Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why in the world are people complaining about Cleric's getting another "boring" healing soul.

I love the variety - with the new talents, it's already too "new" to be boring.

I absolutely love the cleric - heck, before free server transfers came out, I leveled a 2nd Cleric, so now I have two level 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    No. the macro system has changed significantly over the last patch; and the whole "1 macro or 2 macro - play an entire class system" is dead.
    Good to hear, in what patch specifically did things change? I would like to read up on it. If I'm understanding you correctly I will be back for SL without a doubt.

I never understood why that was ever an issue, you don't like macro play, don't play with macros.
    Well, I'm the type of player that wants to do the best I possibly can with my character and not using Macro's put you at a huge disadvantage against those that do. It was mandatory from my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    We can now equip any type of armor in our wardrobe!
    That is definitely a good change. Always hated that stupid restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazi View Post
    Good to hear, in what patch specifically did things change? I would like to read up on it. If I'm understanding you correctly I will be back for SL without a doubt.

Well, I'm the type of player that wants to do the best I possibly can with my character and not using Macro's put you at a huge disadvantage against those that do. It was mandatory from my point of view.
    I am not sure whether i was patch 1.10 or 1.11 that broke macros, but it was that recent.

As it relates to macros, most players have found that they worsened performance, significantly, many of the regular players here will attest to that.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

I am not sure whether i was patch 1.10 or 1.11 that broke macros, but it was that recent.

As it relates to macros, most players have found that they worsened performance, significantly, many of the regular players here will attest to that.
    1.11 broke them, it came with the soul tree updates.

You can still macro many abilities together even after the change, but it's nothing like it was before. My VK has two full hotbars full of abilities (including a few macros), it's kinda nuts. My Inquisitor went from like, 3 macros and 3 abilities to 2 macro's and about 6-7 abilities. So you can still cut down a bit, but nothing like before.

Like Edge said, 1.11 killed all-or-nothing macros. Mind you, 7 abilities on a macro never gained anyone the best DPS in a top raid, but Trion turned a lot of abilities into Insta-cast, removing chains of timered abilities.

Nowadays, macros are more often used for either/or purposes. If I'm in range, X gets cast, otherwise, ability Y is used, or 1. cast 15 sec buff 2. cast spammable spell. Additionally, there are a lot of priorities built into a rotation. For example, ability A reduces armor against magic, so when that procs, you use a different spell, then go back to your physical damage rotation.

Macros are still used, and used A LOT, for some specs, but you're dealing with 10 2-spell macros, instead of a faceroll 3 button rotation that includes 20 spells.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    This is honestly one of the biggest changes of the expansion. Seriously, this is huge in promoting more co-operative gameplay.

And Seatin, you forgot one of the most important changes! We can now equip any type of armor in our wardrobe!
    This is seriously such an awesome update, I'm really psyched for this change!

Still waiting on a weapon wardrobe slot.... I love my Phantasmagoria....
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I haven't played Rift since last November so any changes made since then (like Instant Adventures and whatever that other new landmass was) I have missed.

But here's my question: how is max level progression for solo players? RL demands means it's almost impossible for me to run dungeons ("Sorry, gotta AFK" every 5 minutes = booted) or even to PvP and so I concentrated on grinding Rifts, dailies, and as much of the Chronicles that I could. The grind was very, very slow though, and it seemed like before I could finish making any progress, everything would be superceded by the next tier of stuff anyway. So it felt pointless, and definitely got boring.

Others will point out that I have no reason to need new gear because I was just playing solo. Well, I always like the idea that in a game I am building up for the long term to handle the next thing. For example, I could not solo the Greenscale (or w/e it was called) Chronicle and so the idea was to keep building my character up until I could. It was the same thing I used to find most enjoyable in WoW: build myself up so that I could find a challenge and eventually defeat it, like soloing old raids.

So, what is there that is new or better for a potentially returning player like me? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I love my Phantasmagoria....
    A Puzzle of Flesh!

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post

So, what is there that is new or better for a potentially returning player like me? Thanks.
    Between essences getting updated with nearly every raid tier, planar gear sets (sourcestone-bought raid-worthy armor), and Planar Attunement (alternate advancement of stats post-50), and new crafting recipes added every so often, there's additional ways to improve stats and gear without being a raider. Will they always match top level progression drops? No, but there's almost always an upgrade available to you.

Remember during leveling, you could purchase gear pieces with a few sourcestones? Well Trion updated the mechanics and allow you to purchase upgradeable gear with a new type of currency that doesn't require farming Rifts and invasions all day. There's a screenshot or two in one of the other threads, probably OPed by Seatin.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpy View Post
    also there is a new warfront confirmed,whitefall will change and will be like escalation all the time....elrar on live stream said about new cq maps coming but not officially confirmed
    http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-pl...legion20121016

Actually, new CQ maps are confirmed here. I am still amazed, although, that from what I've heard, there has been no testing of the new cq maps (beta or alpha testers). I hope im wrong and the alpha testers have actually gotten their hands on them :P
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-pl...legion20121016

Actually, new CQ maps are confirmed here. I am still amazed, although, that from what I've heard, there has been no testing of the new cq maps (beta or alpha testers). I hope im wrong and the alpha testers have actually gotten their hands on them :P
    if cq maps are coming with the launch, the alpha testers will have seen them but they are under NDA.
    if not , the cq maps will come little after the expansion hit

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a link to some of the Brevane Dungeons streamed earlier. Some interesting looking bosses/fights.

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/337484536

Thanks for that link Azuri, sadly I missed today's stream. Shame, bunch of questions I'd love to ask.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumpy View Post
    if cq maps are coming with the launch, the alpha testers will have seen them
    I would'nt jump your gun on that statement

Anyways I've updated the OP with a few things, bring on more questions!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    This is seriously such an awesome update, I'm really psyched for this change!

Still waiting on a weapon wardrobe slot.... I love my Phantasmagoria....
    Didn't this change already hit in 1.11? I still haven't collected plate gear to test it, grumble grumble.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Deleted
    Didn't this change already hit in 1.11? I still haven't collected plate gear to test it, grumble grumble.
    Yea it, since 1.11 you can wear any piece of armour in any slot, just thought I would add it in tho for new/returning players :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Mount speed question: This may of been in beta only but after purchasing the bear mount which was 150% speed my older mounts including the new CE edition mount (I forget what it's called off hand) did not increase in speed which virtually made my CE mount less desirable to ride due to slower speed. So what's the deal once a faster mount (speed) is learned are old mounts going to automatically update to the new speed or did I just derp and didn't notice speed increase on say my CE mount?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Mount speed question: This may of been in beta only but after purchasing the bear mount which was 150% speed my older mounts including the new CE edition mount (I forget what it's called off hand) did not increase in speed which virtually made my CE mount less desirable to ride due to slower speed. So what's the deal once a faster mount (speed) is learned are old mounts going to automatically update to the new speed or did I just derp and didn't notice speed increase on say my CE mount?
    They 'should' update, I'll do a bit of testing on this at the weekend and petition to get it fixed if they are don't match your fastest speed, but in theory I believe the main goal is to make all mounts match your fastest speed (Just so other mounts are not made redundant!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    They 'should' update, I'll do a bit of testing on this at the weekend and petition to get it fixed if they are don't match your fastest speed, but in theory I believe the main goal is to make all mounts match your fastest speed (Just so other mounts are not made redundant!)
    I already tested this last beta with a friend and the older mounts did not keep up. I would expect/hope this is just on beta and live does in fact upgrade mount speed for older mounts.