Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Although it has GREAT story I wouldn't call it a game. Funny it's really not worth buying, you are much better off watching youtube video of all the episodes it lasts like 10 hours in total and is more entertaining than the Walking Dead TV show itself

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Although it has GREAT story I wouldn't call it a game. Funny it's really not worth buying, you are much better off watching youtube video of all the episodes it lasts like 10 hours in total and is more entertaining than the Walking Dead TV show itself
    HEY now lets calm down and not jump the gun here, unless glen is in this game i doubt its better then the show O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Second game in life that brought me to tears. Lee :"(.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    HEY now lets calm down and not jump the gun here, unless glen is in this game i doubt its better then the show O-O

He is in the game

Deleted
    He is in the game but only briefly in episode one, he doesn't really feature as a major part in any decision making as (spoiler) he leaves in episode one to go to the city to look for his friends and you never hear from him again

Deleted
    This is bad advice, the game is defined by the choices you make, watching somebody else do all the choice making for you would be the worst thing I could possibly imagine with this game. It is 100% worth buying. Do agree that its better than the show, the show is amazing mind you.

Therefore it is not worth to play any other story-driven dialogue-based games right? Gameplay is minimalistic but is serves the story, it's intuitive, panic inducing and keeps the world suitably dangerous to reinforce the themes of fear and survival. I mashed that "Q" button so hard at times that I feared my keyboard might break.

Deleted
    okay so i know only a little bit about this game but can anyone explain to me what type of game is it? is it like a point and click rpg or like an fps or something? also is it canon to the show or the comic or outside in its own little bubble.

also unrelated but do you think the fps daryl and merle prequel will be any good?
    I really don't know how it is, well, it's clicking and it has a lot of time events, it's also in third person.

And it's not canon to the tv show or the comic, it's a total different story.
    It's a game...

It's worth buying..

It won a GOTY, so yeah, good game worth buying.

I personally started watching it off YouTube and it felt crap, I just needed to buy it, I did and I enjoyed it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It's worth buying..

It won a GOTY, so yeah, good game worth buying.

I personally started watching it off YouTube and it felt crap, I just needed to buy it, I did and I enjoyed it even more.
    Agreed. It's definitely better playing it. When you are the person controlling Lee, you feel more personal involvement in the choices you make and the events that happen. It is easier to have emotional attachments this way, which makes the game that much greater.

Do not take this persons advice, the worst possible thing you could do is just watch someone else play it on Youtube. This isnt Halo where you can just watch all the cutscenes and it makes no difference if you're playing or not. You get no emotional attachment by just watching someone make the choices instead of you.
    It won GOTY for a reason and if money is tight then just wait for the Steam sale coming up, but its very much worth full price as is.

Watching somebody else play is indeed an entirely different experience than if you play the game yourself. I've watched a few people play Amnesia on Youtube, and it didn't look that scary when somebody else was playing. But when I was playing it myself, my hands just began to shake of fear at some point. You get an adrenaline rush when you see and get chased by a monster for the first time, but you don't get it when you watch someone else play it.

I'm currently playing my second walktrough in the Walking Dead, trying to get all the best possible options and choices you can get in the game. My Lee will die a great man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I broke down and got it for $10 on sale. Got some free time over the holidays to give it a whirl and looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Well I broke down and got it for $10 on sale. Got some free time over the holidays to give it a whirl and looking forward to it.
    Quite possibly the best $10 you'll ever spend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man Episode 4 just blew me out of the water. I wasn't so sure after Episode 3 (which I liked, but wasn't super awestruck by) but what happens at the end with Lee.... fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode 5.......

I've never played a video game that has made me cry. There's only one movie that has made me cry. I can literally count the amount of times I've cried since my childhood on both of my hands if not one..... but at the end of Episode 5... I couldn't help myself. Possibly one of the most powerful and moving stories I've ever seen. Absolutely tragic.

Excuse me... I think I need to do some manly stuff to regain my dignity.
    Last edited by Poppincaps; 2012-12-12 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Episode 5.......

I've never played a video game that has made me cry. There's only one movie that has made me cry. I can literally count the amount of times I've cried since my childhood that I've cried on both of my hands if not one..... but at the end of Episode 5... I couldn't help myself. Possibly one of the most powerful and moving stories I've ever seen. Absolutely tragic.

Excuse me... I think I need to do some manly stuff to regain my dignity.
    I was the same way. I was really surprised with how much I cared about the characters by the end of the game. Brilliant story-telling. Here's hoping they don't lose their magic in Season 2.