Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I don't know if the spawning algorithm is just bad or whether the map size limits the spawns, but they're pretty awful, Modern Warfare 3 still had the worst spawns however. Honestly, if Treyarch just released some old-style Blops / MW2 maps in the separate playlist, or hell, just released the Black Ops 1 maplist in a separate playlist, most of my concerns would be addressed, but I don't expect it to happen.

about the playlists, i wish they would add more game types to hardcore :< getting bored of FFA and CTF.
    and the guy above said spawning seems fine on pc, maybe its console only, but they are definitely not fine.

also, whats peoples view on engineer/black hat? i personally use it and i say its really overpowered, can destroy sentries, guardians, UAV, attack helicopters easy with no trouble. and convert all other equipment. the blackhat/engineer basically make mines / blaymores / shockcharges completely useless. in the last few days theres seems to be a massive flux of people using it. barely saw anyone with it the last few week or so, then suddenly everyone is using. made me switch back to semtex :<

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post

And two other things, engineer is fucking bonkers with Black Hat and Scavenger. You steal or destroy everything and it nets you massive extra kills and scavenger just replaces the used black hat. It's really broken actually. Ghost is another personal choice over hardline. I used hardline since like ever in every cod I've played but in this game the point streaks feel weaker and ghost ends up making me far more powerful with a run and gun silenced smg build.

Just a few thoughts for you to mull over.

yea this is what im talking about, something will probably get changed soon, buts its a really powerful combo using scavenger/engineer/blackhat, ive got quite a few kills from hacking someones mine while they are standing next to it. especially since the range on it is very far and it can be done through any surface.

Deleted
    also, whats peoples view on engineer/black hat? i personally use it and i say its really overpowered, can destroy sentries, guardians, UAV, attack helicopters easy with no trouble. and convert all other equipment. the blackhat/engineer basically make mines / blaymores / shockcharges completely useless. in the last few days theres seems to be a massive flux of people using it. barely saw anyone with it the last few week or so, then suddenly everyone is using. made me switch back to semtex :<
    I'm hugely thankful. It makes my life in Search and Destroy so much easier, people camping with Claymores in MW2 was my biggest gripe, as I very rarely ran Sit-Rep. It's sorta overpowered I'll admit, but then again, most the Scorestreaks are OP and it helps deal with equipment spam everywhere, so I believe it's pretty balanced in the end. Could just be bias talking however, I love killing people with their own betties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I'm hugely thankful. It makes my life in Search and Destroy so much easier, people camping with Claymores in MW2 was my biggest gripe, as I very rarely ran Sit-Rep. It's sorta overpowered I'll admit, but then again, most the Scorestreaks are OP and it helps deal with equipment spam everywhere, so I believe it's pretty balanced in the end. Could just be bias talking however, I love killing people with their own betties.

i think the most overpowered thing about it is how easy you can take out a guardian or attack helicopter, its like 900 points or what ever for the guardian, and you can destroy it in 2sec without even being able to see it. i dont even use guardian, but i always feel bad for the guy when i destroy his. and yes, it is strangely satisfying when you hack a betty and then get a kill with it.

Im glad the BH/Eng/Scav build is finally getting some light, I only mentioned it like 4 pages ago!

Anyways, I think it's picking up popularity because I'm having people steal my stolen equipment. I find it awesome to run up to a wall and steal two mines, get 2 kills, run in and scavenge the dead and have the black hats refilled. That seems slightly broken. I don't think BH or Engineer combo is broke though, it only becomes complete bullshit after you add in scavenger. Being able to take out air support is the cost of losing your tactical slot but again, it would be balanced if scavenger didn't refill it.

In all honesty, scavenger should not replenish lethal and tactical. You can lay a literal minefield if you spam mines as you loot them. I use scavenger on my ballistic knife build to a) refill knives shot, b) lay mines every where I go, and c) refill BHH. It's far, far to powerful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Olli, first of all I like your videos, this isn't the first I've watched. Second, I disagree with a few of your choices this time around which is odd because I usually try out your styles and like it.

Regardless of the SMG we choose I think it's all based on your play style which I can agree with you on. MSMC is good for you but I feel the Vector and Evo scale ahead in my hands.
    What I disagree with you about is your perk choices. They do not reflect your style of play in the video. Toughness is nowhere near as powerful as Scavenger especially if you're firing from the hip. Using toughness is for ADS builds because that little flinch could cost you the kill. With Hip fire builds (laser site) you could be more deadly running scavenger since it resupplies those beast stun sticks and lethals. The same can be said for Dexterity. Dexterity gives you faster ADS from a sprint and this is a wasted perk if you use hip fire as firing position from sprint (or the majority of the time). Engineer or even Extreme conditioning is better; longer sprint or seeing enemy stuff through walls is superior in my opinion.

