Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hate dailies, I hate them with a passion but I do them anyways because I want the rewards. I'm a casual with an hour a day and 4-6 hours on friday. I have never hated anyone on this planet more than I hate doing dailies but I do them because I want the rewards. I also realise that I don't have to do them to progress but it is the most efficient way so I choose to do them.

I wanted the Klaxxi weapons for transmog so I even pushed that one to exalted. I felt so awesome when I finally got it to exalted that I would never have to do another daily for klaxxi unless I felt like earning some valor or coins between dungeon ques. It only took 2 weeks. No big deal. I am not sitting in a city bored waiting for dungeon cue, I get to see the games content and I EARNED gear that is better than valor gear. When 5.1 drops I will do the same with my alts in half the time.

Now given that I hate dailies with a passion and yet somehow managed to survive two whole life jarring weeks of doing dailies to exalted I can honestly say that anyone bitching that dailies are too awful and too hard are just being whiney babies who should look into skyrim if dedicating an hour a day for 2 weeks is too much for you.

And no, YOU DONT NEED DAILIES TO SPEND VALOR!!! You can spend valor just doing the regular quests in that factions zone and getting to honored. You even get rep doing quests in herioc dungeons with factions. With the 1k valor cap per week it will take 2-3 months for you to buy all the honored valor gear and if you cant get 1 week's worth of dailies to get to revered in another faction to unlock more then you are just being stubborn or incompetant.

Tabards are not coming back, they were an awful system where you got rep fighting in dungeons that had nothing to do with the faction in question. Why would the Wild Hammer care if you killed a bunch of fish people and saved neptulon? How would they even know just because you had their jersey on instead of stormwind? Does your Wildhammer Jersey have a hidden camera in it so they can watch from the twillight highlands? It makes far more sense that they know of your deeds because you killed orcs that were burning thier houses, rescued their food supplies or found stolen beer than killing squids that stick to your head in Vash'ir. Couple that with the fact that you are already getting rewards by doing dungeons with loot, valor + justice points for better loot, gold and call to arms loot bags and you want to be able to quintuple dip for rep at the same time? Then you sit around Orgrimmar wondering why you are bored and blaming Blizzard for making the game too easy.

You don't even have to do all the reps at once, if you do all the Klaxxi zone quests you get an almost complete set of 450 blue gear from quests and honored which has 2 pieces of valor gear. In the 4-5 weeks that it takes to buy all that with valor you can easily get honored with another group. By the time you get honored with all the groups you -should- have Sha/LFR/Raid gear that is better than valor gear so you don't even need revered. Toss in that Blizzard practically hands out epic rings/helms/trinkets in holiday events I really can't see what all the bellyaching is about.

Its far to easy to get raid ready without a single piece of valor gear or having completed a single daily quest. Just because you don't want to pursue those alternatives does not mean there are no alternatives to dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    The tabard system worked why they changed it god knows...
    Do you not understand that you only need Honored or Revered with most reps to get GEAR and then you can go masturbate in your dungeons to gain VP to buy them from the vendor?

The point is that tabards were a terrible idea because you didn't actually have to be in the world. At all. You just get your tabard and hang out in a major city.

That is not good game design, nor compelling design. If you want all the goodies that the factions give you, then you have to invest in them. By investment, I mean do the dailies and look at the story, and then you are rewarded. It's how it works and it's a great system.

I do not want tabards back, because tabards provided blues until Exalted. Now you can get high level purples at Honored and cool items at exalted after you put your time in.

Or you can forgo all of this and just LFR or Raid.

Causal Investment:
    Low: Heroic Dungeons
    Medium: Reputation Gear
    Medium: LFR
    High: Exalted dailies for flavor items

Raider Investment:
    Low: VP Cap
    Low: LFR
    Medium: Normal Raids
    High: Heroic Raids
    High: Exalted Dailies for flavor items

Seems about even if you ask me. You don't have to do them if you don't like them.
    Last edited by tehdef; 2012-11-02 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    Oh, dear god! Blizzard is forcing poor casuals to do dailes! Here are the news for you: If you want better gear/mounts/whatever you need to invest time. If you are casual, then you probably don't need epics for raids, if you want them just for lulz, it isn't important, so you don't need to do dailies at all. /end rant

Played since the start and got to commander rank in old pvp. Anyone who did that knows a grind when they see one....

