Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Here is my my most recent highlight clip from a bloodthirsty final kill, all knife, one right after the other.
    Apparently you can viably knife stuff. On the 360 it's completely impossible, I've had countless times where I've flew through people whilst trying to knife them, as well at minute long knife duels where you're constantly spamming the knife at one another and not getting a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Apparently you can viably knife stuff. On the 360 it's completely impossible, I've had countless times where I've flew through people whilst trying to knife them, as well at minute long knife duels where you're constantly spamming the knife at one another and not getting a hit.
    Knife (on PC at least) is extremely viable on certain maps. Also, I had just prestiged or that would have been with my gold Ballistics knife instead of combat and getting gold ballistics is fucking mind numbing (25 kills with a retrieved ballistics blade /wrists). Sucks that it's not as decent on consoles. I personally switch to it when I'm too drunk to care about winning anymore and it pays off in the long run.

Here is the MCS video (fixed):
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2012-12-15 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olli View Post
    Come on guys we need more discussion here! Updating you with a shotgun overview, I encourage you all to try out this amazing weapon. It increased the fun in black ops 2 for me.

Think you have added a lot of cool stuff but I think you have completely left out Assault Rifles. Would really appreciate a decent Assault Rifle build. Thanks.

Deleted

knife on the 360 sucks, sometimes you seem to lunge forward and hit people 3ft in front of you, other times it misses the guy right infront of you. ive given up trying to knife people, easier to shoot them.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    knife on the 360 sucks, sometimes you seem to lunge forward and hit people 3ft in front of you, other times it misses the guy right infront of you. ive given up trying to knife people, easier to shoot them.
    That's one of the best thing 3arch did is remove that lame knife lock on BS. I play on 360 with the tactical layout (dropshots make people rage SOOOO hard) and only knife when I want to stay hidden near the enemy spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Think you have added a lot of cool stuff but I think you have completely left out Assault Rifles. Would really appreciate a decent Assault Rifle build. Thanks.
    What kind of assault rifles do you like? The FAL is great. the SMR is great. The SCAR is great. The SWAT is Great. I play with a guy who only uses the M8 (I think that is what the 4 round burst is called), and another who only uses the M27. The only one that really doesn't do work is the MTAR.

If you are using a full auto, then you probably want foregrip and a stock (never stop moving). If you like to go slowly, and take out things at range, then the FAL or SMR are probably your go-to guns, and you want Target Finder and FMJ's, probably.

Perks are going to be Ghost if you move, Hardline if you dont, Scav if you can get a couple kills without dying or like to camp, and then I prefer engineer for my last perk so I know where people are.

@870 -> It is still a great gun but sometimes I get OHKs at what I consider 'shotgun range' and sometimes I don't anymore. It seems very inconsistent after the patch. I prefer the third one, the one with the slug. Get good with that thing and hear screams of rage as you take people out from beyond what they feel is 'shotgun range'.

Also, how do you get the diamond skin on the tac knife? I've heard you have to get diamond on all the specials, can anyone confirm/deny that? I'm really not looking forward to doing the riot shield, it is absolutely horrible this time around (I loved it in MW2).

Not liking the changes on the betties, they were already easy enough to avoid. I wish with the change to the height they changed them to go off at waist height so you have to drop to the ground to avoid them. Or possibly jump at the right time, that would be entertaining.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 02:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Knife (on PC at least) is extremely viable on certain maps. Also, I had just prestiged or that would have been with my gold Ballistics knife instead of combat and getting gold ballistics is fucking mind numbing (25 kills with a retrieved ballistics blade /wrists). Sucks that it's not as decent on consoles. I personally switch to it when I'm too drunk to care about winning anymore and it pays off in the long run.

Here is the MCS video (still uploading apparently):
    Oh god watching that video makes me sick. The screen is flopping around way too much. Do you actually play like that or is that some sort of effect you added with the video software? I had to stop watching at about the minute mark as I was starting to feel like I was going to throw up.

You can knife stuff on the 360. panic-knife was nerfed hard, and nerfed again in the latest patch, but it is still viable. If you pull out the knife you can easily get a streak knifing, people don't know what to do.

And I've been working on getting my Ballistic Knife gold by playing sticks and stones. That is a really fun game-type, the people in it are pretty good and not assholes, and since people aren't camping with shotguns in corners and whatnot it isn't anything like as hard to get your kills and streaks with a crossbow or ballistic knife. It is especially fun when there is like 6 of you in one small part of the map and everyone is jumping around trying not to get hit by throwing axes.
    Last edited by obdigore; 2012-12-13 at 07:02 AM.

Deleted
    You can knife stuff on the 360. panic-knife was nerfed hard, and nerfed again in the latest patch, but it is still viable. If you pull out the knife you can easily get a streak knifing, people don't know what to do.
    Complete bollocks. The knife is completely unreliable on the 360. I run knife only time to time, as I have done since MW2, and Black Ops is the -worst- iteration of the knife so far. I cannot even begin to count the number of times I've literally flown through someone and not hurt them whilst trying to use the knife. The lag compensation on the 360 makes things a nightmare for me, due to the fact I have a pretty solid connection.

