Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    why did they remove hardcore FFA? only game type i liked playing dont have to rely on my team mates to actually play well.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I dont know if it's just me but as of late (read: every single new match) there is an abundance of players who have above 2.0 KDR in the lobbies (on PC).

Now, I've been playing COD's since MW1 and I'd like to say that this seems a bit askew from the normal. So either the match making is actually placing me with these people because my KDR (1.74) is close and they feel it's competition OR somehow and suddenly a mass amount of players have this crazy KDR.

Now I think I found one reason to explain some people: I played a TDM where a guy sat in one spot all map camped up super tight with 2 mines and 2 stuns and got an amazing (sarcasm) score of 9 and 1. His team lost horribly but I noticed he had a really high KDR overall. Is that a form of boosting? I'm not shitting on his style of play, it's fun to him so that's fine, but it seems almost like a form of boosting.

Now that I think about it, I guess KDR doesn't matter in the long run, it's all about the wins. The issue lies in that KDR is a form of ranking in the community sadly.
    I'm up to 2.25 KDR, and yes, with scavenger you you refill your equipment again so it is easy to camp if you so desire. Of course you dont get scav packs on people that die to your equipment (which is frustrating when you throw a combat axe because you are so low on ammo, but I digress) so that makes it more difficult than in MW2. You also don't get scav packs from every enemy, they only spawn when the person that killed the enemy had scav on. I don't think it is boosting since it is camping. My KDR is actually lower in this one than it has been in any of the MW series (except MW2 at the end where I used nothing but the riot shield).

Anyway, I tried the TDM League thing, I got put into silver after going about 30-10 in my 5 ranking games. We lost all 5 games because I had numerous people on my team who went 0-10 or worse. The ranking system is odd since the TDM League is solo ranking but you are dependent on your team to get wins.

So I'm about to prestige, just hit rank 55. Time to figure out what gun I want to take along. Normally this decision would be easy for me, cuz a single gun stands out that I fall in love with. But this time, there's a few. I LOVE sniping. Sniping is my jam. But every so often I run around with an assault rifle or SMG and rush people hardcore. What do you guys think I should prestige to take along with me? The Ballista or AN-94. I could probably deal with the DSR 50 till I get the Ballista, but the Ballista is definitely a step up from it. The AN-94 is far and wide one of my favorite guns. But I don't use AR/SMG guns nearly enough so I'm not sure if it's worth it. Which gun should I prestige guys?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    So I'm about to prestige, just hit rank 55. Time to figure out what gun I want to take along. Normally this decision would be easy for me, cuz a single gun stands out that I fall in love with. But this time, there's a few. I LOVE sniping. Sniping is my jam. But every so often I run around with an assault rifle or SMG and rush people hardcore. What do you guys think I should prestige to take along with me? The Ballista or AN-94. I could probably deal with the DSR 50 till I get the Ballista, but the Ballista is definitely a step up from it. The AN-94 is far and wide one of my favorite guns. But I don't use AR/SMG guns nearly enough so I'm not sure if it's worth it. Which gun should I prestige guys?
    The AN-94 is mehtastic compared to the DSR50, then the Ballista. SMG-wise you need the MSMC or the Scorpion Evo 3. Best Shotty is the KSG for medium range maps and the first one for close stuff.

Honestly, I would unlock a perk or equipment you use more than a gun. MP7 works, the SWAT works, the DSR50 works...
    (I unlocked Ghost and then Scavenger and then Claymores with my first 3 prestiges.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    I mistakenly unlocked a gun on my first prestige. The reason I say mistakenly is because there are plenty of decent starting weapons that carry you through until you unlock the gun you like to use. I unlocked Scorpion Evo only to realize that I can use the MP7 until I get MSMC. And, since all of your attachments are already unlocked when the gun unlocks again at the right level, you just go right back to using it where you left off (unless you specifically prestige the weapon but that is another story).

So unless you simply can not play without a high level weapon (the AN-94 for example) then I would say unlock a higher level perk you use on a majority of your builds. I've now unlocked Scavenger and Engineer and Black Hats and I don't regret it at all.

