Poll: Still Playing?

Thread: Unsubbed?

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Remember the amazing "You can just turn the buff off then" argument? Well, this is just like that. Don't want to do dailies? Don't do them. There. It's that simple. Gear is raining from the sky in MoP. With LFR, world bosses (Free boots) faceroll normal mode MSV, more LFR to come, there is no reason to do dailies if you don't want to do them.

MoP is damn sure better than cata's sitting in SW waiting for a que to pop. More to do is always a good thing. And the ultimate reward for VP isn't the gear now. It's the ability to increase your gear's ilvl down the road. And with a 1000 vp weekly cap, that can easily be hit without touching a daily. Like everything else on the internet, issues are blown way out of proportion. People sit behind their computers, think about something and get mad. And it consumes them. They'll sit on forums all day every day crusading for their cause. But the problem isn't the game. It's something inside of themselves. If it isn't dailies, it will be something else. And so on and so on.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 07:06 AM ----------

And? There will always be something to burn people out. Always. If they got rid of dailies there will be things that will burn people out. But it's always better to have more to do than not enough. You do the things you want to do, and steer clear of things that you don't.
    Any company that blames their customers for disinterest in a product isn't going to remain successful.

Personally, I think that attitude is Activision talking. They've never actually produced anything as a company. All they have ever done is look at profit margins, sit on distribution channels and market. That is the main reason why they merged with a company that had their own infrastructure and the capacity to deliver a product directly to consumers. They also wanted to get in on the anti-piracy aspects of what Blizzard's product had accomplished. That's why you need a battle.net login to play D3, a single player game with an auction house.

My concern here is that Activision's hand is going to devalue Blizzard's stock to the point where they will become another casualty of Activision's rape and pillage business model. This is not the Blizzard I grew up and fell in love with.
    Last edited by Saggybag; 2012-11-01 at 04:24 PM. Reason: grammar

I think the reputation/dailies suck this patch... but I think this expansion is the most "worked" they have developed.

Deleted
    How dare they make us work for gear.. absurd! I want those tabards so i can get exalted with all the reps in few days and be decked out in gear then clear the raid and wait few months afking in org for a new patch.. CANT YOU SEE HOW FUN THAT IS? WHY TAKE IT AWAY!

/sarcasm off

And people complaining about the grind? geez man, do you even know what you are playing ? MMO. If you don't like the grind, why play it in the first place?
    Last edited by mmoc6513cc48dc; 2012-11-01 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    How dare they make us work for gear.. absurd! I want those tabards so i can get exalted with all the reps in few days and be decked out in gear then clear the raid and wait few months afking in org for a new patch.. CANT YOU SEE HOW FUN THAT IS? WHY TAKE IT AWAY!

/sarcasm off

And people complaining about the grind? geez man, do you even know what you are playing ? MMO. If you don't like the grind, why play it in the first place?
    ^ This exactly.

When people complain that it takes longer to get gear, thats when you know the community is all about gear and NOTHING more.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post

/sarcasm off

Honestly I'm glad you're enjoying it, but this attitude that some people have that those who don't enjoy it are wrong is crap. Regardless of what you say, if you don't do them, you're gimping yourself and missing out on a significant portion of the content.

My schedule is busy and unpredictable. I can't login every day. I can usually play all weekend though. Dailies are such a big part of this game (for alts too) that I really don't have the interest level I once did in the game. Trolling me on a message board isn't going to shame me into changing my mind about it.

I'm subbed and really not planning on unsubbing anytime in the near future. The amount of dailys was a tad much imo, BUT they gave u options. for hardcore raiders, why complain about dailys? you're whole life on wow is revolved around grinding and maximizing its just a different way than spamming 5 mans and never doing them again afterwards

I have nearly all the reps exalted already and i'll say its odd because there once again isn't a hell of a lot to do on wow. At least it kept me busier than wotlk/cata with 1 week grind and afk in towns for 2 years