And two other things, engineer is fucking bonkers with Black Hat and Scavenger. You steal or destroy everything and it nets you massive extra kills and scavenger just replaces the used black hat. It's really broken actually. Ghost is another personal choice over hardline. I used hardline since like ever in every cod I've played but in this game the point streaks feel weaker and ghost ends up making me far more powerful with a run and gun silenced smg build.

Just a few thoughts for you to mull over.

Spawns seem fine to me on PC.
    Thanks for this. I admit I didn't look into this class a whole lot. It definitely felt rushed and I apologize for that. Wednesday I'm bringing out the ballista video and I promise that this one will be top-notch. I just wanted to push this video out today and it did not work out. I'll level up, unlock all the perks and look into that 'engineer' class, that sounds really fun.

I will get back to you mate, thanks again for your comment.

Posting here because i failed to read a sticky and made myself look silly

Have any of you tried using Select Fire on the An-94? It's awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    ^Happened to me before, made me go O.O

I think I killed someone by hitting them with a sensor grenade once, but I may have been wrong and it was my random tomahawk.

I like how currently there isn't 10/18 in every Ground War using nubetubes.
    But that's probably because they aren't high enough level yet.

I wish Treyarch would get rid of Quick-Scoping, it's my bane, seriously. So freaking annoying when people are good with it.

I actually hate the '10' thing with a passion, isn't enough things to use.

I'm also insanely terrible with the Crossbow in BLOPS2, but I was amazing with it in BLOPS. MAKES NO SENSE

ALSO I HATE THE HITBOX, IT'S STUPIDLY SCREWED.
    ALSO. SPAWNS ON PS3 ARE DUMB.
    The amount of times I've spawned in and instantly been killed because I spawn right next to a group of enemies.

And that damn little moving robot, blah!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I like how currently there isn't 10/18 in every Ground War using nubetubes.
    They've moved to using SMG's because it requires less skill :P

So anyone know why they keep resetting the global leaderboards? It seems like they have reset them every week so far, and yes I have verified I'm on all time (I also checked monthly and weekly) and they all show the same thing, just stuff from the previous Monday Morning and on. They did it last week too.

(This is on 360, btw. I'm curious if the PS3/PC leaderboards have been reset at all?

hi guys, sorry for my noobery, but i thought itd be better to ask here than to start a new thread.

I dont play consoles much anymore, but my bro is getting a ps3 for his bday, and i wanna get him the latest cod, i just want to make sure this is it. So many titles in that franchise, wasnt quite sure which it is. Last FPS i played was counter strike lol.

thanks in advance.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Thoroughly disappointed in this game.

By far one of the worst ever CoD's to date.

-No dedicated Servers.
    -Every Map just constant small corridors and Sprayfest.
    -SMG's overpowered to hell.
    -Sniper Rifles killing from no scope with ease.
    -The running to aiming system feels clunky as hell, takes ages to pull some guns up to aim even with perks and attachments to reduce ADS
    -SMGs just hipfire so ADS any other type of gun is instant death.
    -Watching Kill cams the hit boxes and "lag tolerance" is nowhere near right.
    -Hit registration seems to be near completely random sometimes (guy hiding behind box, can only see his head, get 5 hitmarkers and no death?)

This entire game is just one giant disappointment, But it is my own fault for buying it after how shitty both WaW and BO1 were.

I guess Treyarch just can't make a proper fucking FPS. They need to just use the same coding as Modern Warfare since at least it runs well. even after all these years.

2/10 would not recommend any of my friends buy it. Ever. Even if it was on sale for $10.
    Don't know where you were for the past year, but MW3 is far and away the worst COD/MW title ever released. With the fewest features, least amount of content and WORST MP gameplay ever devised.

BO2 is the first COD/MW since COD4 to run good for me. I'd say 90% of my matches are pretty smooth with very little in the way of "BS deaths".

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    To people who have the game, I have been looking for a new shooter to play, last one I played was Mass Effect 3, and haven't really played a competitive online one i a good while (haven't played battlefield 3, last cod game was MW2, or any indie shooter), so I would like a good competitive shooter to play.

So I was wondering if this is any good (or different from MW2) or if I should go with Halo 4, Counterstrike, or heck even Battlefield 3.
    Battlefield 3 is, beyond any shadow of a doubt, the better shooter. It takes much more skill and forethought to do well in BF3 and the vehicles are amazingly fun to use when you get good at them (and level them up).

Quote Originally Posted by SavageKitty View Post
    I can't describe how much I agree with this statement, and these facts. The maps suck, I can not use any words to express just how much that they suck. Whenever I use anything else than a SMG I get sprayed by someone camping in a corner, or a drop shop, just they fire faster. The hit boxes are just terribad.

