Quote Originally Posted by RüneRS View Post
    I can remember the days people asked for more grind
    Wow is a grind game, its sad, but its just the way it is
    It's a pretty fun grindgame though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    oh look , more wrath babies crying about dailies

you aren't forced to do dailies .. get over it
    Oh look more TBC babies crying about people crying about dailies. Irony overload.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I gave up also.... my last payment is made; so when the time is finished, my wow playing period is finished also.
    I'm not trying to argue here, I quit myself a couple of months ago you see (after just over 5 years)... but why do you feel the need to play to the end of your subscription if you do not like the game? When I'd had enough I just pulled my sub and let my 2 remaining months stagnate while I played Magica/Minecraft/GW2/etc... I really don't understand why people feel the need to play right to the end if they really dislike the game enough to pull their subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    *sigh* Of course now the army of people who've adopted the protestant work ethic come out and insist every should have to "work" for their gear. It makes me wonder how many of you have actually held a fucking job in your lives?
    No one said you have to play the game if you don't have time for it, there are probably other games you can enjoy in your free time, Angry Birds or something.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wromthrax View Post
    No one said you have to play the game if you don't have time for it, there are probably other games you can enjoy in your free time, Angry Birds or something.
    Keep telling people this. Just like you did in cata when they were upset that dungeons were to hard. The more you people help them resist the need for change the longer it will take and the more likely people will leave over this.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    Oh look more TBC babies crying about people crying about dailies. Irony overload.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 03:23 PM ----------

I'm not trying to argue here, I quit myself a couple of months ago you see (after just over 5 years)... but why do you feel the need to play to the end of your subscription if you do not like the game? When I'd had enough I just pulled my sub and let my 2 remaining months stagnate while I played Magica/Minecraft/GW2/etc... I really don't understand why people feel the need to play right to the end if they really dislike the game enough to pull their subscription.

My kids like flying on the dragons and riding on some groundmounts :-)
    As long as the time permits, they can keep having fun if they want.

I don't play anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    My kids like flying on the dragons and riding on some groundmounts :-)
    As long as the time permits, they can keep having fun if they want.
    Fair play! I'd still love to hear the answer to the same question from one of the non-parents I know of who have quit under similar circumstances though!

I don't see what the big deal is. There was a decent number of dailies at launch yes, but nobody forced you to do them all at once(I did all of them at the same time and the only downside I had was it took a decent chunk of time). Group up when doing dailies, there's not much reason not to and should always be someone doing the daily you're on.

I currently only have shado-pan and august celestials left to do, I even fish up the 3 fish a day for nat pagle it's so little to do.
    Ricotta,Corleggy Retired.

*sigh* Of course now the army of people who've adopted the protestant work ethic come out and insist every should have to "work" for their gear. It makes me wonder how many of you have actually held a fucking job in your lives?
    I'm confused. Are you saying people should be handed stuff, and that working for something shouldn't be part of the process? Sometimes the work you need to do, to earn the reward is to high. You know you do when that happens in the real world? You move job! Do the same. Not enjoying WoW, stop posting, no-one cares, just leave...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Kudos to you for not killing yourself and the enjoyment you get from the game. I try to rotate my dailies. I am not the kind of player that can do the same dailies day in and day out.

My routine:
    Day one - Anglers (since there are only 3 quests per day) and then Cloud Serpent.
    Day two - Anglers and then Klaxxi.
    Day three - Anglers and then Golden Lotus.

It's not efficient in any way at all, but it keeps me sane and lets me enjoy the game. Maybe this is something you can try... that is if you really want the mounts. Since there are other ways of getting gear that you have experienced.
    This is the smart thing to do if you're not the sort of player who enjoys grindy stuff. Further, while this is not a criticism of you Asmodias, I'd point out anyone who thinks that the principle goal of playing WoW is to achieve efficiency is largely missing the point. It's a game that's meant to be enjoyed, not an exercise in measuring efficiency. I don't now and really never have done dailies every day. And I seem to be able to accomplish just about everything in the game that I want to do. I'm never the first one there but I get there.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis
    I'm confused. Are you saying people should be handed stuff, and that working for something shouldn't be part of the process? Sometimes the work you need to do, to earn the reward is to high. You know you do when that happens in the real world? You move job! Do the same. Not enjoying WoW, stop posting, no-one cares, just leave...
    Unless I don't know some other meaning of the word 'protestant', this guy brought religion into a topic that had nothing to do with it. Since this is the interwebs, that immediately invalidates any point he was trying to make.

