Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yskonijn View Post
    People moaning about not want to do dailies, are just lazy. There, i said it. Go play an other game if you don't like it.
    Hahahahahaha......how uninformed, uneducated that reponse is....

People who do dailys have a serious addiction...P

See how easy that works?

It SHOULD NOT FEEL LIKE A JOB!@

Lazy? Lazy? People come home to relax and play some WoW, NOT to do some more 'work' which they are forced to do.

These threads are much more fun to read when you've already unsubbed and watching people justify why they pay $15/month to do something a Chinese kid gets paid 8c/hour to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    1. They ARE harder for you because they're trivial, therefore you're too lazy to go and do them, no matter how much you complain I'd like to point out that you're complaining on here while you could be putting in some music, go out and do your dailies, bam, done, get it over with. It's called willpower.

2. You're sitting here and scrutinizing WoW yet you bring up Skyrim? What happens after you get everything in Skyrim? Every quest done? Every cavern/tomb discovered? Oh, you put it away on a shelf, until you get ONE expansion, you do that in maybe a month, you're done.

WoW? I can guarantee you that you haven't done everything this game has to offer, considering there's only one person to have technically "beaten" WoW, that's how much content there is.

You're just choosing to not do them, and then turn around and complain about nothing to do.

You know what you sound like? My super picky sister, when she opened the fridge when we were little. *Sees entire fridge stocked full of food* There's nothing to eat. What she MEANT was there's nothing SHE wanted to eat, yet she had loads of options, even using her own car, and the money she made from her job, and going out and buying her own groceries. My parents weren't going to just buy everything over again or sector off a butt load of their grocery list just because she was an extremely picky eater.

In this aspect, it's gaming, so what I would like for you to do, is put WoW down, walk away from it, go find something else to do until WoW has something that engages you again. Whoolah.

Blizzard catered to casuals once, and it put them in a pretty big hole.
    1. They aren't harder, they're just tedious. Time invested isn't a challenge to anything buy my ability to continue to pay for this game.

2. It took me alot longer than 2 weeks to get bored of Skyrim.

Blizzard got in the hole because they couldn't produce enough end game content, not because they catered to casuals. I know of almost no one who said hey Blizzard make this game less rewarding. They did say they were bored and they were bored because it takes them Blizzard to long to get anything done. The solution is of course to invest more into warcraft and less into titan or whatever other project they are working. Don't ask me to do more with less. I choose not to do dailies because they are boring, unrewarding and a fucking job that doesn't pay you enough. I had menial low labor jobs that weren't really challenging and never paid enough and that's what dailies are. Blizzard catering to whomever their catering now will put them in a whole as well. Well unless that's the chinese of course. That's the only thing I can't figure out in all of this. Will the game continue to go south because the asian markets demand this style? Time will tell I guess.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 06:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    But really, with 5.1 implementing the upgrade, and people who hate dailies no longer needing to do dailies for gear, won't that solve a lot of the disagreement?
    Nope. Because the point system isn't rewarding enough, it can't be. They want to make boss drops more rewarding and valor has to suck it. Ultimately what this is all about is giving players a PVE system they had outside of the raid to get reward that was higher than the norm in this case ilvl 463. That system is gone and naturally people are a little bit upset.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 06:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Yes but the people who want gear outside of raids who

a) Don't raid
    b) Don't PvP and
    c) Don't enjoy dailies

...is pretty small. Because most of the people I know who fitted all 3 of those things, also didn't give a fuck about having pimp gear. So no, I'd say the majoirty of people complaining are being dumb because theres no NEED to do any dailies whatsoever. And I get fixated on the gear only becuase its the reason people give for HAVING to do these dailies...
    Nope. Because they've made pvp less rewarding to really. Do you fucking RBG for the rest of your conquest points or fucking suck it. And furthermore all those groups of people like to get rewarded at a better rate. The rate they were being rewarded in the past. They get fixated on dailies because that's where the coke hit is. I guess it really does ultimately boil down to how many people give a fuck about pimp gear. I would suggest that if most people didn't give a fuck about pimp gear well cataclysm had dailies to. IF most people didn't give a fuck about pimp gear well then valor gear doesn't need to have a rep requirement then. Apparently lots of people give a fuck about pimp gear and what's more over lot's of people like to get rewarded at a steady pace. In any event my suspicion is that this expansion will lose NA subs but make them up in China. I'm not sure they break it down like that but we'll see I guess.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-03 at 06:59 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im going to say this for the thousandth time.

the valor gear is for casuals /endthread
    Or for people with bad luck in loot drops, Im no superstar raider but I clear enough bosses a week to expect some gear (in of itself isnt bad just bl). As it is my highest Ilevel stuff is all valour gear I need badly to compete, if I hadnt done those dailys id be at a much lower Ilevel than expected and slipping behind in performance in my raid.
    Fact of the matter is if you wanted to be at the top of your game for HoF release you needed to do the daily's incase you had an unlucky few weeks of drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im going to say this for the thousandth time.

the valor gear is for casuals

Puuuuuhleeease be reasonable, it's for everyone, 489 gear will optimise a raider during this patch as well as make life easier for the casual gamer, it really is that obvious, it was obvious when badge of justice rewards were equiv to T5 in TBC and from then onwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Hahahahahaha......how uninformed, uneducated that reponse is....