my question to everyone who unsubscribed is this: What did you expect? Did you expect a vastly different game than it has been for the past 7 years? It's a new expansion but it boils down to pretty much the same basic gameplay, and if you didn't like it in cataclysm, why would you like it now?
    Last edited by Eranthe; 2012-11-01 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    my question to everyone who unsubscribed is this: What did you expect? Did you expect a vastly different game than it has been for the past 7 years? It's a new expansion but it boils down to pretty much the same basic gameplay, and if you didn't like it in cataclysm, why would you like it now?
    No, I expected things to stay the same in terms of the progression model they had established in Wrath and Cata. That alone convinced me to return to the game. They turned that on it's head here and I am sorry but I'm no longer interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I mean theyll do anything except reinvest more money back into WoW. Seriously. They'll add this daily bs in, get the community to turn on one and other over it, contradict themselves in so many fucking ways, ignore a history of design decisions the same people have made and all because they won't increase the pace that they release end game content at. Effectively reinvest more money back into WoW.
    I'm always one for bashing people that say things like this, but I do not mean it in that way this time. I am just wondering, with MoP, they increased the effort you needed to put in to get gear, but did not make it required to do. You don't HAVE to do your dailies.
    Second, you can't really say that the won't increase the pace that they release end game content when you quit 2 weeks in. I'd say it has picked up quite a bit! (5.1 was on the PTR around the time raids were even being released)
    As far as the dailies do go however, what dailies are you doing that it is taking up ALL of your time? Because I would like to hit those up aswell. I am exalted with the tillers and the Cloud serpents, and I am about to hit revered with the golden lotus after stopping for a while. The klaxxi ones are just a joke. I can spend less then an hour and finish up every single one of these dailies without breaking a sweat.

poll is useless without armory..most trolls will just say they unsubbed, we need proof

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Unfortunately i locked myself into an annual pass. Have about 10 days left of it then i will be unsubbing.
    Precisely. Is it possible to get a refund for the exp (if you bought it 4-5 days ago) as an unsatisfied customer? I know they did that with D3...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    I have unsubbed. Glad I did. Love the free time.
    People with lives and shit. Sigh.

Deleted
    Love the free time.
    Yeah spending time on forums talking about these stuff is surely as free as playing the game

Deleted
    Still subscribed, I don't have any intention to unsub by the end of my subscription time either. Loving the expansion so far.

Not yet, but it's probably coming. I only resubbed for MoP because someone else picked up the tab/is paying my monthly sub (it's hard to say no when someone else is throwing their money at it.) and it was fun at first but now I'm at a point where I parked my shaman in Halfhill, harvest my songbells, make my tailoring cloth, churn out my daily darkmoon card, and then log back off. I don't do dalies, because I hate questing and I hear they're 'optional' anyway. But because I don't do them I don't have anything to spend my valor on, so I also don't do heroics because what's the point of getting more valor I can' use? I do PuG raids once/twice a week (maybe an 8 hour commitment at most) and beyond that log in maybe 30 minutes a day.

Seems like a waste of funds, even if they aren't my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Achyra View Post
    Not yet, but it's probably coming. I only resubbed for MoP because someone else picked up the tab/is paying my monthly sub (it's hard to say no when someone else is throwing their money at it.) and it was fun at first but now I'm at a point where I parked my shaman in Halfhill, harvest my songbells, make my tailoring cloth, churn out my daily darkmoon card, and then log back off. I don't do dalies, because I hate questing and I hear they're 'optional' anyway. But because I don't do them I don't have anything to spend my valor on, so I also don't do heroics because what's the point of getting more valor I can' use? I do PuG raids once/twice a week (maybe an 8 hour commitment at most) and beyond that log in maybe 30 minutes a day.

Seems like a waste of funds, even if they aren't my own.
    8 hours a week + 30 minutes a day 11.5 hours a week. About 45 hours a month. For $15. Or about $0.34 per hour. I doubt you can find another form of entertainment that can match that cost.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    8 hours a week + 30 minutes a day 11.5 hours a week. About 45 hours a month. For $15. Or about $0.34 per day. I doubt you can find another form of entertainment that can match that cost.
    Don't forget the initial cost and the fact I said 8 hours at most (the first two weeks). More like four last week. Nothing so far this week, not really feeling like raiding at all.

As far as other forms of entertainment: Boderlands 2 is proving to be pretty amusing, actually. Assassins Creed 3, also pretty fun. Guild War's 2, still fun (and lacks a monthly fee.) I just bought Stephen King's latest collection of short stories for a mere 5$.

And best of all I'm never forcing myself to do those things so I can keep up with the game (the farm and the daily cloth/card in this case.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    Through out cata - people whine about not having anything to do.
    MoP gives more to go - rather go afk in a main city.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This

I've been unsubscribed since about the end of the patch 4.0 cycle, or right before patch 4.1. I don't think I'm ever coming back as a subscriber, certainly not this expansion at any rate.

Meh people have unrealistic expectations from blizzard. They have never been in a greater production time with d3 expansions, starcraft expansions, project *m'fing possibly badass new software 240 bit game" titan, wow expansions and patches and possibly a movie with wow's 10 million subs as its main source of profit. But like honestly though they keep making so much repetative content they should just invest in new modes and features each patches, i mean there are some that doesn't require a new software or new game physics to add out there. They just haave to get off their lazy thinking and get creative like honestly solve a problem lol.

Also multi lingual voice actors may be a pain in the ass to schedule too so that may be a delay aswell lol
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2012-11-01 at 07:47 PM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"