Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    How much do the 150% mounts and the 200% mounts cost?
    150% = 300P
    200% = 1000p

EDIT: Damm you Azuri and your lightning fast reaction skills!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    EDIT: Damm you Azuri and your lightning fast reaction skills!
    Heh passing some time at work.

Off topic but check your e-mails or beta log in a wave of 24/7 friends & family beta invites went out last night. Huge download update from the last closed beta.

Damn, I hope you make pretty good cash in SL, because the 200% mount is going to be expensive for me.

Yes, I'm poor as shit in game. I've always sucked at making money in any MMO I'm in unless I'm part of a guild that sells runs through stuff/achievements to super rich people (that's how I made about 90% of my money in most games).

I'm not sure I've made 1k plat total amongst all my characters playing since head start. Ouch. Even the 300 plat one would take pretty much all my current cash from my two 50's.

I knew I should've kept at the artifact hunting and selling, but I reached a point where I just wanted them for myself, not the cash. Doh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by merrier View Post
    I'm not sure I've made 1k plat total amongst all my characters playing since head start. Ouch. Even the 300 plat one would take pretty much all my current cash from my two 50's.

I knew I should've kept at the artifact hunting and selling, but I reached a point where I just wanted them for myself, not the cash. Doh.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Damn, I hope you make pretty good cash in SL, because the 200% mount is going to be expensive for me.

Yes, I'm poor as shit in game. I've always sucked at making money in any MMO I'm in unless I'm part of a guild that sells runs through stuff/achievements to super rich people (that's how I made about 90% of my money in most games).

I'm at 1200p atm I've just liquidated (I was at 100p two weeks ago) every mat you can think of that is virtually useless come SL. Wasn't too hard. Since launch I've massed about 3K plat. I was usually pushing all the new content fast to get premium prices selling things that are "new" I don't normally play the AH but selling stuff that's in demand at the start of each patch is profitable.

Off topic but check your e-mails or beta log in a wave of 24/7 friends & family beta invites went out last night. Huge download update from the last closed beta.
    Wow, they are just tossing out tons of patches on Beta, I got 800k yesterday and another 1.2gig download today. O_o. It's going to be nice and shinny for open beta this weekend. \o/

I've been on Live like three times in the last two months, I should have liquidated all my consumables and mats but it's probably too late now

I'm pretty useless at making money, I get the vast majority of mine from GDKPs, so my cash flow is going to be hindered for a fair while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I'm pretty useless at making money, I get the vast majority of mine from GDKPs, so my cash flow is going to be hindered for a fair while yet.
    This is how I make money in other games I play. Really need to get back into raiding in Rift so that I can start doing these again. The best is when your guild starts selling achievements/kills to super rich players too.

I seem to be able to fudge enough money for raid consumables just from raiding and doing dungeons, but affording the 200% mount is going to be rough I feel. But that's good, I'll feel like I earnt it, just like when I purchased my 110% mount originally.

Deleted
    Just keep in mind that there is quite a good inflation in the gain of plat, so 1,000 plat will not be to 'difficult' to obtain in storm legion ^^

Deleted
    I have a question: how do they manage to make this ton of content so fast? I mean seriously! A bunch of stuff and all sounds amazing. Seriously, if I wasn't in a not so good place financially now I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Between this and GW2 I'd have the best time ever with games.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I have a question: how do they manage to make this ton of content so fast? I mean seriously! A bunch of stuff and all sounds amazing. Seriously, if I wasn't in a not so good place financially now I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Between this and GW2 I'd have the best time ever with games.
    I think they explained it before, (Don't quote me on this though) that essentially the development tools they have access to allows them to essentially edit things, and test simultaneously, so it allows them to build things at a very quick pace.

Any specific details on defiler? Nobody has really touched on it besides the links. Which IMO 2 are useless, 5% and 10%? Is it really worth the GCD? Who would you need to put this on in a raid situation to make this matter since damage will fluctuate from person to person.

I am tempted to screw around with it on the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    They 'should' update, I'll do a bit of testing on this at the weekend and petition to get it fixed if they are don't match your fastest speed, but in theory I believe the main goal is to make all mounts match your fastest speed (Just so other mounts are not made redundant!)
    Tested this out on this beta. So once you learn a 150% mount all you mounts are upgraded. I raced my friend while he was using his bear mount and I used my RAF mount I have and he didn't leave me eating his dust. \o/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Tested this out on this beta. So once you learn a 150% mount all you mounts are upgraded. I raced my friend while he was using his bear mount and I used my RAF mount I have and he didn't leave me eating his dust. \o/
    Dev's are watching Azuri

Always Watching.

