Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ok, I got over my initial disappointment and I'm actually liking it more. I truly appreciate the new maps, they are vibrant and refreshingly complex and multi-layered. It's the one feature in CoD that makes or breaks my experience. The gameplay is bound to be similar to previous installments, no changing that. Even so, I find that the new unlocking system and new perk/attachment/equipment/pointstreak additions are new enough to keep me interested.

I haven't noticed any connection issues, so I guess I'll be glad for that.

Just played some split screen zombies with an old friend of mine. We had an amazing afternoon. It might not be as challenging as WaW, but it still gave us a thrill. Best part was when we jumped down the farm into the subterranean nuclear panic room or w/e, only to find out we couldn't leave without fixing the power source and unable to find an ammo/weapon upgrade. That was downright exhilarating.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2012-11-14 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    Chicom CQB sucks, the SMGs are very strong damage wise but the recoil makes killing people long range hard, whereas im finding ARs to be very good at that, mainly the type 25, perhaps a small SMG nerf is necessary but it's not like they are the model 1887's of BO2..
    I think it's more of the "everyone is using them" scenario. Which makes it seem like they are more powerful because when you die and everyone is using them inevitably it'll look like they are the best for killing since you always seem to die to them. That is kind of how I feel right now because last night a vast majority of my deaths came from the Vector. It's ROF is bonkers and it's HTK is about the same or equal to most of the AR's HTKs (besides the FAL obviously).

I'm forcing myself to use AR's, shotguns and a pure knife build just to be different but it's almost masochistic. Because the second I start dipping lower than the 1.0 KDR range or we start to lose the match I switch to the pdw-57 and smoke people. It pains me though because I like the MTAR and the FAL so much but I hate to be out shot by someone who hip fires their way to victory with a gun that vomits equally damaging rounds at me by the time I ADS and go hot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to ask...

Is sniping viable again? MW3 killed the sniping scene. With only small and very small maps... if you wanted to play competitively, you absolutely did not snipe. Black Ops was pushing it for sniping so I found myself using a commando 90% of the time. It feels like sniping was killed off after MW2... at least in that game I could pull off a 12kd overall while enjoying sniping.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to like the Swat Burst Assault rifle, (3rd unlock i think) but it's so fustrating aiming at peoples upperbody and doing a burst and not killing them in one burst. Especially because of the delay between each burst.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2012-11-14 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I want to ask...

Is sniping viable again? MW3 killed the sniping scene. With only small and very small maps... if you wanted to play competitively, you absolutely did not snipe. Black Ops was pushing it for sniping so I found myself using a commando 90% of the time. It feels like sniping was killed off after MW2... at least in that game I could pull off a 12kd overall while enjoying sniping.
    Sniping is absolutely back. Quick scope works very similar or identically to MW2 which is creating a lot of boohooing (not from me - I find it skillful). There are tons of long lines of site to snipe plus lots of little nooks or nets to find and use. The only big difference is, a lot of the camping perks and whatnot come later in your levels (ghost at 55) PLUS camping perks are riddled with anti camping stuff (ghost only works while moving) and there is a lot of anti camping hardware available (MMS works on non moving targets).

And finally, the Barrett 50 cal and a semi auto sniper rifle unlock at level 4 and both handle quite nicely in a practiced sniper's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I really want to like the Swat Burst Assault rifle, (3rd unlock i think) but it's so fustrating aiming at peoples upperbody and doing a burst and not killing them in one burst. Especially because of the delay between each burst.
    I felt the same, plus adding in my previous rant about smg vs ar really solidifies my lack of using the burst rifles. The FAL on the other hand........ 1-2 HTK is nice as hell, you just have to be accurate and have the perks/attachments that increase ADS speed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    I got the game early and havnt been able to play since the official release... getting servers unavailable, anyone having this problem?
    Everyone on the PS3 is having issues playing online.

It's been 6 hours when the problems for me started and Treyarch says they are busy with fixing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard .50 cal... I am suddenly wanting to get the game now.

My baby is in the game.