Deleted
    Has anyone spotted this easter egg yet?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    why did they remove hardcore FFA? only game type i liked playing dont have to rely on my team mates to actually play well.
    It was removed because people where asking about more game modes on hc, but one thing they didn't relize is that people didn't want any of the current once to be remove just to have more options
    I currently play kill confirmed hc and the xp gain is crazy, I got like a whole presige lvl in like 5 hours on the double xp weekend, but with a 3.2kpd you'll get good xp regardless of gamemode :P

This COD game suprisingly is pretty good. I was praying for a 3rd person game mode like in MW2 but sadly didn't get it

But otherwise the maps are fun and interesting and tons of fun to play with the new create a class system, and the new scorestreaks are pretty balanced.

Oh and my favorite weapon setup is pretty beast: FAL with select fire and laser sight with supresser. Can hipfire like a champ and out snipe snipers. I expect a nerf soon.

meh game. really mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Radonn View Post
    meh game. really mediocre
    What a great contributation to this thread!

Black ops 2 is one hell of a game. World at war and black ops 1 were pretty crappy games overall. Treyarch is known for making the crappy games in the CoD franchise (that doesn't say much I know). But black ops 2 is surprisingly awesome. All the guns feel unique, very balanced. Few things could use some tweaking... but that's like EVERY game EVER made. So I have no issue with that. For the most part, all the maps are great. Few are shitty that I dodge. But I like a lot more maps in this one than any of the other CoD games. Overall, 9/10!

Well it looks like the first map pack comes out January 29th for xbox, and contains 4 multiplayer maps and 1 zombie maps. It also has a new weapon, the peacekeeper smg.

http://i.imgur.com/z9AqI.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/SZWyf.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/b85sa.jpg

Deleted
    New DLC leaked, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Olli View Post
    New DLC leaked, what do you think?

Looks good. Side note I'm currently rank 45, need 10 moar for the beast AN-94 rifle ;3

Deleted
    So i've spent a good few hours on the PC version of BoPs2 now, probably at least 250+.

Whilst i can wrack up good scores, the absolutely absurd scores like http://www.youtube.com/user/WeAreAMPClan/videos?view=0 just don't seem achievable on PC.

I play DOM almost exclusively, my most kills without death is 27 and my highest killcount in one game is around 80. I'm yet to be in any game where someone has surpassed 80 kills.

Now i'm not saying i'm some godlike COD player and should be expecting to get 100+ game plays but to have never even see anyone approach this feat on PC is interesting.

I'm guessing that its either that fact that the console communities are far larger, meaning you're more likely to get lobbies with very poor players in to capitalize on, or that using a controller rather than mouse/keyboard requires more finesse, meaning that if you are accurate with that control method you have a distinct advantage over the competition?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the deal with League Play? We were supposed to get some cool stuff at the end of Season 1, but we got nothing!

Also, I must say the whole league ranking system is retarded for solo players. The matchmaking system was supposed to put you in a lobby with people of similar skill, but you get placed into teams with players far below your skill. If it wasn't league, i wouldn't care. However, when your team is pulling you back with 0.1-0.4KDR (compared to your 2.5+), you are unable to win and progress on the ladder.

Somehow it feels like they introduced the league just as another way of good advertisment for the game pre-launch.

Made a new playercard that I'm pretty happy with and since I get a lot of comments about it in game I figured I would post a picture here to share.

On my MSMC:

ADS, same gun:

And on the M8A1:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Made a new playercard that I'm pretty happy with and since I get a lot of comments about it in game I figured I would post a picture here to share.

On my MSMC:

ADS, same gun:

And on the M8A1:

Nice one, love it!

Relevant to playercard creation:

Quote Originally Posted by Feddian View Post
    What's the deal with League Play? We were supposed to get some cool stuff at the end of Season 1, but we got nothing!

Also, I must say the whole league ranking system is retarded for solo players. The matchmaking system was supposed to put you in a lobby with people of similar skill, but you get placed into teams with players far below your skill. If it wasn't league, i wouldn't care. However, when your team is pulling you back with 0.1-0.4KDR (compared to your 2.5+), you are unable to win and progress on the ladder.

Somehow it feels like they introduced the league just as another way of good advertisment for the game pre-launch.
    I commented on this earlier. The TDM league seems to gauge your performance with the overall factor being wins and then how well you do. I went better than 4-1 with well over 20 (normally over 30) kills in my 5 ranking games and I got put in the silver league because the other people were all going like 1-15. The Ranking for the League in TDM is a joke, unless you play with a team the entire time.

@Justintime -> That is a great Fry and an amazing Penny Arcade.