Thread: Bizarre death

10+ Year Old Account

Bizarre death

I just had something stranged happened to me, twice.

I was at the summoning stone outside MV, mounted up, like 10-15 yard off the ground. Suddenly, I was pulled into the air, then pulled into a mountain nearby, needless to say as soon as I touched it (I was still on my Ashes all this time), I was dead from fall damage. Not only me, 3-4 people around the stone at the time, also died the same way.

So I Ankh, rez'd my friend, suddenly we were pulled again, this time into the quest area where there was that stone table with the book on it (and loads of stairs nearby), and died again from fall damage as I reached the place.

Non of us know what happened, has this happened to anyone before?

Probably a DK Mass-Grip. Pulled you into an area that dismounts and die from fall damage. Only thing I can think of.

Ever see Paranormal Activity?
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    But that has a range, I was pulled into the mountain oppsite, and die from fall damage there, with no one nearby other than a few other victims.

Deleted
    checked combat log?

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Ever see Paranormal Activity?
    So much win in this post. Im going with the unseen demon as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    p.s. i want to see Sylvanas take a pounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    This could NEVER be taken the wrong way. ._.

Deleted
    Someone in your raid was attacking a mob underground. It is a bug that when it casts its pull you to it cast it also shoots everyone above ground sky high. Quite funny... Been waiting to see someone do this to a sha raid. I do not know the name of the mob unfortunately but it has to do with the golden lotus quests.

Deleted
    well i sometimes get t he rubberbanding thing that is/was happening in D3
    After hearth stoning and walking away or when mounting up and flying of, I get pulled back to the place i was before
    the 1st time I thought WTF is this shit. It looked like someone took controle of my char and made a complete reversal of my direction and even turning my toon around.
    this has happen 3 times or so in 1 week.

Deleted
    May have been a GM messing with you :P

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=64965

It is this NPC that did it. When it casts the sweep it shoot everyone outside up in the air. Will affect people far away as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    (I was still on my Ashes all this time),
    Hehe, I see what you did there!

The only weird thing that I have had like this, is in org at level 85. Outside Thrall/Garroshs place walking on the plates. Just died. Combat logs and recount said -250k hit by no-one.

Saying that, I like the paranormal activity theory the best.

Deleted
    No one is listening to me.. lol

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dologalot View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=64965

It is this NPC that did it. When it casts the sweep it shoot everyone outside up in the air. Will affect people far away as well.
    No one is listening to me.. lol
    I think he is talking about being by Mogu'shan Vaults. Which is on the other side of another zone.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Ya it affects you all the way from there. Its range is massive. That is why I mentioned how crazy it would be to see an entire sha raid go flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya it affects you all the way from there. Its range is massive. That is why I mentioned how crazy it would be to see an entire sha raid go flying.
    He would have had to be in a group with someone killing it.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Hence why I said someone in your group must have been attacking it. If this was not the case then chock it up to paranormal activity. If you want to have some fun tho when you are in a group go and fight that NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I think he is talking about being by Mogu'shan Vaults. Which is on the other side of another zone.
    There was a video on here a few days back showing this exact thing happening to a Sha raid. Last I heard they hotfixed it, but it must have broken again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hence why I said someone in your group must have been attacking it. If this was not the case then chock it up to paranormal activity. If you want to have some fun tho when you are in a group go and fight that NPC.
    Didn't notice your first post sorry.