Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Medjai View Post
    My responses to your bugs good sir

* Load screens are loading up behind your spell bar, and is not clearing your screen first

visual bug isnt game breaking

* WZ heavy lagging

WZs have been lagging since launch deal with it like the rest of us have

* Nova Coast when you Play your the only one in the WZ

have not encountered that yet

* Queing for WZ logs you out!

this bug has been happening since 1.2 there are two ways to "fix" this. 1 log out switch toons then switch back to the toon you want to be on. 2nd if its a instant queue dont leave queue and do so everytime you get queued instantly

* My Guild tab says im guildless even though im in a guild!

hasn't happen to me yet but still not game breaking

* Loosing WZ, in Hutball, even though we have scored more goals

UI error isnt game breaking just reset your UI CRTL U x2

* Bugged dailys in Ilum and BEL, and BH that were supposed to be fixed 2/3 patches back!

bugged dailies arnt game breaking either

Bahahha....why are people who like SWToR normally douches? It's not upto you to decide what is game breaking and what is not. You can say that you like bugs (apparently that's the best BW/EA can do) but don't talk down the OP.

OT: OP find a game that is still supported. If history has taught us anything SWToR is now completely run by EA (because let's face it BW had their shot and they blew it), it will only get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    apparently pointing out bugs makes you a hate monger. just saying.
    Not really, but to call someone death, just simple game-bashing and anything is just the same medal on the other side. You can always choose to be optimistic or pessimistic. Every MMO game will have anytime bugs.

Also, why would it not interessting that there are palyers that encounter not a sinlge of these "game breaking" bugs and other already know the severely mentioned workarounds? There are ways that the computer sucks, windows or just plain your web connection. Not every problem a player has, is always a damn bug. Why I complain about it? I'm software engineer and encounter many ways how a user can fuck up a stable programm.

I don't call upon that the OP has excactly these problems, but to re-install/repair is a very fair solution, yeah maybe a old one, but was never a joke, even 20 yrs before

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Lethorien View Post
    Its death by bugs at the moment for Swtor!

Anyones else having the following problems

* Load screens are loading up behind your spell bar, and is not clearing your screen first
    * WZ heavy lagging
    * Nova Coast when you Play your the only one in the WZ
    * Queing for WZ logs you out!
    * My Guild tab says im guildless even though im in a guild!
    * Loosing WZ, in Hutball, even though we have scored more goals
    * Bugged dailys in Ilum and BEL, and BH that were supposed to be fixed 2/3 patches back!

Im sure all of you can name more! -

Come on BW, its a delecate time, their reputation hangs in the balance and they have butter fingers!

Fueling their own demise with rookie errors! - It just reeks of lack of interest, like their doing the absolute minimum to keep this game alive!!!
    Gamebreaking or not they still bring down the quality of the game. I got tired of all of the bugs like these as well. I quit a few months back after all of the times of being told bugs like this were fixed, and they continued to exist. Hopefully BioWare will get thier shit together. But at this rate the bugs will drive away any returning and new players from F2P, and the game will slide into maintenance mode like that of their failed Warhammer MMO.

One thing does stick out though, the person who said that lag has existed in WZ's since not. It hasnt. It came with the character transfers, and I'm sure it worsened when they merged all of the dead servers. How can you tell someone to deal with the lag when there are other games with fluid gameplay? I didnt like WoW, it wasnt for me when I tried it. But dear god the combat was much more fluid when I tried WoW years ago compared to SW:TOR. And I still read complaints of ability delay, or only triggering the GCD but not firing.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuragisama View Post
    Gamebreaking or not they still bring down the quality of the game. I got tired of all of the bugs like these as well. I quit a few months back after all of the times of being told bugs like this were fixed, and they continued to exist. Hopefully BioWare will get thier shit together. But at this rate the bugs will drive away any returning and new players from F2P, and the game will slide into maintenance mode like that of their failed Warhammer MMO.

One thing does stick out though, the person who said that lag has existed in WZ's since not. It hasnt. It came with the character transfers, and I'm sure it worsened when they merged all of the dead servers. How can you tell someone to deal with the lag when there are other games with fluid gameplay? I didnt like WoW, it wasnt for me when I tried it. But dear god the combat was much more fluid when I tried WoW years ago compared to SW:TOR. And I still read complaints of ability delay, or only triggering the GCD but not firing.
    I always hear this that WoW combat is more fluid, it's really not. SWTOR is the same if not better as you can't LOS people by running through them (got I hated that in pvp with my 200ms Aussie ping - could barely land a spell with a cast time vs melee). I've never had any of the ability delay issues either except for if I really tried to bug it out by mounting and moving too fast. Sometime I wonder if I'm playing a different game to everyone else as I rarely witness anything too detrimental and if I do, it's not as bad as some bugs I've found in other AAA games.

