Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    GameBoy Color and Dreamcast. Game boy was my first video game system ever, that and pokemon blue was awesome. Dreamcast because Sonic Adventure was basically awesome in every regard IMO.

Of the modern systems, I would have to say PC is my gaming platform of choice even though I prefer the comfort of sitting on my couch in front of my TV on a more traditional system. I only really don't like the Wii of the modern systems though (why the heck would I want to move around while playing a video game?! When I want to move around I go outside and play with my kids or something).

If I went with my all time favorite system (for its time), it would be a very close call between SNES, PS1 and PS2. I got more enjoyment out of those systems than any other before or after it. I started on Atari, but was too young to really appreciate it at the time. I really got into gaming on my NES with games like Super Mario Bros, Mega Man (I am still haunted by nightmares of the Mega Man 2 dragon fight with the disappearing platforms) and Final Fantasy (ah, how I miss the good old days of pre-8 Final Fantasy games) and my zenith of gaming was at the three systems I mentioned before.

Deleted
    Atari Jaguar, it may have been short lived due to the collapse of Atari, but by god it trumped the Sega Megadrive and SNES. Basically the Jaguar was the worlds first 64 bit console, at a time when the competition were still all 16 bit.

For its time (1993) it was the most advanced console, with amazing graphics and sound. It's definitive game was Aliens v Predator, which remains the definitive version of that game ever made. Also worth a mention was Air Cars, the first 8 player game although it did require the Cat Box expansion module.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely love the snes the most.

I was born in 85, therefore I got to play all the classics when they were relevant. The SNES stands out as the greatest console of all time.

However, once I grew up, I realized PC gaming is truly the best type of gaming out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    xbox 360 and ps3, luved my original xbox games(Mechassault, and Halo) but pc ppl need to stop hating on console players... not everyone can afford serious gamering pcs....
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

No reason to own a ps3/xbox360 when a pc does everything it does and better.

A wii / wiiu will have things going for it that makes it actually different from an experience from the pc, and are worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    No reason to own a ps3/xbox360 when a pc does everything it does and better.
    Console exclusives and friends w/o decent computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Console exclusives and friends w/o decent computers.
    Besides nintendo games, I really cannot think of games that are console exclusive from the pc

Super Nintendo. Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Mega Man X, Super Metroid. Legend of Zelda: LttP, Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island, Illusion of Gaia, Super Mario RPG, Secret of Evermore, Secret of Mana, Star Fox, Donkey Kong Country, Super Punch Out, the Final Fantasies and plenty of others.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 11:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Besides nintendo games, I really cannot think of games that are console exclusive from the pc
    Most of the Halo Series, Bayonetta, Uncharted, Journey, Final Fantasy, God of War... and about a billion series. If you can't think of any games, you're not trying.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    PC but that's not a console so.. Xbox 360 but I rarely touch it anymore, Might do when I get my hands on AC3/Gta 5

But nothing will beat the snes/ps2

Deleted
    The GameCube, it had such a wide variety of truly great games and the controller is the most comfortable I've used. The SNES is awesome as well, but I never had that many games on it as a kid, mostly just Zelda, Mario and Mario Kart. Oh and Super Metroid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a single favorite, I have too much to have just 1, so my most favorites are SNES, N64, PS2 and Gamecube. Those systems had THE best games we will ever see EVER. Today's games are cool too but back in those days, games had much more creativeness to them than the games of today. It's as if all the good ideas were used back then and now they don't know what to make anymore so they just make military FPS games. Like I said there are a lot of today's games that I love but compared to back then, they're not as good or creative as the games on the older systems.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

From a nostalgic point of view, SNES, Nintendo 64 and Gamecube. I've spent so many hours with good friends when I was growing up. Good times.

I can't even begin to count the hours I've spent in Soul Calibur II.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo 64.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I absolutely love my N64. My friends and i still play it now at college. Smash bro's, mario cart, Pokemon stadium, Mario tennis (so much fun), diddy kong racing, and those are just a few. Though we turned mario cart, pokemon stadium, diddy kongn racing into a drinking contest. lol.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Deleted
    My xbox 360 is my only console that I use. And to get it running I first have to block its ventilation and wait for it to overheat. Then to cool down, and if I get lucky it'll run properly until I turn it off again. But hay, I only play NHL 13 on it (Which I love very much) and I'm seriously pissed that my xbox is almost beyond repair and there's no proper Hockey game on the PC, so I get frustrated and I hate my xbox, but still I can't leave it and pretty much every night I find myself doing the same thing over and over again... That is until it dies, then I'll suck it up and learn to live without playing hockey games..

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Nintendo consoles for those great first party and exclusive games (golden sun for instance). Same goes for Sony you could say.
    But honestly I think i'm going to have to go with the Dreamcast due to PSO (Phantasy Star Online). That game is probably to this day still my most mind blowing moment in console gaming history.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"