But I have to say these dailys are stupid. The mechanic behind it is stupid. People who defend blizzard especially on this should probably re-evaluate your life because there is no excuse. This was a bad decision and needs to be rectified asap.

I can't play as much as I used to, who can? But when I do get time to play my time is taken up with running these dailies. Some might say you don't have to do them but that's bullshit. You HAVE to do them to do the other things. To get into the LFR beyond Mogu you have to have at least 470 gear. Can you get that from dungeons? Nope.
    Can you get them from crafting? Nope. Can you get them from raids? Yep but you have to be very lucky. After doing LFR since the start and using my coins I have received two drops. So you could be waiting an eternity for enough items from there as it all boils down to luck. You could spend the rest of your life in there but still not get the drops.

So what other ways are there? The only way is to buy the items with valor. But even then you can't just buy stuff with it, you have to have reputation with factions to get it.
    Not a problem right as we are used to the rep grind? Wrong its a pathetic slog that means your giving up maybe an hour or two of your gaming time doing those before you can even do the things you want to do!
    Having Golden Lotus rep give 120 rep per quest is stupid but nothing beats the stupidity of having to be revered with them before you can even start other ones....why? What does that achieve?

Add to that the actual quests themselves are annoying. Go collect 120 feathers from a mass farmed area where everyone is trying to get that 1 bird as soon as it spawns. So your time is spent rushing around trying to actually find those things!

So the point is your spending hours and hours every day just so you can get enough rep to buy gear to then go do a raid that will replace that gear....that's it. That gear will be gone. Is it right to spend so much time on something so meaningless that will be replaced soon? The mounts are fair enough. They will be with you forever. They should be difficult to get. But something that will be replaced in the raid that your grinding to get into is just stupid.

There has to be another way or people will get burned out. SO many of my guildies have just given up on them. How long will it be before they quit game if they have nothing to do? As a community it is in everyones interests to keep as many people playing as possible. A decreasing population does nothing for the game nor those playing it.

If your going to make people grind rep for items then at least give them multiple ways to do it. The tabard way at least meant you could go kill stuff in a dungeon if that is what you prefer to do. The dailies don't give you a choice at all.

People play games to have fun. This is not fun. It's like playing battlefield 3 but before you can go out on a map and shoot people you have to spend a few hours in the barracks cleaning the floor, washing dishes, changing bed sheets etc. If they did that nobody would play. This is no different.

As I said above there is no excuse for it and anyone who thinks there is needs to ask why they are defending it....

Quote Originally Posted by Falkano View Post
    Played since the start and got to commander rank in old pvp. Anyone who did that knows a grind when they see one....

But I have to say these dailys are stupid. The mechanic behind it is stupid. People who defend blizzard especially on this should probably re-evaluate your life because there is no excuse. This was a bad decision and needs to be rectified asap.

I can't play as much as I used to, who can? But when I do get time to play my time is taken up with running these dailies. Some might say you don't have to do them but that's bullshit. You HAVE to do them to do the other things. To get into the LFR beyond Mogu you have to have at least 470 gear. Can you get that from dungeons? Nope.
    Can you get them from crafting? Nope. Can you get them from raids? Yep but you have to be very lucky. After doing LFR since the start and using my coins I have received two drops. So you could be waiting an eternity for enough items from there as it all boils down to luck. You could spend the rest of your life in there but still not get the drops.

So what other ways are there? The only way is to buy the items with valor. But even then you can't just buy stuff with it, you have to have reputation with factions to get it.
    Not a problem right as we are used to the rep grind? Wrong its a pathetic slog that means your giving up maybe an hour or two of your gaming time doing those before you can even do the things you want to do!
    Having Golden Lotus rep give 120 rep per quest is stupid but nothing beats the stupidity of having to be revered with them before you can even start other ones....why? What does that achieve?

Add to that the actual quests themselves are annoying. Go collect 120 feathers from a mass farmed area where everyone is trying to get that 1 bird as soon as it spawns. So your time is spent rushing around trying to actually find those things!