How is PvP? Is it still the same as before where gear matters and damage is insane?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Any specific details on defiler? Nobody has really touched on it besides the links. Which IMO 2 are useless, 5% and 10%? Is it really worth the GCD? Who would you need to put this on in a raid situation to make this matter since damage will fluctuate from person to person.
    Hey Zito, I've put up feedback on the defiler in its relevant thread - there are 4 links, not two, and they are not on the GCD, meaning that you can swap them strategically mid encounter and at will; also, the links take effect after mitigation, which makes them a truckload more effective. the class also has a passive pet that reflects and absorbs damage, meaning it will synergize with almost every dps soul (lures attackers, blast them with AOE and dots or cleave them to bits
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Hey Zito, I've put up feedback on the defiler in its relevant thread - there are 4 links, not two, and they are not on the GCD, meaning that you can swap them strategically mid encounter and at will; also, the links take effect after mitigation, which makes them a truckload more effective. the class also has a passive pet that reflects and absorbs damage, meaning it will synergize with almost every dps soul (lures attackers, blast them with AOE and dots or cleave them to bits
    My question was meant more primary for the healing potential. I left out the other 2 links because it's obvious where both those links will be on in an encounter. I am more interesting in the usefulness of a 5% link and how defiler healing is like.

Can I macro a link into a healing skill? Meaning before I heal I will apply the link, then start healing that target meaning that target will receive 5% constant damage reduction while I continue to heal him? Or because since it will be macroed into the spam heal the first activation will apply it then the second application will cancel it and then the thrid application will apply it again... etc?

If I can't macro the links I guess separate keybind is fine and easy fast fingers to switch links to the person I'm healing. Though that is a bit tideous to do it every time I switch a target and I am running out of keybinds with so many skills...

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    My question was meant more primary for the healing potential. I left out the other 2 links because it's obvious where both those links will be on in an encounter. I am more interesting in the usefulness of a 5% link and how defiler healing is like.

Can I macro a link into a healing skill? Meaning before I heal I will apply the link, then start healing that target meaning that target will receive 5% constant damage reduction while I continue to heal him? Or because since it will be macroed into the spam heal the first activation will apply it then the second application will cancel it and then the thrid application will apply it again... etc?

If I can't macro the links I guess separate keybind is fine and easy fast fingers to switch links to the person I'm healing. Though that is a bit tideous to do it every time I switch a target and I am running out of keybinds with so many skills...
    From a healing perspective, the defiler in its 51 build has three primary heals - one instant cast ST heal with no CD, and one insta cast AOE heal with no CD. the third heal is a 2 second cast. reports coming in from the beta indicate that these three need buffing atm, but once again, players are testing at levels 52 and 56 with very few at 60 (outside of the alpha testers) so we don't know how the healing looks at end game. there is also the fowl growth mechanic (heal) that basically stacks on a player and you proc it when needed, its pretty potent as far as the feedback we've seen. Needless to say, your heals are MORE effective on linked players as well.

If you're interested in the math; Defiler's Gift grants +1%dmg, +0.5% heal increase, +1% reduced damage taken from links Per point in the Defiler soul. if talented with sacred heart (30% reduction to own damage taken from links) and with 51 points in the spec, you are talking about really really big numbers that you can absorb from the raid and redirect to yourself. theorycrafters are estimating that you can prevent nearly 4000 dmg with the 20% ink and take 700 damage yourself, without husk of indifference being used. - again, this is all also without taking mitigation into consideration.

As for the links (from a macro perspective), we don't know yet because the links (at least at the last beta) were sort of bugged in that they didn't drop off of players once you left the group. I will be able to check this for myself once I settle down and am able to access this 3rd Beta and let you know.

also, and largely due to the Pain transference dps mechanics via the links, it seems that the most logical placement of the links will be on the melee - since they are closest to the boss and usually bunched up.

Try the soul for yourself. it is, in my humble opinion, one of the most interesting I've ever seen.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    If you're interested in the math; Defiler's Gift grants +1%dmg, +0.5% heal increase, +1% reduced damage taken from links Per point in the Defiler soul.
    as of this open beta, False. Defiler's gift no longer reduces link damage taken.