New patch addresses some of the grouping and WZ issues
    http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes
    Last edited by Jalek; 2012-10-30 at 11:53 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    I always hear this that WoW combat is more fluid, it's really not. SWTOR is the same if not better as you can't LOS people by running through them (got I hated that in pvp with my 200ms Aussie ping - could barely land a spell with a cast time vs melee). I've never had any of the ability delay issues either except for if I really tried to bug it out by mounting and moving too fast. Sometime I wonder if I'm playing a different game to everyone else as I rarely witness anything too detrimental and if I do, it's not as bad as some bugs I've found in other AAA games.

New patch addresses some of the grouping and WZ issues
    http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes
    To be perfectly fair, it's really not as fluid as WoW. There's no need to compare the games, because I think SWTOR feels right for the abilities and combat it has...but there is a noticable difference in how the combat feels. WoW is definitely more responsive which is all people really mean when they talk about the fluidity of combat.

TERA is another game that comes to mind in terms of smooth controls. Examples of games with slightly clunkier feeling controls are LotRO and GW2. The games don't all need to feel the same, because after playing all of these games I don't have a problem with any of them.

SWTOR is very close to WoW's fluidity though. I was very impressed once some bugs were fixed and performance adjustments were made to the game. By the same token, TL2 and D3 both feel like the are different levels of responsive, but neither of these elements really affects the gameplay. It's just one of those things to take into account with the larger picture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    These are the kinds of people who order food at a restaurant and don't complain when everything is wrong with it. When I order a large, 6 cheese, extra cheese, thin crust pizza from PJ's....I expect to get that exact pizza. If I get a normal crust pizza with just sauce on it, I'm not going to put my own cheese on it and microwave melt it and then say I made the best of the situation. I just had to use more of my own money to make what should've been perfect, mildly tolerable.

This is the same mentality regarding video games lately and it honestly sickens me.

I really don't see the problem, I don't own the game, I have a license to play the game, there is a big difference between getting what you ordered and playing a game. But actually while we talk about pizza, I once ordered a pizza and got the wrong order delivered, since I was starving I ate the pizza that I had, was one with ansjovis, best pizza ever. Ever since then I always eat that pizza!

So really, try to work with a possitive attitude, perfection is impossible, WoW had bugs for years, yes years. Everyday I get bugged in swotor, do I complain? Sometimes, especially when its my class quests, but I send a ticket, give feedback if they answer and at the end of the day, everyone is happy. I see no need to create conflicts over something like a game bug or wrong pizza delivery. On the other hand when someone says something bad about your other half... hur hur hur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    I really don't see the problem, I don't own the game, I have a license to play the game, there is a big difference between getting what you ordered and playing a game. But actually while we talk about pizza, I once ordered a pizza and got the wrong order delivered, since I was starving I ate the pizza that I had, was one with ansjovis, best pizza ever. Ever since then I always eat that pizza!

So really, try to work with a possitive attitude, perfection is impossible, WoW had bugs for years, yes years. Everyday I get bugged in swotor, do I complain? Sometimes, especially when its my class quests, but I send a ticket, give feedback if they answer and at the end of the day, everyone is happy. I see no need to create conflicts over something like a game bug or wrong pizza delivery. On the other hand when someone says something bad about your other half... hur hur hur.
    It's not about giving feedback and finding things positive, it's about paying for mistakes. If you are ok in your life for paying your money for other people's failures, then you either have too much money and no concept of the value of it, or can't be bothered about anything.

Most consumers are not like you and they shouldn't be. Bugs aren't going to magically make you realize the game is better like the metaphor you used. They are always going to make it worse, because it's not working. It's not a matter of getting simply a 'different pizza', it's that fundamental elements of that pizza are missing even though you paid for them.

It's great if in your personal life these things don't bother you. This is completely fine for you and I'm not seeking to attack that in any way, because it's your choice. It's just ridiculous to expect that of anyone other than yourself.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some bugs benefit the player, so his anchovies still work in a way.