Complete bollocks. The knife is completely unreliable on the 360. I run knife only time to time, as I have done since MW2, and Black Ops is the -worst- iteration of the knife so far. I cannot even begin to count the number of times I've literally flown through someone and not hurt them whilst trying to use the knife. The lag compensation on the 360 makes things a nightmare for me, due to the fact I have a pretty solid connection.
    nah. You just have to actually hit them, even with the tac knife, instead of being able to knife people not even on your screen as it used to be. I almost always 4bar, and I can tell when I host because that is the only time lag comp hits me. I prefer to not host but 4bar as I do much better like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Thanks. In the next patch Assault Rifles are going to be buffed, I will check it out. Might do one tomorrow if I find the time. Not sure if you are subscribed or not but make sure to hit that button so you are updated when the new one is out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    -No dedicated Servers.
    -Every Map just constant small corridors and Sprayfest.
    -SMG's overpowered to hell.
    -Sniper Rifles killing from no scope with ease.
    -The running to aiming system feels clunky as hell, takes ages to pull some guns up to aim even with perks and attachments to reduce ADS
    -SMGs just hipfire so ADS any other type of gun is instant death.
    -Watching Kill cams the hit boxes and "lag tolerance" is nowhere near right.
    -Hit registration seems to be near completely random sometimes (guy hiding behind box, can only see his head, get 5 hitmarkers and no death?)
    This sounds like this is your first CoD.

1) Dedicated servers were in Mw3, they were terrible, wasn't much better on CoD4 or Blops 1 either. On a xp ranking game it just doesn't work. Xp hackers fuck up your stats. They disable xp and then people complain about it, there is no win-win for this.
    2) Same thing for CoD for the past 4 years.
    3) SMG's have always been overpowered in all CoD
    4) Remember intervention from Mw2? Any autosniper from...any game?
    5) Takes about as long as any other CoD to ADS.
    6) This is a playing style issue, I have no problems killing people while ADS with my m27.
    7) 8) hit detection is off a little, but apart from CoD4, it always has been.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-12-14 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just bought this for PC, it'll be my first time playing CoD online since WaW *gulp*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    Just bought this for PC, it'll be my first time playing CoD online since WaW *gulp*

If you've played it yet how is it for you? i also have it for pc and all the games i join are extremely laggy which shouldn't be the case seeing as i have a decent ISP and a good gaming rig.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Oh god watching that video makes me sick. The screen is flopping around way too much. Do you actually play like that or is that some sort of effect you added with the video software? I had to stop watching at about the minute mark as I was starting to feel like I was going to throw up.

And I've been working on getting my Ballistic Knife gold by playing sticks and stones. That is a really fun game-type, the people in it are pretty good and not assholes, and since people aren't camping with shotguns in corners and whatnot it isn't anything like as hard to get your kills and streaks with a crossbow or ballistic knife. It is especially fun when there is like 6 of you in one small part of the map and everyone is jumping around trying not to get hit by throwing axes.
    Apparently there is an added visual effect that youtube decided to add on it's own (the moving black square around the outside).

While I play rather rapidly looking around, that video thingy is not supposed to be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AznMadness View Post
    If you've played it yet how is it for you? i also have it for pc and all the games i join are extremely laggy which shouldn't be the case seeing as i have a decent ISP and a good gaming rig.
    Sorry hadn't checked this thread all day. I've played about 7-8 games and only one 2 or 3 of them had terrible lag, seemed to play pretty well.

Hello, i'm thinking to buy this game but have a question, do you need Steam account to play online?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evenstarr View Post
    Hello, i'm thinking to buy this game but have a question, do you need Steam account to play online?
    Yep
    10char
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Evenstarr View Post
    you need a steam account to play it period even single player. (i've always had a steam account).

I dont know if it's just me but as of late (read: every single new match) there is an abundance of players who have above 2.0 KDR in the lobbies (on PC).

Now, I've been playing COD's since MW1 and I'd like to say that this seems a bit askew from the normal. So either the match making is actually placing me with these people because my KDR (1.74) is close and they feel it's competition OR somehow and suddenly a mass amount of players have this crazy KDR.

Now I think I found one reason to explain some people: I played a TDM where a guy sat in one spot all map camped up super tight with 2 mines and 2 stuns and got an amazing (sarcasm) score of 9 and 1. His team lost horribly but I noticed he had a really high KDR overall. Is that a form of boosting? I'm not shitting on his style of play, it's fun to him so that's fine, but it seems almost like a form of boosting.

Now that I think about it, I guess KDR doesn't matter in the long run, it's all about the wins. The issue lies in that KDR is a form of ranking in the community sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    No nuke or MOABs in BO2?

Keep hearing silly rumors about it.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    No nuke or MOABs in BO2?

Keep hearing silly rumors about it.
    I believe there is a moab thing at 30 kills (Support kills don't count) but I have yet to see it, only hear rumors.