So the point is your spending hours and hours every day just so you can get enough rep to buy gear to then go do a raid that will replace that gear....that's it. That gear will be gone. Is it right to spend so much time on something so meaningless that will be replaced soon? The mounts are fair enough. They will be with you forever. They should be difficult to get. But something that will be replaced in the raid that your grinding to get into is just stupid.

There has to be another way or people will get burned out. SO many of my guildies have just given up on them. How long will it be before they quit game if they have nothing to do? As a community it is in everyones interests to keep as many people playing as possible. A decreasing population does nothing for the game nor those playing it.

If your going to make people grind rep for items then at least give them multiple ways to do it. The tabard way at least meant you could go kill stuff in a dungeon if that is what you prefer to do. The dailies don't give you a choice at all.

People play games to have fun. This is not fun. It's like playing battlefield 3 but before you can go out on a map and shoot people you have to spend a few hours in the barracks cleaning the floor, washing dishes, changing bed sheets etc. If they did that nobody would play. This is no different.

As I said above there is no excuse for it and anyone who thinks there is needs to ask why they are defending it....
    You can get to honored doing regular zone quests to completion. That gives you 2 pieces of valor gear per faction. Add in 463 dungeon gear and trinkets/rings from holiday events to epic gear bought off auction house. Yes you can get epic 470+ gear crafting, my inscriptionist can make boa staffs and there are many other epic quality crafts that can be bought off the auction house. You can get gear in lfr as well, I have 2 pieces of lfr gear as my guild isnt ready for raiding yet. I am ilevel 470 and I only play 1 hour a day and 4-6 on friday. If I can do it anyone can.

STOP PUSHING LIES.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-11-02 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    (tell me without using heart of fear what alternative to similar gear a shaman caster has for his wrist slot that is not from valor).

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84983
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=84984

6 iLvl lower than VP one, 6 iLvl on one slot doesn't matter, especially if you aren't raiding.

Do continue

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 04:24 PM ----------

So what other ways are there? The only way is to buy the items with valor.
    If getting to 470 iLvl is your concern then Conquest points will get you there fine. I'm gonna ignore the rest of your poorly thought out whine despite being riled by your suggestion that I should be re-evaluating my life. I'm feeling chill at the moment :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    A solution that should be praised for i's efficacy. Frankly it's the only way we will see any change.
    you are right; after you stopped playing wow nobody "forces" you to do dailies anymore. but please don't come back or think because you guys unsubbed you "taught a lesson to blizzard". dailies ARE optional, and wow requires ZERO grinding (apart from the leveling of characters - but it's an mmorpg after all).

i don't do dailies. i don't farm. i don't grind. i just raid 2 times a week. i like MoP.

Ok one other one

A decreasing population does nothing for the game nor those playing it..

Not really true, if the quality of the game diminishes but the sub base goes up thats not an improvement. I'd happily see subs plummet if they game could be designed EXACTLY the way I'd like it but I'm happy enough with how things are at the moment, to each his own.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

6 iLvl lower than VP one, 6 iLvl on one slot doesn't matter, especially if you aren't raiding.

Do continue

If getting to 470 iLvl is your concern then Conquest points will get you there fine. I'm gonna ignore the rest of your poorly thought out whine despite being riled by your suggestion that I should be re-evaluating my life. I'm feeling chill at the moment :P
    You are kidding right? That item doesnt only has 6 ilvl less, but some of the ilvl is wasted on resilience. That item IS NOT an alternative to the valor wrists.

Please try to be serious in the conversation or ill have to ignore you a few pages again.

P.D: Not to mention the 0.11 chance to drop from a source that can be killed one time per week.... Mimiron's head and Invincible has more chance to drop, and they are woth 1 millon gold in the BMAH.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-11-02 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You can get to honored doing regular zone quests to completion. That gives you 2 pieces of valor gear per faction. Add in 463 dungeon gear and trinkets/rings from holiday events to epic gear bought off auction house. Yes you can get epic 470+ gear crafting, my inscriptionist can make boa staffs and there are many other epic quality crafts that can be bought off the auction house. You can get gear in lfr as well, I have 2 pieces of lfr gear as my guild isnt ready for raiding yet. I am ilevel 470 and I only play 1 hour a day and 4-6 on friday. If I can do it anyone can.

