Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Well I just had my first game against a hacker in ground war.... ruined my 39-4 score.. ended with 49-16.. aimbot and shotting through walls and shit.
    The sooner they become public, the sooner Treyarch will put hammers to them. Still, nice score but I expected nothing less from ya.

PS - Add me on steam so we can recreate those baller teams from BF3.

10+ Year Old Account
    OH WHAT?
    They got rid of Nuketown 2025 being perma-played?
    FUUUU TREYARCH.

It's the only good map.
    God damn, when I logged on this morning, I thought it might be down for an hour to two, but permanently, god that's stupid as hell.

I was coming on to say this is the first CoD game I've enjoyed properly, since CoD5. But now, nope, rage time.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

The more I watch kill cam the more I start to think that bullet is colliding with the bounding box of players which is very very primitive method for such game but this is what I get from kill cam. What I mean is the bullet is colliding with a minimal surrounding box of player model. I don't want to believe it but some kill cams are fucking joke...

I thought Black OPS 2 was a much much better than Bops in all aspects. Maybe if Bops 2 had moderated servers it could have been better, but I've heard that Treyarch are clamping down on the hackers. The campaign was really really good. Well the best times during the campaign were when you were actually in missions in 2025. The weapons were really cool and I liked the how they implemented hand grenades. Another cool think I liked about the futuristic setting was it wasn't out of the world unrealistic. I mean I don't really see Halo type weapons coming to fruition by 2025 or any time this generation. The weapons stayed as close to realism as they could and I see a lot of people complaining that it was underwhelming for a game set in the future. Well hellloo there...the game is set like 13 years from today. I hardly see technology making leaps and bounds in terms of progress. Overall it stayed true to the FPS genre and moved from the MW overall feel that I loved the most about the game.

I've come to find the Modern Warfare series to be too much about Navy Seals in black tight suits equipped with silencers and their stealth missions. Black Ops 2 is simply no holds barred and its pretty much barging through the front door and letting all hell break lose.

Quite frankly Bops 2 is a breath of fresh air in the series and the antagonist is very different from the stereotypical villains that have come to be accustomed with COD and their political views and ideologies. It was nice to see a villain actually have some kind of personal vendetta rather than trying to take over the world for once.

holy shit, this Nuketown BS is retarded. Why the fuck would they get rid of it? I would have played it so much more if I had known it was going away. They made it sound like it was a super special permanent perk for reordering.
    FUCK YOU ACTIVISION.
    I hope someone high up at Blizzard plays and is pissed enough to go next door and kick Bobby Kotick square in the nuts.

Honestly, there isn't much that shocks me in the video game world in terms of publishers doing money grabs. However, even though I couldn't give a single shit about this map, this simply astounds me to no end.

Advertise a map as the main deluxe/hardened/whatever edition feature, then completely remove it a couple days after launch. Wow. They don't lose ANYTHING by keeping it in the game. The people that dropped 20 bucks just for one map already paid the fucking money.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Nuketown 24/7 is now coming back as a regular playlist. WOOHOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Olli View Post
    Nuketown 24/7 is now coming back as a regular playlist. WOOHOO!
    No it isn't.

https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/...78379920343040

It's just getting thrown into a playlist that will mess up matchmaking when half have it and half don't.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Atleast it's back! YES! But I really hate that boat level /sigh
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    No it isn't.

https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/...78379920343040

It's just getting thrown into a playlist that will mess up matchmaking when half have it and half don't.
    Everyone who buys it between now and like a month from now will have the new Nuketown map. Its included with theFirst Edition of the game. I got Black Ops 2 like 2 days after release and I got it. Go into any walmart, target, best buy or whatever and pick the game up and flip it over.

Still kind of pissed they took the Nuketown 24/7 playlist out, I barely played it this weekend due to working and now fuck me I can't play it, I swear they said it was supposed to stay around. I mean why the fuck would they say 24/7 when it wasn't out for even 7 days lol.

As much as I dislike the fact that they took away a map they advertised I would just like to point out that Hijack is almost identical to the layout of Nuketown. So, relax, keep complaining on the sites and locations that matter (David V's twitter, treyarch forums), and play Hijacked for your Nuketown itch.

PS - most times Hijacked is picked twice in the rotation by players. Just vote for Previous map during round break.

I wish we could chose character model(like in counter strike) and customize it.

Finally got diamond camo for the shotguns. It was a pain in the ass, but it was worth it.

Thoroughly disappointed in this game.

By far one of the worst ever CoD's to date.

-No dedicated Servers.
    -Every Map just constant small corridors and Sprayfest.
    -SMG's overpowered to hell.
    -Sniper Rifles killing from no scope with ease.
    -The running to aiming system feels clunky as hell, takes ages to pull some guns up to aim even with perks and attachments to reduce ADS
    -SMGs just hipfire so ADS any other type of gun is instant death.
    -Watching Kill cams the hit boxes and "lag tolerance" is nowhere near right.
    -Hit registration seems to be near completely random sometimes (guy hiding behind box, can only see his head, get 5 hitmarkers and no death?)

