Acceptable tank dps on elegon?

Just wondering what the standard is on elegon for tank dps?

We're getting into the last phase and I'm pulling around 60k dps while the bear tank is down around 40k dps. Are bear tanks generally lower on dps vs. prot pallies, or does he have room to improve? Gear level is the same and we're getting around the same amount of time main tanking the boss.

Thanks

Deleted
    I did just above 85k on my protection paladin with 471 ilvl. That's heroic though. Normal you should be pulling at least 60k on any tank I think, depending on gear level of course.

On our last kill prot warrior did 107k dps and guardian druid 84k. Your numbers looks pretty low...

60k is par, 40k isn't. I know you'll get claims that people did 3mill dps etc but trst me, 60k is fine :P

Bear in mind this is for a guild still working on normal mode not lasting out the entire final phase (only getting around 10-20 seconds at the end before healers are oom and people start dying).

Either way thanks for the answers, if there are bears with a less extreme margin then he has some ground to make up.

If you want logs from our fights PM me. Maybe yours guardian finds out sth usefull.

You have to remember your dps will be highly dependent on how many sparks you kill in the first transition the most. You do the most amount of damage at the end of the fight so comparing against "kill shots" is all well and good but only use it as a general idea. You won't be hitting your "peak" average damage until the boss is at <20% with full debuffs taking the most amount of damage after you blow Lust in that final phase.

15+ Year Old Account
    that's really not a good benchmark for those that don't get the kill as they will be comparing the fight up to a point where maybe they only got 4 sparks toa kill that could have up to 8 sparks and WAY more output especially with lust cd's )execute in some cases).

Pretty sure there question is what should tanks be doing at about the midpoint of the fight not at the end with all the dmg boosts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    that's really not a good benchmark for those that don't get the kill as they will be comparing the fight up to a point where maybe they only got 4 sparks toa kill that could have up to 8 sparks and WAY more output especially with lust cd's )execute in some cases).

Pretty sure there question is what should tanks be doing at about the midpoint of the fight not at the end with all the dmg boosts.
    All of which you can check on WoL. Find a guild with a high rank. Check their first kill. Set the time selection to wherever you want.