ever attack someone, but if someone dares to attack me and fails, expect to be corpsecamped for 3 hours. I will easily do this if someone pisses me off ;x

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Attack anything that doesn't have a pvp trinket equipped
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    No. I never kill a player of the opposing faction. If I server transfer again I will most likely choose a pve server.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. I play on a PVE server, first of all. If I'm in an area and there also happens to be a flagged Ally there, I still find myself running away even if I'm not flagged myself. If I'm flagged, I sit in a town or stay dead until my flag goes away. I don't ever attack first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Only if I'm provoked, such as node stealing, clumsy attacks or aggression. If they decide to attack me, then I'll kill them back and any other members of their guild I meet during that week.
    Well that escalated quickly.

Anyways, if I see someone of the opposing faction of equal level and can evaluate their gear (through how much hp they have) I go ahead and engage usually just once unless they reciprocate. Low levels are a no go unless they're like a level 85 camping level 20s.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Voted yes, there's a reason I rolled a PvP server.

The only moments I decide not to have the fun is if I know as a fact it will be futile (i.e. my 87 alt against a geared, glad title 90).

Red = ... it depends.

Equal level? Very likely. Below me? Less likely.

Also, if they're fighting NPC(s) then no, I won't attack them. If they're relatively far away, I won't divert to attack them, either.

I aM on a PvE realm so seeing a Horde flagged isn't very common, but if I do then I will nearly always attack them, I won't if they are below L80 unless they are attacking aAlliance cities/towns. But anyone in Pandaria unless I am outnumbered more than 2to 1.

On my Rogue even if I am outnumbered I will attack and then vanish and watch them all run around like the scum Horde they are, trying to find me... I then go and kidnap there nasty little Horde children and kill them.