Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    there's a story for every factions, for example you said that the golden lotus dailies are repetitive and said that:
    Quote" "it's like those pandaren are lazy and not doing anything with the advantages we gave them" I just wanna tell you that after you hit exalted they will give you an epic necklace, same goes with the Klaxxi after you hit exalted they will give you an epic ring. I forgot the ilvl but I'm sure it's higher than the LFR ilvl (I could be wrong though)

Like I've said each faction has their own story, I'm enjoying the golden lotus story so far. *SPOILERS* I love fighting along with the 4 august celestial in the end of the story, the Jade serpent, Xuen, Niuxao, and Chi-Ji. And about the Klaxxi; they're telling me the story about the old god; about how they're still in the same family as Azjol Nerub and the Ahn'qiraj

But yeah I've got to agree with you that these dailies are not alts friendly. I'm burned already after doing 2 hours of dailies on my main; start with the easiest; Tillers - Anglers - Serpent Cloud - Golden Lotus - August Celestial - Shado Pan - Klaxxi. I'm saving the shadopan and klaxxi for the last because they always have elites on the dailies. idk how to encourage you to do these dailies but get a friend or two to do dailies with you, it's so much faster (and ofcourse it's more fun that way)

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the thing right the dailies themselves aren't even really all that much of a gating mechanic if you actually do then. If you don't then it's a HUGE gating mechanic. You'll be sitting on capped VP for god knows how long. Till they get this 5.1 system in place. I don't know. I stopped doing em as well and realized outside of LFR I had less to do progression wise without dailies and quit. Make dungeons relevant again or not and lose subs.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I stopped playing 2 days after MoP release when i realised it's just the same old shit re-released no imagination, no creativity.

I'm the same. Every single expansion thus far I've always pushed the rep grinds etc. to give my guild access to high end enchants, but the daily grind in MoP just made me throw up my hands and say 'F this, someone else can do it'. Golden lotus especially is stupid - 110 rep per quest is ridiculously low.

I feel you. I hit exalted with Tillers, Cloud Serpents, and the Lorewalkers because honestly those weren't too brutal and easy to burn through. I hit revered with the Anglers and those are actually pretty enjoyable although I don't do them every day. Klaxxi I got to revered and that was pretty bad, but at least you have the Klaxxi buffs to help out some. (I always use the one with the guy that comes down and aoes them since I play a prot paladin and just group mobs up.) I'm 2 days off revered with Golden Lotus and just haven't been able to make myself do it for the past few days. Those dailies are just horrible. I keep telling myself to just hit revered with all these factions so that when 5.1 hits I'll be able to max rep twice as fast but it's still pretty soul crushing. Still, at the end of the day I'm an achievement/mount whore so I'll end up farming it eventually. I just need a break right now.

How bad are Shadow-Pan and August Celestial dailies, anyone know?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    That's the thing right the dailies themselves aren't even really all that much of a gating mechanic if you actually do then. If you don't then it's a HUGE gating mechanic. You'll be sitting on capped VP for god knows how long. Till they get this 5.1 system in place. I don't know. I stopped doing em as well and realized outside of LFR I had less to do progression wise without dailies and quit. Make dungeons relevant again or not and lose subs.
    Now this i agree is a valid point and my only real issue with the MoP dailies - the fact that you'll be capped at 3000 pretty fast unless you hit revered with Klaxxi/Golden Lotus

They should have made something else to spend those points on for people who dislikes the dailys. Heck, i like the dailies and yet i've encountered this issue on my alt because of the +50% vp buff once your main is capped for the week

Last Klaxxi daily I did was the day of release, while leveling. I did GL up to revered. Did Angler's once. Did Shado-Pan and August Celestials 2 times each. Snagged eggs for Order. Haven't touched a rep since. The only Tillers stuff I do is planting trees so I can drop trees whenever I feel like it!

Just because you can do them every day, doesn't mean you should.

The people that do are usually the ones complaining that they have 'nothing to do' a few months down the road.

I dont understand your problem - they did make it so that you were in no way bound to do rep grinds (opposite of Cata - where you "had" to grind at least 1 faction to get rep enchants) - considering you are only doing LFR and thus dont really have a need for the actual rep gear, then you are in no way forced or even pushed to do them, its an active choice to partake in the dailies for most people, it is only really something you are obliged to do, if you are a HC raider and where the VP loot are upgrades that improves the overall progress of your guild.

Personally, ive burned a bit out on them, but i still do them, simply because they improve another aspect of the game that i enjoy - i also didnt enjoy forking over a grand for every raid just in consumables, but hey, that's the choice i made...

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    The only reason I still do dailies is because I want those rep bars to be filled to 999/1000. Can't see myself doing them after I got there though. Maybe for the achievements, or when I run out of lesser charms in 6 months.

If you can find me another way to get to exalted, I'll agree. But for now we're "forced" since there isn't..
    its your choice to get exalted, which means you have to work for it.. why should blizzard just give you exalted cause you would rather sit in town and wait for a queue?

while everyones crying some of us have been exalted for a week or 2 and are down to just shado-pan and August Celestrials.

on top of that you dont even have to do ALL dailies every day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkt90saa7l0

for everyone crying over dailies please watch this video ... lore breaks it down for you and shows you only need to do 1 faction every 5 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Yeah, the daily gating is definitely something I'm annoyed with, along with the slow Pandaria leveling (I have 10 more characters to get to 90, 9 of them are sitting at 85, and then the 45 monk).

