Page 1 of 2
LastLast

3 simple changes that would make monks much less tedious

1) Cut Jab's energy cost in half.

2) Cut energy regeneration in half.

3) Increase maximum Chi to 8 (10 with Ascension).

This would accomplish a couple of things. It would allow for more burst since you can stack enough Chi for 4-5 Blackout Kicks instead of just 2, and it would also allow for a little more breathing room in the rotation and a break away from Jab-BK Jab-BK Jab-BK, which is 80% of Windwalkers gameplay. It would also penalize you less for being off target, since it will take longer to overcap energy.

How would this impact PvP? Burst is usually king there.

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    How would this impact PvP? Burst is usually king there.
    stack to 8 with jab, RSK, BoK BoK BoK, chi brew, BoK BoK BoK BoK

Would stack up a pretty nasty dot as well.

Its not a terrible line of thinking though. We are way too spammy.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we need some more RNG. Like maybe Blackout Kick has a 15% chance and Rising Sun Kick has a 30% chance to reset the cooldown on Fists of Fury and increase it's damage done by 20%.

I'd also really love if they reduced the cooldown of Xuen. Maybe cut the cooldown to 2 minutes and decrease the burst or something.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 11:38 PM ----------

It'd be cool if they gave us a chance to proc an energy-free Crackling Jade Lightning with a channel time reduced to 1.5 seconds or so.

They'd have to scale back its damage, I'd think. With Mistweaver that hits for about 110k after all ticks are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I think we need some more RNG. Like maybe Blackout Kick has a 15% chance and Rising Sun Kick has a 30% chance to reset the cooldown on Fists of Fury and increase it's damage done by 20%.

I'd also really love if they reduced the cooldown of Xuen. Maybe cut the cooldown to 2 minutes and decrease the burst or something.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 11:38 PM ----------

It'd be cool if they gave us a chance to proc an energy-free Crackling Jade Lightning with a channel time reduced to 1.5 seconds or so.
    I was under the impression that you only used FoF when you had nothing better to do...

You use FoF when you know you can sit through the whole duration, because a full cast is the best DpC you can get, IIRC

Personally I don't think a max Chi increase is really necessary. However, the regen/Jab changes are one of the solutions that I did NOT think of an might work pretty well. Cutting it in half entirely might lead to too much downtime in the rotation, but perhaps cutting both by 25% would be a good start.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Option to roll to target rather than through them.
    2. Chi Burst and Jade Wind need to be more functionally different.
    3. Reduce the number stacks needed to max out Tigereye brew.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMallet View Post
    stack to 8 with jab, RSK, BoK BoK BoK, chi brew, BoK BoK BoK BoK

Would stack up a pretty nasty dot as well.
    The dot works like ignite/deep wounds, so you can't really stack it up.

Deleted
    Not smart changes. Thats a high burst in pvp - nerf from blizzard.

That sounds incredibly boring. Just, horrible. Like Sumatran said we'd just end up spamming more jab (lower damage) for higher burst periods.

It might even turn out worse for boss fights, and that's your opinion that it's bad in the first place.

I don't find WW priority tedious at all. I don't see what makes it more tedious than other classes even (esp. other melee).

Could you really elaborate a bit more?
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    1) Cut Jab's energy cost in half.

2) Cut energy regeneration in half.
    So basically double the maximum energy and make everything that isn't Jab cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    3) Increase maximum Chi to 8 (10 with Ascension).
    This would do interesting things for mistweavers in PvE. Probably "interesting" in the "overpowered" sense.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    um, what? why.

your first 2 make no sence as they basically cancle each other out.

and as for chi, no, just no.

There are better ways to handle our main issue, that of lack of on demand burst, and inability to nuke on the pull.

Deleted
    Don't see how it would be 'less tedious'.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Jab's energy cost was cut in half, Blizzard would remove its ability to generate two chi to compensate, and I wouldn't want that. I also would be very sad if our energy regeneration was halved - what we really need is a new mastery effect. On the third point, 8 - 10 chi is an enormous amount and will never happen. It's more reasonable to suggest extending the normal maximum chi to 5 and the talent still providing 1 extra, for a maximum of 6.

In my opinion, the main change that we need to 'increase' burst is to change Tigereye Brew to be a 1 minute cooldown instead of a 'cool-up'.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Deleted
    One thing I think could work would be for Tigereye brew to take a leaf out of SWTOR's book.

Marauders had a similar cooldown (Beserk) and they also had a cooldown to instantly stack it to max, you could then use it to increase damage, run speed or a raid wide damage incrase (Basically bloodlust).

Take out the bloodlust or replace it with something that can bring some raid utility.

This would give us some (ish) on demand burst even if said CD just stacked tigers eye to 10 for a damage increase.

The only possible change I'd go for is regarding FoF, mostly just to make it less clunky.
    Most of these changes are superfluous at best.