Poll: Will you pre-order?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will you pre-order Storm Legion?

So I pre-ordered Storm Legion yesterday. Saw the videos for the expansion when they were first released and knew I just had to have it. RIFT has never disappointed me. I'm not in a guild at the moment but the levelling experience and crafting is fun as hell so not really necessary at the moment. Might get into a levelling guild for SL.

Anyway, RIFT scratches the itch that's been with me since I first saw ads for EQ and got well excited. The art direction, storyline and general feel of the game make it a joy to play for me. It's also enough of the old and plenty of the new style MMO. GW2 left a sour taste for me because it didn't incorporate staples of MMOs that I enjoyed. Things usually decried as 'boring' or 'grindy', in the end, do make up some of the necessary elements for me.

I'm looking forward to SL with great anticipation - hence the pre-order. Instead of waiting it out I figured that I'll get my money's worth, if even for the joy of levelling through it alone. So what say ye, have you preordered / will you?

Last edited by Edge-; 2012-11-05 at 02:17 AM.

Deleted
    i have pre-ordered it a month now....its going to be an awesome expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by KtN View Post
    Things usually decried as 'boring' or 'grindy', in the end, do make up some of the necessary elements for me.
    Ha! If only more people grasped this. My preorder is in the bag and has been for some time. Can't wait for the expansion.

Probably gonna get it post launch. I have a lot on my plate right now. Although I'd like to raid in SL the last couple of weeks have changed priorities for me a bit.

Still, I haven't stopped supporting Trion w/ cold hard cash yet.

Where is the option for "If steam would allow me to", not happy about that whole mess.

Pre orded since it was announced

Extremely satisfied with the game. Beyond extremely actually. it has its issues, sure, but value for money has been the highest on the market.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Brother has already. I am not sure if I will. Definitely will be getting it, just not sure if it will be a preorder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KtN View Post
    So I pre-ordered Storm Legion yesterday. Saw the videos for the expansion when they were first released and knew I just had to have it. RIFT has never disappointed me. I'm not in a guild at the moment but the levelling experience and crafting is fun as hell so not really necessary at the moment. Might get into a levelling guild for SL.

Anyway, RIFT scratches the itch that's been with me since I first saw ads for EQ and got well excited. The art direction, storyline and general feel of the game make it a joy to play for me. It's also enough of the old and plenty of the new style MMO. GW2 left a sour taste for me because it didn't incorporate staples of MMOs that I enjoyed. Things usually decried as 'boring' or 'grindy', in the end, do make up some of the necessary elements for me.

I'm looking forward to SL with great anticipation - hence the pre-order. Instead of waiting it out I figured that I'll get my money's worth, if even for the joy of levelling through it alone. So what say ye, have you preordered / will you?
    Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes

When I saw the first trailer, it completley blew me away and at the time little information was released regarding it, I just knew I needed to have it, After playing the beta, it was beyond what I expected, I mean player housing is just out of this world amazing and the new zones have just so much detail and such a good feel to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Although I'd like to raid in SL the last couple of weeks have changed priorities for me a bit.
    Pregnant?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think those of us who were going to pre-order probably already did. ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Had it for a few months already, can't wait to smash my way through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Where is the option for "If steam would allow me to", not happy about that whole mess.
    Just so you know, you'll replace the pre-order cape within all of half an hour after entering the new zones :P
    On topic: I ordered the storm chaser edition several weeks ago - even though I don't have time to play Rift a huge amount between school and volunteering, this expansion is going to be just too awesome to pass up in those spare minutes I can give it

I bought the Storm Chaser edition already!

(That's the buy a year of RIFT, get expansion free promo they have going on)

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I bought the Storm Chaser edition already!

(That's the buy a year of RIFT, get expansion free promo they have going on)
    Same here. I thought that was actually a great deal in the long run.

Deleted
    I considered getting the Storm Chaser but that's a whole lot of commitment there. I hate to say it, but I've been a bit flakey about my gaming lately so I didn't want to cough up the £80 to get in on that. Still, got the Infinity edition with that wicked mount and mini Regulos. I'm hoping the animations on that pet provide some giggles

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Steam is kind of awkward when it comes to MMO titles I find. It's great for single player games, indie stuff, old titles and pretty much everything else but the MMOs with their constant content updates throw it for a loop. Had EvE Online in there for a while but ended up reverting back to the regular old download-and-install to get it working. DDO and LOTRO through there also gave me trouble. Not sure why :S

Thing I'm looking forward to most? The Defiler soul. Holy balls that looks like a ton of fun and something completely new. The harbinger is a cool second

Already done. Gogo yearlong sub deal.

Already have, took the 1year sub deal as soon as it came. So my answer is of course: "WARGLBRLEHEK!"
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

Yeah I got it free with with 1yr sub@119$. (or 6.58$/month + 40$ for expansion). Very good deal.

Already have. Nothing else caught my attention and the next sandbox will be Archage which is easily late 2013. There is very little coming out in terms of new MMOs in 2013. Rift is set for a pretty big explosion in population.

Same mmo derps will unsub because Rift will still be alt unfriendly, but end gamers will cream themselves over this game. The character and time investment with end game in Rift is far deeper then it was for me in WoW or Aion.

Didn't they make the game more alt friendly with shared PA and mentoring?

That's sort of a big deal.