People who do dailys have a serious addiction...P

See how easy that works?

It SHOULD NOT FEEL LIKE A JOB!@

Lazy? Lazy? People come home to relax and play some WoW, NOT to do some more 'work' which they are forced to do.
    I do find dailies quite relaxing.

So did I just make your argument invalid, or...?
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korchinks View Post
    Puuuuuhleeease be reasonable, it's for everyone, 489 gear will optimise a raider during this patch as well as make life easier for the casual gamer, it really is that obvious, it was obvious when badge of justice rewards were equiv to T5 in TBC and from then onwards.
    Paragons fury warrior was and is still I think using the rep shoulders. It is definitely for everyone. Paragon is extreme in what they have to do but I'm not sure how you can say it's not for raiders but the pinnacle elite of raiders is using it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    I do find dailies quite relaxing.

So did I just make your argument invalid, or...?
    It takes different strokes to move the world
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    And no, YOU DONT NEED DAILIES TO SPEND VALOR!!! You can spend valor just doing the regular quests in that factions zone and getting to honored. You even get rep doing quests in herioc dungeons with factions. With the 1k valor cap per week it will take 2-3 months for you to buy all the honored valor gear and if you cant get 1 week's worth of dailies to get to revered in another faction to unlock more then you are just being stubborn or incompetant.
    I'll just quote this and hope people read it.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    And no, YOU DONT NEED DAILIES TO SPEND VALOR!!! You can spend valor just doing the regular quests in that factions zone and getting to honored.
    IF you're human, yeah. But there are other races out there.

Upon ending the questing I was:
    Shado pan - friendly (500 rep missing to honored)
    Klaxxi - Honored
    Lotus - Neutral
    Celestials - Neutral

So that leaves me exactly one item to buy for my valor and thus round about two weeks to get any of the factions to revered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    IF you're human, yeah. But there are other races out there.

Upon ending the questing I was:
    Shado pan - friendly (500 rep missing to honored)
    Klaxxi - Honored
    Lotus - Neutral
    Celestials - Neutral

So that leaves me exactly one item to buy for my valor and thus round about two weeks to get any of the factions to revered.
    You can't possibly have done all quests. The extra reputation you get as human couldn't possibly cover those differences.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't possibly have done all quests. The extra reputation you get as human couldn't possibly cover those differences.
    Yes it can, in the case of Shado Pan and yes I had SEVERAL members in my guild who had the same problem. I completely did Towlong Steppes and Kun'lai as well as both Dungeon quests.

Remember Golden Lotus and Celestials do not have questing areas. You're neutral to them until you start doing dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yes it can, in the case of Shado Pan and yes I had SEVERAL members in my guild who had the same problem. I completely did Towlong Steppes and Kun'lai as well as both Dungeon quests.

Remember Golden Lotus and Celestials do not have questing areas. You're neutral to them until you start doing dailies.
    This is da troof, as a human I was 267 rep into honored with Shado-pan as a human, and over the 6k of friendly, I'd have gained 600 bonus rep. Not forgetting that not everyone is in guild with 10% rep gain (most do, don't get me wrong)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    My point is people that say don't do them are narrow minded and can't see it from another perspective.
    Narrow minded like the people who think that mindlessly running dungeons in order to get everything you need in the game is an enjoyable approach for the majority of players?

Pot meet kettle. /thread

For everyone saying the tabard system sucks, you have every right to think that. There are a lot of us that think dailies suck. Why oh why aren't both options available? If blizz doesn't want people climbing to exalted over night with a tabard system then just put a daily cap on what you can earn. It's that what they are doing anyway by making you do dailies? You can only do so many a day meaning they have control over how fast you go. Solution is to give both options and let the player decide how they want to reach the top.

BLIZZ FORCING PEOPLE TO DO DAILIES IS RIDICULOUS!!

They'll lose money when people stop subbing because they are tired of grinding on 5 different toons.

Oh and the argument that you don't have to do them? I can skip them but I won't see any of the rewards. I guess I could go into the lfr lol. I've done it for the last two weeks and haven't seen anything but 28g in a bag. Hell, I don't know that real items even exist.

Call me a casual and I'll probably agree but I pay like everyone else and the min I get bored with my first 90 and I look to another toon, I'm just going to find another game to play when I'm not working because I'll have dailies looming in the distance whenever I try to get excited about the leveling again. And yes if you really wanted to you could gear up other ways but it takes away so much by skipping them especially this early in the expansion.

Blizz what ever happened to giving your players options? You are c*ckblocking the system and it will bite you in the bottom.