[Frost] Simulationcraft DW 121k Dps o0 how is it possible

Whats doing about DW? why is dmg from DW is so big in simulationcraft i see 121k o0 what is change on DW? What about 2h now is sux ? I see the Blood Tap is change now on tier 5 in talent this is give so much boost? i read on elitistjerks is now the best dk spec but when ? when we have biss gear?

Looks like the priority list has been changed a bit.

This sim is using blood tap to convert unholy runes to death runes for howling blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Looks like the priority list has been changed a bit.

This sim is using blood tap to convert unholy runes to death runes for howling blast.
    Wasn't that the most optimal way to use blood tap? I mean you don't want Blood tap activating a Death rune and turning it in to a death rune, same with frost runes (since you use both for HB). Granted there is RNG involved with what gets activated, but having a Unholy rune become a death rune is the most optimal.

Yes, using blood tap to convert unholy runes is the ideal way to use blood tap.

The question that matters is whether that's more dps than just using RE and gaming frost runes.

I get 114k right now with BiS T14H gear in the Simcraft profile list. That's not even that far fetched either.

I can do ~90k with a mix of current MSV normal gear/VP gear and like 1 heroic piece. Not sure where 121k came from though?

Deleted
    Seems a little bit too high.

Its not. The BT priority was incorrect initially, its been fixed and is indeed showing 120k+ dps

Really, what profiles are you using? I use mine (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...whomp/advanced) and it is 80K. If I use plague leech it goes to ~83K and with blood tap, the same. Do you use BiS gear?

Deleted
    It's a simulation with BiS gear, ofc.

dw masterfrost with blood tap is back?
    just use obliterate for the unholy rune and frost strike every km,rims and use howling blast with death runes who agree?i missing 1 dual wield
    also soul reaper is way better in dw than 2h
    Last edited by Gabbynator; 2012-10-31 at 06:38 AM.

Just out of interest, has anyone tried simming the priority for blood tap DW with Runic Corruption? I would like to see how this sims.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    also soul reaper is way better in dw than 2h
    No it isn't. It hits for exactly the amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    No it isn't. It hits for exactly the amount.
    It fits much better into the rotation of DW. Not that it's a problem for most people keeping an eye on their swing timer, but DW also loses much less DPS using SR mid-swing than 2H does which allows for a more relaxed playstyle.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason dw's dps has been reduced to 117k on simcraft, it's still better than 2h but anyone knows the reason of this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    It fits much better into the rotation of DW. Not that it's a problem for most people keeping an eye on their swing timer, but DW also loses much less DPS using SR mid-swing than 2H does which allows for a more relaxed playstyle.
    This.

On topic, SimC is most certainly low balling it as it always has for DK's. Expect to see 140k+ in full BiS from Frost DK's, and 2h will still be doing more DPS than DW. SimC is wrong in saying Runic Empowerment is better for any spec, not just DW.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always take Sims with a grain of salt.

Sims can't factor in human error, you won't always have complete uptime on procs, rng, etc. It is completely possible to do that much, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
    Always take Sims with a grain of salt.

Sims can't factor in human error, you won't always have complete uptime on procs, rng, etc. It is completely possible to do that much, however.
    In fact it can factor in human error, and does so for a lot of things.

Of course it will play pretty efficient by default ( and the skill setting is not very good to compensate for that ), but that doesn't mean it won't miss/delay procs, activate the wrong actions, delay recasting a dot if you're below hit cap and the application misses, include lag when applying buffs/auras, etc.

all i care about is if DW > 2H for frost...i currently hate 2h frost...never liked 2h on my dk except when i was unholy during pretty much all of 4.3....looks like i may have to go check this stuffs out

As an update - there was a bug in simcraft allowing obliterates with only 1 death rune. This has been fixed in the most recent build and DW with bt is still ahead of 2h.