Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Post Answering ALL Questions about RIFT:Storm Legion that new/ex Rift players have

So Recently I've seen a mass increase in the number of people browsing the RIFT forums on MMO champion, most likely due to the upcoming buzz generated by RIFT:Storm Legion and I wanted to make a thread dedicated to answering ANY and ALL the questions you have about the upcoming RIFT expansion Storm Legion, I will edit the orginal thread to contain any FAQ, So Ask away and myself and all the other RIFT 'Veterans/No Lifers' will do our best to answer them!

Features of Storm Legion:
    • Dimensions - Player Housing
    • Two huge new continents (Dusken and Brevane) both slightly larger than Telera in its current state, effectively tripling the landmass of RIFT
    • New joint faction capital city - Tempest Bay
    • A new soul for each of the callings:
      -Rogue: Tactician
      -Mage: Harbringer
      -Warrior: Tempest
      -Cleric: Defiler
    • 7 New Dungeons (All with expert difficulty)
    • 1 New Instanced 10 Man raid, Triumph of the Dragon Queen - Alternate reality where crucia has won, along with 4 bosses, there are quite a few puzzles you must solve to progress through the dungeon... I hope you like teamgameplay!
    • 2 New Instanced 20 man raids, On the release of Storm Legion the Crucia raid will be available (Frozen Tempest), 4 weeks later the Regulos raid will Unlock (Endless Eclipse)
    • At least 3 new open world raid rifts! (Life/Air/Death)
    • New Chronicle- A Hero Rising, where you defend Tempest bay from the attacking forces of the Storm Legion... Ends with a Giant Robot gunship battle.
    • New Type of open world progression entitled 'hunt rifts', these rifts differ slightly from tier to tier, the first tier has 18 Different 'baddies' to hunt and they are all fairly straightfoward as the tiers advance the difficulty increases.
    • New Warfront and Prestiege ranks increased to 80
    • New Type of Quest- Carnage, which are started when you kill a certain type of mob, this then tells you to kill X amount of that mob therefore sending you on a Carnage of destruction, these reward XP and Endgame currency in the higher level areas
    • Mob tagging is a thing of the past!, Anyone who hits a mob gets credit for the kill
    • 2 New Mount speeds - 130% and 150%
    • Due to the changes with most classes abilities and the way they work, the days of 2 button macro spamming are pretty much over!
    • Any Class can wear any type of armour in the wardrobe! (For example I'm rolling about on my mage with full plate armour... looking like a bawse)
    • Even more Puzzly Puzzles, for all the puzzles in Storm Legion you must complete a set of Artifact sets to obtain the book to activate it and then combine it with material, not to mention the puzzles are EXTREMLEY deadly, Mid-air dominoes with despawning platforms Oh... Your going to have fun
    • Around 16 new hidden Cairns of Treasure

Media~

Last edited by mmoc318c19303a; 2012-11-19 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot to mention Carnage quests which are quests you do on the "fly" by either killing one type of mob, which pops up a "kill 20 more" or by clicking on an object

The beauty of these type quests is that you pick them up out in the open World, no need to go to a traditional quest hub or have an NPC give it to you, pick it up, kill the mobs and get instant credit, XP and rewards...all on the fly

Also mob tagging is a thing of the past, no more spawn camping or waiting for respawns, everyone gets credit for a kill and even shares loot most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Also mob tagging is a thing of the past, no more spawn camping or waiting for respawns, everyone gets credit for a kill and even shares loot most of the time
    My gawd, this makes me even more tempted to buy it xD.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

10+ Year Old Account
    Soul repair cost went up slightly not that was a big factor but that could change on release. I'll pop up some screen shots of some other changes from this beta weekend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Soul repair cost went up slightly not that was a big factor but that could change on release. I'll pop up some screen shots of some other changes from this beta weekend.
    Yea they've effectively doubled at 60 (2p for a FULL mend), but then again the inflation with plat gain is a lot higher, so in effective cost it actually costs less ^^

Also added a bit in about Carnage and mob tagging, thank you for that slip :P

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    As if this was ever an issue for Rift players. hahahaha
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Heres a Question.