STOP PUSHING LIES.
    What lies?

Your the one that seems to have forgot you do dailies to get the valor to buy the gear...
    But even in your reply you admit it only gives you 2 pieces per faction. But yet you fail to mention one of those factions is Golden Lotus. And you think you can get to honoured with them through zone quests?! And you say i'm lying?

As I said before to get into LFR 470 you have to get a lot of luck in LFR Moshgun or get the items from rep which requires daily quests.

It seems you are trying as hard as possible to spin that into something which isn't true not me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    this is not true. firelands dailes were optional content. mop dailes are not. or maybe you think of everything as optional content. bgs are then optional as well as raids.
    From a Demo warlock point of view the Firelands dailies were ALOT LESS optional than the MOP ones. All the rep rewards from MOP are easily replaced later in the game, by either PVP or PVE. Right now, while the gearing race is still going, having another "edge" is simply good design.
    The dailies are optional. Really.

I'm running with 3 PVP pieces and 4 reputation pieces, it was the other way around until last week. So from a PVE-gearing-POV professions, daily quests (reputation) and PVP are all equally "required". Which obviously isn't the case, in any way.

I agree that from a "I wanna do well in this game!"-pov they aren't optional, but nothing is. From a casual gamer-pov I can't imagine what makes you feel that they are required... The gold coins?

Do continue

Right so let me get this straight. Your saying I should take pvp gear and then go into raids with that?! And then you go off on one about how you would prefer a game of people with your way of thinking?

The mechanics are flawed and too time consuming for little reward. But hey go ahead and defend it.

Deleted
    You are kidding right? That item doesnt only has 6 ilvl less, but some of the ilvl is wasted on resilience. That item IS NOT an alternative to the valor wrists.

Please try to be serious in the conversation or ill have to ignore you a few pages again.

P.D: Not to mention the 0.11 chance to drop from a source that can be killed one time per week.... Mimiron's head and Invincible has more chance to drop, and they are woth 1 millon gold in the BMAH.
    It is DEFINATELY an alternative. Anybody who's the least bit serious about this game was mixing rep rewards with pvp rewards to be decked as well as possible. Now that pvp items have two stats instead of one, albeit ever so slightly less, they are definately viable options. The quoted statement makes you look extremely foolish in my eyes. Resilience doesn't automaticly nerf your damage/healing/survivability by 99%. PVP loot is seriously good.

Earning Valor:
    random heroic
    raid bosses
    challenge mode
    LFR
    dailies

spending valor:
    must have rep with faction

You have tons of ways to earn valor, and the only way you can spend it, LITERALLY the only way, is if you do a couple weeks at least of dailies to farm the rep. It's beyond retarded.

What lies?

Your the one that seems to have forgot you do dailies to get the valor to buy the gear...
    But even in your reply you admit it only gives you 2 pieces per faction. But yet you fail to mention one of those factions is Golden Lotus. And you think you can get to honoured with them through zone quests?! And you say i'm lying?

As I said before to get into LFR 470 you have to get a lot of luck in LFR Moshgun or get the items from rep which requires daily quests.

It seems you are trying as hard as possible to spin that into something which isn't true not me.
    I didnt forget jack, I don't do dailies to get valor to buy gear, the majority of my valor comes from LFR (as my guild isnt ready for regular heroics yet) and herioc randoms. The valor from dailies is a nice cherry on top. The only dialy I look for to get valor is the cloud serpant race which gives 5+ a valor token for 5-15 extra valor. ALso if you cue into the last boss of an lfr you get 90 valor for completing and then you get tossed to the 1st and 2nd boss on next cue but if you stick around for the last boss you get 45 valor for completing him the second time. If your group is competant you just scored 45 valor in 5-10 minutes for doing 1 more boss. This is how I cap out valor every week, by using my brain.

Your lies are that you can't get 470 ilevel without doing dailies and that you cant craft epic gear to get you into 470 dungeons. There are options out there to avoid doing a single daily and still progress through raiding requirements in a timely mannor. Just because they are options you don't want to do doesn't mean there are no options. Doing dailies are the most efficient way of getting what you want (Which is why I suck it up like a man and just get it over with) but it is not required by far. You are just hoping that if you complain enough Blizzard will just mail you a full set of epics and thats not going to happen.