It's the LAWWWH.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Unless I don't know some other meaning of the word 'protestant', this guy brought religion into a topic that had nothing to do with it. Since this is the interwebs, that immediately invalidates any point he was trying to make.

It's the LAWWWH.
    Exactly what I was thinking. This guy has done nothing but post on a discussion board based on World of Warcraft, in World of Warcraft related threads about how he doesn't play anymore... I give up.

Keep telling people this. Just like you did in cata when they were upset that dungeons were to hard. The more you people help them resist the need for change the longer it will take and the more likely people will leave over this.
    I liked when the dungeons were hard in cata. I understand the need for change though. Randoms are full of bads and expecting them to complete challenging content was a huge oversight on Blizzard's part. I did the heroics at cata launch with guildies so I had fun but I can see how it would drive the people who don't have a guild up the walls. The people who had the ability to do them were frustrated that they were being grouped with people who didn't have this same ability. And the people that didn't have that ability were crying because it was too hard for them to do. This is why they stated that all randomly queued content from now on will never be challenging anymore and anything challenging with have to be done with a premade group. They want content for all types of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    What if I want to raid but don't want to do dailies, and I'm unlucky with drops in lfr?

not sure if anyone mentioned this.. you dont need lfr gear to do normal / heroic raids either

463 works just fine

guilds were downing normal / heroic bosses as soon as it all went live, and I guaranty they all had 1 epic max if they were doing dailies.. and I doubt all of them were

Too bad. You get some nice normal-raid-level epics in the final quest chains for each of those factions, when you reach exalted.

I just hit exalted on both those factions on my main. My biggest complaint is all the useless coins I got (that you can spend 90/week to get those extra gear roll things.)

BTW, that character has done like 3 heroic 5 mans, but is already 5/6 in MV LFR (reaching the ilvl requirement with a mixture of crafted, PvP, epic quest reward, valor, and few heroic 5 man drops.) I actually prefered grinding out dailies to doing the heroic 5 mans. Weird, I know.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2012-10-30 at 09:42 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    I think players just have to accept that with the new Blizz MMO in full development WoW cannot ascend to anything more than the mere shadow of its former self we have been seeing for a while now.

All the money, all the talent, all the innovation goes straight to Titan.
    Not saying that is not understandable, just saying you dont always get what you pay for. Until a few years from now when you gladly buy their new next gen mmo after years of being trolled by WoW. The cycle closes.

WoW might see some questionable "improvements" like the CRZ's that nobody ever asked for or would have asked for but it's not far fetched to think they just want to test the new tech for their new game out on the existing one even though, for example in this case and for a lot of servers CRZ is not an improvement but has massive detrimental effects. I dont even want to imagine what it will do to MoP zones on full servers once available....

And they always enjoyed "testing" their player reactions. (you dont really think anybody at bizz hq is surprised at warriors and hunters in pvp right now, do you? They are probably having a laugh about it right about now) Then again, as the saying goes 'Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence' ... Either way, Titan cant come quickly enough, I'd like to be able to see and play what I am paying for today :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Greens won't get you into LFR with its 460 ilevel requirement.
    You don't need reputation epics either to queue LFR. There a plenty of alternatives... Justice points items, Dread wastes blue items from quest rewards. There is also Sha (won't even talk about Galleon) and there are all of the heroics gear. To someone with gold, you can buy cheap epics from professions and world drops.

I have heard it over and over and I agree. It's too much Blizzard

I think they catered to the whiners that said didn't have enough to do they made bag space a serious issue, gave us tons of cool stuff we have no room for and jammed everything in our face, like, there...take this and like it.

Deleted
    Don't do them then? I do them occasionally when I'm bored, gaining rep slow and steady. Nobody forces you to do dailies every single day. And I also have unlocked already more gear than I have VP for.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    It's so hard to keep up with you posters that quit on a daily basis.
    You said it. The constant adolescent whining and threats of quitting deserve nothing more than to be ignored.