I was playing NukeTown and some guy went off the handle accusing me of cheating cause he would shoot me and shoot me and I would not die but I would one or two shot him. He was really irate but I was not cheating the only thing I was using was the beginner sniper rifle and he was using the sub machine guns. I tried to tell him that with sub machine guns the stopping power of them are very low and the sniper rifles are really high. He kept on and kept on and said he would get me banned for cheating but really I doubt he has a leg to stand on about that. I was playing on the xbox btw. I hate it when people get like that but I am not sure what to tell people that really do not know anything about real weapons and swear that we that have high kill/death ratios just know how to play the classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeySapper View Post
    I was playing NukeTown and some guy went off the handle accusing me of cheating cause he would shoot me and shoot me and I would not die but I would one or two shot him. He was really irate but I was not cheating the only thing I was using was the beginner sniper rifle and he was using the sub machine guns. I tried to tell him that with sub machine guns the stopping power of them are very low and the sniper rifles are really high. He kept on and kept on and said he would get me banned for cheating but really I doubt he has a leg to stand on about that. I was playing on the xbox btw. I hate it when people get like that but I am not sure what to tell people that really do not know anything about real weapons and swear that we that have high kill/death ratios just know how to play the classes.
    Never feed the trolls/kids/retards, just ignore them and go on with your day.

the funny thing is everyone else in the lobby was on my side and everyone reported him for the abusive language he was using and I am a real Iraqi Freedom vet I really was getting angry with him so I muted him and he was kicked or logged out. Nerd rage extreme

10+ Year Old Account
    I get hate messages all the time. I don't think that is anything different within the gaming community. In MMOs I get hate messages... in Halo 4 I have constant spam of hate messages. In CoD I swear I had a club that was dedicated to trolling me.

Just finished the campaign, i was very surprised, best campaign since COD4

Tried the campaign. Love the new stuff but the strategy maps are probably the hardest stuff I've seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I want to ask...

I've got the same worries, I played almost solely S&D and almost solely used the Sniper Rifles, MW3 maps made both of those things a hellish nightmare.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just want to know if the PC version is working. Most games that come out on release have broken online multiplayer and I was considering buying this game tonight after work. I remember getting Black Ops 1 on release night and the online was broken. I remember getting World at War as well release week and the online was broken. If only game companies would test their games before release, not surprised though since it's COD after all.

Deleted
    I know a lot of CoD fans really don't care, but I do. I've just finished the campaign in Blops 2, and it is by far the worst campaign, not only from the CoD series but from probably any FPS within the last 10 years. It's terrible. Theres no plot twist, nothing really major happens (That we haven't seen before) and it just feels repetitive. I'm a sucker for CoD campaigns, there's always that point in the game when you pause for a second and wonder how they got away with it, in Mw2, the airport scene was in the news, banned in some countries and actually made me gasp. In blops 2, nothing even remotely close to it. About the height of the campaign is making a choice who to kill by pressing either "F" or "Space". I'm guessing both cases have a similar outcome at the end of it anyway.

The online on the other hand is pretty good, played for a few days and that freshness is still there. Already getting annoyed by the overpowered SMG's though but it's to be expected to be honest, they have always been overpowered and at least it's not as bad as the UMP45 in mw2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp15 View Post
    Just want to know if the PC version is working. Most games that come out on release have broken online multiplayer and I was considering buying this game tonight after work. I remember getting Black Ops 1 on release night and the online was broken. I remember getting World at War as well release week and the online was broken. If only game companies would test their games before release, not surprised though since it's COD after all.
    The game, for me is working fine. This is coming from a guy that black ops 1 didn't work for him for 2 months after release. I would have to say it's up there with some of the best game releases in terms of stability/compatibility and smoothness. I haven't heard really any problems with it so far.

MP7, like in MW3, is OP as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    Nah. There are at least 2 SMG's that are stronger than it, and I have not unlocked them all yet.

Just wondering what people have created so far using the new emblem editor. Here are mine:

Dapper BMO -

Minecraft Creeper -
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    It's identical to the MW3 one which makes it strong but it's not the best. Vector and PDW-57 are super strong in comparison. I'm using a knife build right now. No weapons equipped. Getting a 2.0 or better KDR every match with it (also you get two shock sticks, not one, despite the picture).

Quote Originally Posted by undead9 View Post
    Just wondering what people have created so far using the new emblem editor. Here are mine:

That's mine.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2012-11-15 at 04:39 PM. Reason: spelling