God forbid you should have to get out of Orgrimmar and do something to get something.

Right so let me get this straight. Your saying I should take pvp gear and then go into raids with that?! And then you go off on one about how you would prefer a game of people with your way of thinking?

The mechanics are flawed and too time consuming for little reward. But hey go ahead and defend it.
    You both need to keep up

On items that aren't weapons or trinkets, no iLvl is wasted on resilience or PvP power. Learn some more about the game.

So for example lets DIRECTLY compare wrists that Crashdummy is whining about.

Intellect : 604 < 638

Stamina : 906 < 958

Haste : 353 > 343

Mastery 432 compared to Crit of 474. Not sure which is more useful to your shaman.

Alternatively have 432 Spirit, and 353 Crit (Sprit = Hit still right?)

Plus mine have some PvP stats...

And 0.11% drop chance?? These things you get from winning 13 BG's ifyou spread it over 12 days, or 25 BGs if you farm them. Or 30 mins queuing Arena with a BM hunter.

I'm being deathly serious, those are BETTER than anything that drops in heroics, and only a tiny bit worse (6 iLvl) than the ones you guys can't be arsed to farm.

Come back when you actually have a clue, maybe?

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by drhay53 View Post
    Earning Valor:
    random heroic
    raid bosses
    challenge mode
    LFR
    dailies

spending valor:
    must have rep with faction

You have tons of ways to earn valor, and the only way you can spend it, LITERALLY the only way, is if you do a couple weeks at least of dailies to farm the rep. It's beyond retarded.
    Till 5.1 right? When you can actually spend Valor on something useful

10+ Year Old Account

How useful is debatable and frankly how rewarding is also debatable. Any one expecting this ilvl upgrade system to be a panacea for what currently bugs people is gonna be sorely disappointed I feel. Ultimately every time someone says doing dailies is optional they should also say "but don't expect to actually get valor gear this expansion"

Tabard + Dailies + Weekly Rep Cap = The right system for everyone.

Weekly rep cap = how much rep you can get through doing the dailies everyday. This will mess with Golden Lotus but other than that wouldn't hurt any of the other reps. The problem is the system favors one side or the other currently. Last expansion it favored the person who had just one or two days to get everything done outside of Raid and PvP. Now the system favors those who can play everyday for about 2 hours or 3, and completly leaves the otherside in the dark and behind for progression in raid. It mainly effects people who raid normal and heroic modes who can't play every single day for 2 to 3 hours.

Saying dailies aren't required is a very true and valid statement, if you don't care about your other raid members and don't mind being bumped for a shit ass item level and grinding 1000 dungeons in hopes of getting enough gear to survive. Relying on drop rates is not the best way to gear yourself for a real raid team.

Also 5.1 upgrade system is that even a guarantee yet? or is it still in the works? Also whose to say you won't have to have a certain rep with a group to use said valor upgrade system?
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2012-11-02 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

God forbid you should have to get out of Orgrimmar and do something to get something.
    If that something isn't particularly interesting then getting out of Orgrimmar for the sake of getting out of Orgrimmar is pretty shitty. Let's not forget you had daily quests throughout cataclysm as well. You could have chose to do them then, you just didn't presumably because the reward wasn't as good. When people feel forced and compelled it's not without reason.

Sort of. But early indications are that spending valor to upgrade a 463 still won't bring it anywhere near the 489 you can buy with the points instead. It will still be pretty much required for a new max level character to grind dailies for rep if they want to get the most out of their VP.

I just don't like the two being connected. If you want to give me special currency for doing dailies to spend on items that require rep, fine. But let me spend the currency I earn in dungeons/raids on something that only requires me to run dungeons/raids.

Blizzard is burying their head in the sand and saying "it's optional, you don't have to do it".

How about they recognize that giving people currency for simply running a random heroic, and then requiring you to grind rep to spend that currency, is not making something optional for a very high percentage of gamers. Who is going to let their valor cap and just sit there because they refuse to do dailies? Almost no one. We all will grind it out and complain when we hate it. And it's frankly Blizzard's dumb design decision on ways to spend valor that caused it.
    Last edited by drhay53; 2012-11-02 at 06:31 PM.