Honestly, you need to get some perspective dude. Every game has bugs. Skyrim is a great example. Or if you want to keep it in the genre, WoW has had bugs since launch (Mage Blink for example). I'm not saying it's OK for programmers to write shoddy code and then never fix it. I'm saying it's something we have to accept and try to work around -- it's part of our hobby. You don't have to embrace them, but you should accept that they're something we just have to deal with in every game.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post

Honestly, you need to get some perspective dude.
    More passive agressive BS from you...totally not like yourself today.

Reread the thread and get your own perspective. Please don't jump on the bandwagon of people lashing out in anger and insults everytime someone complains about this game. THIS IS PART OF WHAT FORUMS ARE FOR. While he could have presented his ideas in a MUCH better fasion, it's still not ok to basically tell him he's a negative nancy and needs to get over it because bugs are sunshine and unicorns and puppy-rainbows.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, it's like you didn't even read my post.

CAPS LOCK means I must have hit the nail on the head.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, it's like you didn't even read my post.

CAPS LOCK means I must have hit the nail on the head.
    Let me sum up your post for you, since somehow your attitude has shifted to being a flamer. "Bugs are in every game, deal with it". Wow. That's enlightening.

Moving on.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Moving on.
    That's all I've been trying to get you to do.

I'm seeing some bugs with AI not resetting your combat stance after you ran pretty much across the map and the group of enemies already evade-reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I'm seeing some bugs with AI not resetting your combat stance after you ran pretty much across the map and the group of enemies already evade-reset.
    That has been around since the game came out for me. I have to stop moving and manually sheathe my weapon to get back into the normal run stance. This is definitely a good example of an awkward, but not bothersome bug for me personally. It is annoying that when I want to put my saber away I have to stop moving, but some people might find it to be an immersion breaking experience.

That has been around since the game came out for me. I have to stop moving and manually sheathe my weapon to get back into the normal run stance. This is definitely a good example of an awkward, but not bothersome bug for me personally. It is annoying that when I want to put my saber away I have to stop moving, but some people might find it to be an immersion breaking experience.
    I found it absolutely annoying because what I did was just run back to the enemy that caused it and kill him. That along with all the other enemies along the way.

Now that I know I can sheathe my weapon and make it go away, all is well with the world again =) thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Now that I know I can sheathe my weapon and make it go away, all is well with the world again =) thanks.
    Oh! Glad I could help. I thought you were saying you knew it was a bug, I didn't know you thought it kept you in combat. I can completely see how that might be confusing, especially coming from any other MMO.

Yes, all you have to do is stop running once the mobs reset and hit the sheathe key to get out of 'combat stance'. There's also a combat indicator that you can move around with the UI customization. As soon as you see it deactivate, you're good.

Oh, no, I knew it was a bug since it doesn't always happen.

I just didn't know you could fix it by sheathing your weapon

Thanks!

Honestly, you need to get some perspective dude. Every game has bugs. Skyrim is a great example. Or if you want to keep it in the genre, WoW has had bugs since launch (Mage Blink for example). I'm not saying it's OK for programmers to write shoddy code and then never fix it. I'm saying it's something we have to accept and try to work around -- it's part of our hobby. You don't have to embrace them, but you should accept that they're something we just have to deal with in every game.
    While it may be something we have to deal with, and I accept that every game has bugs, eventually it gets to the point where you just CAN'T deal with them anymore. Sorry, but I don't like being stuck in an invisible box when I'm in a Huttball match. And this wasn't a once in a while thing. It happened at least once every few Huttballs. And it hadn't been fixed by the time I unsubbed. That's a massive bug. And I find it unacceptable that it couldn't be fixed in the 9 months the game had been out. Also, as for some bugs being a benefit to the player, I'll give you some examples. Lich King encounter. Ensidia figures out that there's a bug in the system and exploits it to beat the Lich King. They get suspended. Several players in GW2 find a bug that allows them to buy materials for ridiculously low value and then turn around and sell it for a shitload of money. They get suspended. Why is it unacceptable for us to use bugs to our advantage in games, but completely acceptable for the companies to put those bugs out in the first place? Are you trying to tell me that in the years (yes, years) that TOR was in alpha/beta, they couldn't find these bugs that we're experiencing now? Because, from what I've seen, people had been bitching about those bugs for a long time before launch.