Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

WoW not feeling like WoW?

This has struck me right at the end of Cataclysm. - NOT A QUITTING POST-

WoW doesn't feel quite like WoW anymore to me. I don't mind the Pandaren but WoW feels like it has lost its RPG-Fantasy trope.

I think the armor and story has gotten out of hand.
    The story? Back then we had The Scourge, The Dark iron dwarves, The elementals, the Aqir, trolls and blackrock orcs among other things. Now what have we got? Giant stone creatures, Monkies, fish-men, The Sha( ME ANGRY ROAR), Yaun'gol(who i think just wanted a hug) and The Mantid.
    Night Elves were allies with the Pandaren right? No mention of them. I don't think i even seen the Pandaren trying to talk with the Yaun'gol.

The areas too. The Shrine of the Two Moons and the Alliance side. They look like an area you'd visit to a KING/QUEEN for a quest to save his daughter/son/wife or some shit, come back with the daughter/son/wife and not go back.
    The Dread wastes is just really depressing, it makes Desolace like a ray of sunshine!

The armor has just become to big and and shiney like we're literally living crystals or gold. Look at http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=574, Simple cloth armor for a Mage. Now go at T14-Mage, i mean what the hell is with the scrolls? Sure it may look 'SUPAH COOL' but seems to way out there.

Gameplay; Back then we had to reagents for our spells, we had to use them at meaningful times and not spam them.
    We also had
    - Weapon skills and lockpick to level
    It may have been tedious but damn it was great when we finally got those skills up
    -Class quests
    We had something that represnted 'US', Something that made us feel like the class we picked.
    -Homongization wasn't there as much; Not everyone had a stun or a heal. Hunter healing? Warrior healing? Rogue healing? Some might disagree with me here but it gave us a role in our fights. The Cleric healing, The thief with the tricks, the warrior with the shield, The Magi with the spells.

EDIT: Also i think the numbers should be crunched. The numbers seem way too big now.

Right now i play WoW because it doesn't end but right now i just feel something is missing from WoW.
    Last edited by Bitehattori; 2012-10-30 at 03:11 AM.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dread Wastes is suppose to be depressing, its a dark and eerie zone full of sha corruption, what where you expecting bronys and rainbows.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Dread Wastes is suppose to be depressing, its a dark and eerie zone full of sha corruption, what where you expecting bronys and rainbows.
    I wasn't expecting Rainbows and flowers but damn. I'd rather level through a Zone looking like Blasted Lands, Icecrown or even Searing Gorge/Burning Steppes.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

It's called nostalgia. It's the soul reason WoW doesn't feel like "WoW" to you and others.

EDIT: For example: Dragonball GT. Sameeeee thing as DBZ, but sooo many people hated it. Why? Cause it didn't feel like "DBZ".
    Last edited by Song; 2012-10-30 at 02:28 AM.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

I think the biggest thing is that Blizzard doesn't want to make the same game over and over in it's expansions. They want to allow you to take your toon you've built a relationship with, to new worlds and experience the new cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    It's called nostalgia. It's the soul reason WoW doesn't feel like "WoW" to you and others.

EDIT: For example: Dragonball GT. Sameeeee thing as DBZ, but sooo many people hated it. Why? Cause it didn't feel like "DBZ".
    I guess you can say that but i feel its way long past the generic fantasy-RPG were not everyone was riding dragons or super natural beasts for lulz
    I think the biggest thing is that Blizzard doesn't want to make the same game over and over in it's expansions. They want to allow you to take your toon you've built a relationship with, to new worlds and experience the new cultures.
    I understand that the game has to progess or it'll become stale but i think some things could have been kept in-game.
    Last edited by Bitehattori; 2012-10-30 at 02:37 AM.

This expansion just feels really grindy. I also have to say its missing the epic story so far however I have hope that we will see that in Patch 5.1.

Deleted
    Yeah i agree with you OP. Also the game lost its mystery, the epicness, the "WOW" thing it had the old days of Vanilla/TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    I guess you can say that but i feel its way long past the generic fantasy-RPG were not everyone was riding dragons or super natural beasts for lulz
    I'm sorry but do you know what a Fantasy-RPG is?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Kornstyle View Post
    Yeah i agree with you OP. Also the game lost its mystery, the epicness, the "WOW" thing it had the old days of Vanilla/TBC.
    Not being an ass seriously just asking a question. but,

Do you think maybe the game didn't lose it, you just discovered the "mystery" you lived the epicness, and eventually, it died down (like everything in life) went away and you realized you're just kinda....there?
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I'm sorry but do you know what a Fantasy-RPG is?
    I mean like, When we had to get mounts we had that one special one, either it be a horse or a nightsaber. It mean't something. Now we have hundreds of mounts. ''Hi, I'm a rogue with no special magixz, Lets ride a ghost wyvern!''

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    if we did have pony crap id fly to cali and punch ghostcrawler in the face myself

MOP = welcome to world of farmville and daily quests , and 3 seconds of fame pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    if we did have pony crap id fly to cali and punch ghostcrawler in the face myself

MOP = welcome to world of farmville and daily quests , and 3 seconds of fame pvp
    Fights last longer 3 seconds if you're not a frost-mage.

But i think each class should have a counter at least. Like Melee counter healers, healers counter ranged, range counter melee or something.

I mean like, When we had to get mounts we had that one special one, either it be a horse or a nightsaber. It mean't something. Now we have hundreds of mounts. ''Hi, I'm a rogue with no special magixz, Lets ride a ghost wyvern!''
    There were still mount collectors in TBC, idk about Vanilla since I wasn't there.

This expansion actually gives me good feelings overall. Even though they haven't figured out a proper solution to rep grinding yet, but it kinda reminds me of TBC.
    *covers head*

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    There were still mount collectors in TBC, idk about Vanilla since I wasn't there.
    I joined ZA-patch of TBC but even then all we really had were the wyverns/gyrphons for flying mounts? The pheonix was damn rare so I'm not counting that.

I guess I'm missing/wanting something of , type of RPG, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by nagi1225 View Post
    This expansion actually gives me good feelings overall. Even though they haven't figured out a proper solution to rep grinding yet, but it kinda reminds me of TBC.
    *covers head*
    Actually TBC was a lot more 'at home' because we knew the charcaters. it was'nt just made up baddie blobs and made up insect people....TBC had a decent backdrop.

OT: Agree with the OP. It's just now wow anymore and Pandaria is visually good but it just does'nt seem like it belongs in wow. it's a strange theme, overdone to death. I pointed it out once, wotlk had a nordic theme overall but it's zones were all different in appearance and architecture. In Mop, its just one kind of art and architecture and probably the worst story ever told.
    Last edited by igame; 2012-10-30 at 03:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This expansion is based a lot more on eastern culture (chineese), not western one from Tolken world, this exp specially is very strange due to that fact, always Fantasy RPG western games were based on western world, very weird mix that doesn't work at all, 5.1 is focusing more on "old" wow of western-based fantasy, which is good
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I joined ZA-patch of TBC but even then all we really had were the wyverns/gyrphons for flying mounts? The pheonix was damn rare so I'm not counting that.

I guess I'm missing/wanting something of http://beta.ikilote.com/Galeries/New...onQuest8_1.JPG, type of RPG, you know?
    WoW was never that type of game. I don't know where you are getting these "lost of feeling" of WoW.