Poll: Favorite Zelda Game

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Favorite Zelda game

What is your favorite Zelda game?

Mine would have to be, and there may be a little bias but all opinions are, Wind Waker. Something about that game captivated me to complete it when I was younger unlike other Zelda games. The vastness of it makes other Zelda games look small in contrast. The soundtrack... Oh that soundtrack, it has a special place in my heart for some of the best Zelda music to ever exist, in fact it is some of the best music to exist overall in my opinion. First Zelda game to really give Zelda an actual lore or lets say it explains everything a lot more into detail. I know Ocarina and MM had lore but not like Wind Waker because Wind Waker built off of those two and made it even better.

Now I know most people consider Ocarina the best and I think it's one of the best games ever too but Wind Waker takes the spot for #1 Zelda game for me. To restate... What is your favorite Zelda game?
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Majora's Mask, the best game ever in my opinion.

Majora's Mask (by far), followed by Skyward Sword, followed by Ocarina of Time. Wind Waker would have been up with Skyward Sword if it weren't for the excessively long sailing scenes (it isn't bad in short periods- but there are far too many points where you're just sailing long, empty distances). Twilight Princess was just boring to me for some reason, but maybe I'll try it again. Ocarina of Time was my first game, and I haven't played the earlier ones for consoles.

For the handhelds, I really liked the Oracle games and the Minish Cap. A Link to the Past was also very good, but I can't really remember Link's Awakening- I remember liking it a lot apart from a gamebreaking issue in the last dungeon (I think it was in this one), but I lost my copy years ago and can't remember details. The touch screen ones were okay, but felt really gimmicky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    Majora's Mask (by far), followed by Skyward Sword, followed by Ocarina of Time. Wind Waker would have been up with Skyward Sword if it weren't for the excessively long sailing scenes (it isn't bad in short periods- but there are far too many points where you're just sailing long, empty distances). Twilight Princess was just boring to me for some reason, but maybe I'll try it again. Ocarina of Time was my first game, and I haven't played the earlier ones for consoles.

For the handhelds, I really liked the Oracle games and the Minish Cap. A Link to the Past was also very good, but I can't really remember Link's Awakening- I remember liking it a lot apart from a gamebreaking issue in the last dungeon (I think it was in this one), but I lost my copy years ago and can't remember details. The touch screen ones were okay, but felt really gimmicky.
    If it were just handhelds it would probably be Minish Cap, technically LttP isn't a handheld but it's whatever way someone can perceive it.
    Hey everyone

Darksiders is the best "Zelda" type game

Majoras was the best by far.

Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are pretty much tied for first place with me.
    I used to be enthralled with Ocarina of Time, until I played it for the 3DS, and realized how much more I longed for Majora's Mask.
    And Wind Waker was just hands-down-fucking-amazing.

I guess that's right, but I played the GBA remake of it, so I've always thought of it as a handheld title and often forget it was on consoles first.

Edit: Supposed to be quoting Duronos

I loved the goron mask so much.. just roll around termina fields picking up magic power from the grass i smashed and if i ran outta grass id reload >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    I guess that's right, but I played the GBA remake of it, so I've always thought of it as a handheld title and often forget it was on consoles first.

Edit: Supposed to be quoting Duronos
    I'm actually playing it on GBA too currently, great replay value specifically for that Zelda title, no clue why.
    Hey everyone

I have a sweet spot for Twilight Princess. It's somewhat special from an artistic standpoint and has a particularly dense atmosphere.

Oracle of Seasons/Ages. They were the first two Zelda games I ever beat. I'd also want to say Link's Awakening, but getting spammed with "Whoa! This looks pretty heavy! You might not be able to lift it wit just your bare hands..." is NOT my idea of a good time.
    I am the BEASTMASTER. What are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's like saying "Why train up as a football team and go and play in the World Cup, when any random groups of people are playing Football down the park all the time! Footballs too accessable for everyone, GZ Blizzard!"

Link to the Past is the only Zelda game that I have played and enjoyed, so it wins by default.

I remember Windwaker, it was sick as fuck.

But I voted Skyward sword, it was so cool to swing my Wii remote around for the sword and weapons, and the zones were great as per usual.

Always found it a bit ironic how upon release, everyone seemed to hate Majora's Mask. Years later however it became very popular.

For nostalgia purposes I'd have to say Ocarina of Time. Was my first Zelda game and I have great memories of it. My overall favorite game however is probably Skyward Sword.

Regret never playing Link to the Past back in the day. Unfortunately we owned a Sega back then and not a SNES.
    Last edited by UnknownSoldier; 2012-10-29 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Adventures of Link (Zelda 2).

Hater's gonna hate.

I also liked the GB series (Awakening, Oracle of Seasons/Ages), because it added jumping to the top-down games. I didn't enjoy the GBA/DS games for some reason. Nostalgia whoring about the Wind Waker Link (blonde, cartoonish) vs Original Link (brunet, serious) maybe. I enjoyed Wind Waker, but I didn't like how they basically lumped blonde link to be clumsy, brave, and "'animated" whereas brunet link seems naive, brave, and serious.

The only reason I liked the 3D versions of the games is because it added the elements of exploration and vastness. I really hated Majora's Mask because the whole premise of the game is basically an anxiety test, but that's the only reason I hated it.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2012-10-29 at 06:17 PM. Reason: name corrections
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Majora's Mask, the best game ever in my opinion.
    QFT

/10chars

Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. Hard, fun gameplay, easy controls. I also played Link's Awakening, a little of both NES parts and A Link To The Past and last year, Ocarina of Time on an emulator, though I always thought N64 controls are simply abyssmal.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

I hate having to chose really, if I had had HAD to pick, it'd be Majoras Mask.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite Zelda game is Okami.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.