I'm one of those weird people who hate, hate the process it takes to get to the endgame where I can just relax, run dungeons, raid, pvp, or explore/do whatever. Which is why I was happiest at the end of cata when I had all 10 chars at 380+ and could just play them whenever.

TDLR: Dailies suck.
    "Bring the class, not the player" changed into "Bring the player, not the class"(which failed pretty quick) into "Bring the class that happens to be level 90 and at least has decent gear"

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    its your choice to get exalted, which means you have to work for it.. why should blizzard just give you exalted cause you would rather sit in town and wait for a queue?
    "hurrdurr, I'm going to write something weird and just assume something"
    Sorry, doesn't work. I have 63 or so factions at exalted now, but none of those were as slow as the MoP factions.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2012-10-29 at 11:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thorium Brotherhood called from Vanilla to call all of you a bunch of soft whiners.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    Now this i agree is a valid point and my only real issue with the MoP dailies - the fact that you'll be capped at 3000 pretty fast unless you hit revered with Klaxxi/Golden Lotus

They should have made something else to spend those points on for people who dislikes the dailys. Heck, i like the dailies and yet i've encountered this issue on my alt because of the +50% vp buff once your main is capped for the week
    Capping is a pain in the ass and I don't think I capped once in the month I played. That's a fucking commitment in and of itself. They have a system in place to upgrade existing gear with daily points and according to twitter it was ready for launch but they decided to hold it off. It's a good idea I guess not something I particularly like though. Upgrading gear is literally trading in points for points. Buying new gear with valor felt more rewarding I dont know. I'd rather not be stuck with upgraded versions of the same shoulders I've already had for a month or two. I guess valor gear was to good and we had it to easy.

It doesn't help that the daily quests lack variety and are all more or less kill this collect that quests. You'd think that if dailies were going to play such a big roll in this expansion they'd have put a little bit more into them. Instead they just kept the formula and made a shit tonne of them.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-29 at 11:05 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Getting to revered with them really isn't that bad. Ok GL dailies are annoying sure, but they're not THAT bad. Getting to revered with klaxxi doesn't take long if you've done all of the one time quests. And you don't need anything past revered. Exalted rewards are transmog/flavor/ items and mounts/pets. The good stuff you get at revered. And getting to revered isn't that bad.

I powered on through the Golden Lotus dailies till I unlocked the other two factions, but yeah, I can't make myself do the same set over and over day after day. Aside from the Celestials dailies (which are nice and varied, focused in the same small area, and quick) I'm only working on the others every few days, very very slowly.

They definitely missed the mark with rep grinds this time around. When it gets to the stage that the only reason to perform a task is for the rewards at the end, and all the fun has gone out of it, I think it's safe to say someone misjudged the grinding-curve. It reminds me of the situation Blizzard mentioned about players hitting brick walls on raid bosses and giving up - a lot of the people I know have just hit a brick wall with the grindyness of dailies and stopped doing many of them altogether.

It'll definitely get a bit better with the rep increases in the next patch, but gawd. I definitely think removing the gating for Celestials and Shado-Pan dailies should be high on the agenda of things to tweak, along with taking away the rep requirements for valour gear.

I actually quite like the new dailies in a general sense, but the fact that so much stuff is gated behind them makes the entire system so awkward and clunky to play through. It makes a ton of dailies feel way more mandatory than they should, and it's definitely put me off the rep grinding aspect of Pandaria for a little while.

Completely agree. I got golden lotus up to honored and I just can't be bothered to do anymore. Cloud serpent is fun. Now I'm left with the problem that I have all this VP and nowhere to spend it. I really just don't care to grind the dailies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Thorium Brotherhood called from Vanilla to call all of you a bunch of soft whiners.
    pffff Thorium was CAKE compared to stupid fucking furlbogs. Fucking Timbermaw....
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    You say your not a competitive raider, and you don't care about the valor gear? You say that you don't like the dailies? So, why did you bother doing them at all aside from say the extra gold, which could be made elsewhere. There is so much more to do than dailies, and since it is pretty obvious you aren't trying to stay competitive in a pve environment, you literally burned yourself out, masochistically doing something you never had a reason to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "Bring the class, not the player" changed into "Bring the player, not the class"(which failed pretty quick) into "Bring the class that happens to be level 90 and at least has decent gear"

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 12:01 AM ----------

"hurrdurr, I'm going to write something weird and just assume something"
    Sorry, doesn't work. I have 63 or so factions at exalted now, but none of those were as slow as the MoP factions.
    we all know where you're heading with this.. "we want tabards"

you got used to not having to do anything to gain everything and you cant handle it now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    QFT, Get over it, it's an MMORPG, so what if you have to do some work that isn't that enjoyable, it's part of a MMO, and if you dont like it, WoW is nothing for you..... WoW has already changed to much because of whiners that can't put a little effort in the game.