I wouldn't have bought this game at a yard sale for 5$ because I hate it so much, hell it's just BO 1.5. It's so repetitive I don't even know why they keep trying.
    Sounds to me like you're just bad at it and trying to justify it by blaming the game. Is it perfect? Hell no, far from it. But if you're using an AR and getting wrecked by SMG users then here's an idea...

... switch to an SMG class.

GASP!

I know, right? It's such a mind blowing secret, but try to contain your shock and give it a go, I promise it'll make your life much easier.

As for repetitive. I find this funny, seeing as we're posting on a sight dedicated to the most repetitive game to ever hit the market. What's more, we're posting in a thread about a game in a series that's changed even less than the aforementioned game.

There is no fanboyism or "CoD"-hating. This game just literally is a piece of steaming shit compared to every other CoD.
    So I was right, you obviously never played MW3.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post

Also, select fire on a FAL is stupid.
    Stupid as in OP or stupid, period? I use it on my FAL classes because it's easier but I can fire it faster manually if I'm in the mood to do so and sometimes I don't even turn on full auto.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so does this game win the "worst spawn points" award?

i dont hate the game, playing it right now.
    Not in my experience but I play dedicated Domination (6v6) and they only get bad when some idiot decides my team needs all 3 flags from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    hi guys, sorry for my noobery, but i thought itd be better to ask here than to start a new thread.

I dont play consoles much anymore, but my bro is getting a ps3 for his bday, and i wanna get him the latest cod, i just want to make sure this is it. So many titles in that franchise, wasnt quite sure which it is. Last FPS i played was counter strike lol.

thanks in advance.
    Yes, this is the newest COD to date (released earlier this month).

How has Black Ops II been doing by sales? Did it outsold MW3?

Thoroughly disappointed in this game.

By far one of the worst ever CoD's to date.

-No dedicated Servers.
    -Every Map just constant small corridors and Sprayfest.
    -SMG's overpowered to hell.
    -Sniper Rifles killing from no scope with ease.
    -The running to aiming system feels clunky as hell, takes ages to pull some guns up to aim even with perks and attachments to reduce ADS
    -SMGs just hipfire so ADS any other type of gun is instant death.
    -Watching Kill cams the hit boxes and "lag tolerance" is nowhere near right.
    -Hit registration seems to be near completely random sometimes (guy hiding behind box, can only see his head, get 5 hitmarkers and no death?)

This entire game is just one giant disappointment, But it is my own fault for buying it after how shitty both WaW and BO1 were.

I guess Treyarch just can't make a proper fucking FPS. They need to just use the same coding as Modern Warfare since at least it runs well. even after all these years.

2/10 would not recommend any of my friends buy it. Ever. Even if it was on sale for $10.
    Sounds like you just arent very good at the game tbh or you want the a copy of a previous COD which would be stupid. Its a new game learn to play it and then maybe you will enjoy. Not every COD has to be the exact same as the last that would be stupid and boring.

Deleted
    Overview of the Ballista, my favorite sniper. I hope you like this one better Justin!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    Sounds like you just arent very good at the game tbh or you want the a copy of a previous COD which would be stupid. Its a new game learn to play it and then maybe you will enjoy. Not every COD has to be the exact same as the last that would be stupid and boring.
    considering everything I wrote has nothing to do with how "good" at the game I am, I fail to see what your statement is meant to show, other then blind "HURR YOU JUST DUN LIKE IT COZ YOU BAD" moronic fanboyism.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

How am I supposed to take League Play serisouly? i'm like 0-3 for placement because i wasn't on the hackers team. Blatant walling. Even his teammates called him out and were pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Olli View Post
    Overview of the Ballista, my favorite sniper. I hope you like this one better Justin!
    I like it just fine actually. I try to play sniper now and again just to mix it up and as it turns out I like the same rifle as you do. Of course I would run similar perks (maybe not engineer) and equipment because they all seemed viable for the build.

I run dexterity on my build rather than tact mask/engineer/greed3 because of quick scope capabilities. This leaves a point open for 2 attachments on the rifle for FMJ, quickdraw or even adjustable stock.... hell you could even double up on stun stick.

Good video and nice shots. I've also added you on steam so we can roll people together =D

Deleted
    Come on guys we need more discussion here! Updating you with a shotgun overview, I encourage you all to try out this amazing weapon. It increased the fun in black ops 2 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Olli View Post
    Come on guys we need more discussion here! Updating you with a shotgun overview, I encourage you all to try out this amazing weapon. It increased the fun in black ops 2 for me.
    That gun is awesome. I went ahead an used it last night after seeing your video and it turned out great. I used a different build with perks but only slightly. Sadly no one was using equipment so I had nothing to hack; the downfall to engineer/hacker I guess. Either way I'm uploading the clip to youtube now, I'll post it after.

Here is my my most recent highlight clip from a bloodthirsty final kill, all knife, one right after the other.