This entire game is just one giant disappointment, But it is my own fault for buying it after how shitty both WaW and BO1 were.

I guess Treyarch just can't make a proper fucking FPS. They need to just use the same coding as Modern Warfare since at least it runs well. even after all these years.

2/10 would not recommend any of my friends buy it. Ever. Even if it was on sale for $10.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Can anyone confirm that Ghost does not hide you on enemy UAV while shooting without silencer right? So getting Ghost + silencer is not a bad choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Can anyone confirm that Ghost does not hide you on enemy UAV while shooting without silencer right? So getting Ghost + silencer is not a bad choice?
    Ghost only hides your body when an enemy has a UAV up, while moving, as far as I know. You still need a silencer to hide your shots fired from pinging the map regardless of UAV or not.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post

Thoroughly disappointed in this game.

By far one of the worst ever CoD's to date.

-No dedicated Servers.
    -Every Map just constant small corridors and Sprayfest.
    -SMG's overpowered to hell.
    -Sniper Rifles killing from no scope with ease.
    -The running to aiming system feels clunky as hell, takes ages to pull some guns up to aim even with perks and attachments to reduce ADS
    -SMGs just hipfire so ADS any other type of gun is instant death.
    -Watching Kill cams the hit boxes and "lag tolerance" is nowhere near right.
    -Hit registration seems to be near completely random sometimes (guy hiding behind box, can only see his head, get 5 hitmarkers and no death?)

This entire game is just one giant disappointment, But it is my own fault for buying it after how shitty both WaW and BO1 were.

I guess Treyarch just can't make a proper fucking FPS. They need to just use the same coding as Modern Warfare since at least it runs well. even after all these years.

2/10 would not recommend any of my friends buy it. Ever. Even if it was on sale for $10.

Here are my opinions about the things you mentioned:

1.No dedicated does suck but the lobby system in this game is smoking MW's style of matchmaking.

2. Every map is not just corridors. Do you know how often I die to sniper fire? A lot. It's starting to balance out nicely with weapon types. Yes there are corridors but there is just as many open areas and long lines of site. The maps feel very balanced and thought out, which is refreshing.

3. SMGs are not overpowered. I've said this before so I won't go into great detail. They are powerful, yes but not overpowered. They seem broken right now because of two reasons. One, everyone is using them so you die to them the most. Two, run and gun with hipfire is one of the most played styles in COD but there are ways to stop it.

4. No Scope is a skill. It's one of those hate it or love its. I don't mind it but I'm also no good at it so I know it's not just something anyone can do.

5. I've read other people say this about ADS taking a long time to come up but I've ran dexterity and quickdraw with AR's and it comes right up instantly after sprinting. I can't confirm this is a legit complaint or just something repeated by people who hate the game. It's so hard to tell anymore.

6. SMG with laser is powerful as all hell but you play the run and gun game with anything less (except FAL/Shotguns) you should expect it. AR's will out shoot an SMG user firing from the hip if they are decent at aiming.

7. Absolutely agree. Hit box and hit registry is garbage. I get a knife hit marker (which is instant kill) and I turn to sprint away and get shot and killed by the guy I knifed. This happens way more than it should.

8. Agree again. Hit registry is shit and it's annoying.

I wouldn't give the game a 2/10 even if all of those things you complained about were happening constantly but I guess some people can't find the piles of positive things about a game when there are three legit things to complain about.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2012-11-21 at 02:11 PM.

To people who have the game, I have been looking for a new shooter to play, last one I played was Mass Effect 3, and haven't really played a competitive online one i a good while (haven't played battlefield 3, last cod game was MW2, or any indie shooter), so I would like a good competitive shooter to play.

So I was wondering if this is any good (or different from MW2) or if I should go with Halo 4, Counterstrike, or heck even Battlefield 3.

Deleted
    So I was wondering if this is any good (or different from MW2) or if I should go with Halo 4, Counterstrike, or heck even Battlefield 3.
    It's pretty different from MW2. Maps were a change for the worse in my opinion, prepare to die from lots of hipfired SMGs. Haven't played Halo 4 or CS:GO, but I just found BF3 to be a completely PITA, I much preferred BF2.

All personal preference in the end really.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    It's pretty different from MW2. Maps were a change for the worse in my opinion, prepare to die from lots of hipfired SMGs. Haven't played Halo 4 or CS:GO, but I just found BF3 to be a completely PITA, I much preferred BF2.

All personal preference in the end really.
    Hmmm, alright. I may just look at the steam sale for a shooter on sale.