Why did the Cleric Devs decide to give Clerics yet another boring Healing Soul instead of Maybe a New Melee/CasterDps/Tank soul. The worst thing about Clerics was the Fact that the Melee/Caster Specs basically have to Dip into the Healer/Tank soul already, and having 1 Tank soul we are kind of pigeon-holed into 1 kind of tanking instead of some variety.

Could've done so much better with a Cleric Soul other than "random healer archtype#5"
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Lets see if you can answer this

Rift, pvp, SL... what's happening? Does the pvp gear reset at new max lvl so everyone can get a fresh start? Or will players farm lvl50 gear for a year after hitting lvl 60? How big is the gear gap between lvl 50 and lvl60? Any new warfronts? Will conquest be updated for r50 or will there be a new version of it for lvl60s? Is there anything happening that's completely new and different in that field?

Something to chew on :P

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 02:13 PM ----------

Ah noticed now, prestige rank lvl 80? Omg those devs really got those 10 pvp vets grabbing their balls... so afraid of losing them if they change anything. Is 10 vets worth more than several new players? One can wonder, one can wonder. Anyway, noone will want to spend a year in lvl 50 gear at lvl 60

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Lets see if you can answer this

Rift, pvp, SL... what's happening? Does the pvp gear reset at new max lvl so everyone can get a fresh start? Or will players farm lvl50 gear for a year after hitting lvl 60? How big is the gear gap between lvl 50 and lvl60? Any new warfronts? Will conquest be updated for r50 or will there be a new version of it for lvl60s? Is there anything happening that's completely new and different in that field?

Something to chew on :P

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 02:13 PM ----------

Ah noticed now, prestige rank lvl 80? Omg those devs really got those 10 pvp vets grabbing their balls... so afraid of losing them if they change anything. Is 10 vets worth more than several new players? One can wonder, one can wonder. Anyway, noone will want to spend a year in lvl 50 gear at lvl 60
    I'll answer this more fully when I get home and can take a few screenshots of new PVP gear :P, But essentially there is a massive decrease on current valor on gear so level 50 gear gets made redundant, when you reach level 60 there is a totally new set of gear to go through (AKA Fresh start) and the Prestiege gain is much higer (meaning that you will be able to power through the first 50 ranks to catch up) ^^

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Heres a Question.

Why did the Cleric Devs decide to give Clerics yet another boring Healing Soul instead of Maybe a New Melee/CasterDps/Tank soul. The worst thing about Clerics was the Fact that the Melee/Caster Specs basically have to Dip into the Healer/Tank soul already, and having 1 Tank soul we are kind of pigeon-holed into 1 kind of tanking instead of some variety.

Could've done so much better with a Cleric Soul other than "random healer archtype#5"
    Another "boring" healing soul? I was under the impression it was more support, and instead of healing, redirected damage. It is a unique concept unlike any support/healer in any other MMO.

I a calling designed primarily to heal, with several DPS option AND a tanking option you complain there is only 1 tank option? Wow, just wow.

Deleted
    also there is a new warfront confirmed,whitefall will change and will be like escalation all the time....elrar on live stream said about new cq maps coming but not officially confirmed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Omg those devs really got those 10 pvp vets grabbing their balls... so afraid of losing them if they change anything. Is 10 vets worth more than several new players?

PvP is still low on Trion's totem pole. But CQ is still going strong I'm only guessing but matches are still 300 to 400 people in size and so close to an expansion is still pretty impressive. Rumors of new CQ maps and a new warfornt are still hovering. You're dreaming if you think Rift pvp will be competitive in a e-sport fashion I would think most PVPers would know this by now.

As a player who just returned for this expansion what should I be doing to prepare for the it? Is there going to be a gear reset? Also why are seals so expensive? Is inscribed source stone still useful in the expansion? Are all current currencies being made obsolete at 60? Is leveling fishing and survival worth my time? Is Queen Miela actually Crucia? Are the new zones brighter because I forgot how dark most zones are, like I need to increase the gamma on my monitor dark? Is there a new mount speed? That's all I can think of now.

Edit: Any new chronicles? I love those things.
    Last edited by Clymene; 2012-10-30 at 01:59 PM.

Have you had a chace to try out pvp? how is it comparing to live?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymene
    Is Queen Miela actually Crucia?
    No

Is inscribed source stone still useful in the expansion?.
    The Inscribed sourcestones themselves are not, but you can still convert Inscribed Sourcestones into Planarite which will be useful in the expansion, a large amount of planarite is needed to buy Hunt RIFT lures from the vendor in tempest bay

Is leveling fishing and survival worth my time?.
    Its Vanity mostly, Fishing will probably provide a good source of making money (Artifacts, Feast mats etc) and Survival will be useful as the food from it will most likely be the best consumable food, although stats on food etc are still to be confirmed

Is there going to be a gear reset?.
    Endgame raiders will have a slight advantage leveling up, but when you reach level 56-58 current endgame gear will be replaced with games, so when you get to 60 everyone will be on the same platform

Is there a new mount speed?.
    Yes 2 Infact, 150% and 200%

Any new chronicles? I love those things.
    Yes there is! Its called a Hero Rising and will be located in Tempest bay, Updated the info on this at the top

Also why are seals so expensive?.
    There are lots of different types of Seals, I mean you can get a rubbish green seal for a few gold, if you want the Best in Slot seals your going to have to sink your money into that

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 02:42 PM ----------

Heres a Question.

Have you played a Defiler on beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Hungryhippo
    Have you had a chace to try out pvp? how is it comparing to live?
    There has been no PVP test and it is unlikely we will see one before the launch of Storm Legion, It looks like it is going to be very very interesting though, some of the level 60 talents will definitely mean things are definitely getting a bit more spiced up, I have good expectations for Storm Legion PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    This is honestly one of the biggest changes of the expansion. Seriously, this is huge in promoting more co-operative gameplay.

And Seatin, you forgot one of the most important changes! We can now equip any type of armor in our wardrobe!

Heres a Question.

As Lathais pointed out, this is not a pure healing soul. Damage absorption and redirection is what it effectively does, and the four links are not trifles since they absorb damage AFTER mitigation and not before.

I'm honestly not sure why people continually misread the soul; the changes are significant. I'm happy as a cleric because I no longer need to rely on the Justicar soul for heals or absorbs, I can now play defiler or warden with my chosen main spec, and get a passive pet to boot for a very small investment in talents. essentially, they've significantly upgraded the potential for selection. Finally, Defiler is versatile enough (Absorb, Redirect, heal and DPS) to be a viable support soul, which is exactly what Cleric class was missing before.

People can argue that druid is support but since it got buffed in 1.7 (as far as I recall), its more of a pure dps class, and I never found the pets to be very effective in a group environment.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Hello. Does Trion have any new plans to quicker fix raid bugs when the raids are first released ?

My problem with Rift was the macro's. I found playing at end game to be boring because all you had to do is lookup 2 or 3 macro scripts for however your were spec'd and spam those (over simplifying but you get my point). I understand that there are so many abilities, reactive abilities, procs etc etc and thats why but...

So my question is, is that still the case?
    Say I want to play a DPS Cleric (shaman) will that boil down to two macros that I spam non-stop or did they clean things up a bit and put any type of restrictions on macro scripts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazi View Post

So my question is, is that still the case?
    Say I want to play a DPS Cleric (shaman) will that boil down to two macros that I spam non-stop or did they clean things up a bit and put any type of restrictions on macro scripts?
    No. the macro system has changed significantly over the last patch; and the whole "1 macro or 2 macro - play an entire class system" is dead.

I never understood why that was ever an issue, you don't like macro play, don't play with macros.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 04:24 PM ----------

Exodus of the Storm Queen Dungeon is now live on EU shards. (not sure about US)

Keep in mind that only those who per-ordered can access it.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }